5.0 out of 5 stars Instantly calming
This book is wonderful.

If you are reading this review it's because you are considering buying the book - I'd say, buy it!

Published on 28 May 2012 by Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear Drawings
It is a clever visual interpretation of a quiet mind which will appeal to people who want a picture to paint the story
Published 15 months ago by SSI

5.0 out of 5 stars Instantly calming, 28 May 2012
This book is wonderful.

Matthew Johnstone has a gift: he understands - he really does. The book is very simple and uncomplicated but shows a deep understanding of a very complex phenomenon - the un-quiet mind. (un-quiet meaning; troubled or stressed or anxious or sad or fearful or .. well, states of mind that are not calm) The simple pictures and text are instantly calming, but the book also does describe how to get into a deeper practice.

There's no point in me saying more - if you're considering buying this book it's because you've come to it either through looking for titles about meditation, or because you know Matthew Johnstone's work.

It's classic MJ and gets 5 bright gold stars from me : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Quiet The Mind (Kindle Edition)
A lovely introduction to meditation, providing gentle, well paced imaginary to guide you through the different processes to calm your mind and release the tension from your muscles. Try it and see for yourself. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars meditation at its most accessible, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
Straight forward, clear, humorous and accessible for all ages. Star young, stay stress free. Every home should have one excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool - I love it, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
This book is a great tool to help one to start meditation or to come back to meditation. It is easy to read, easy to follow and a great help for concentration and to achieve a peaceful mind. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, calming!, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
This beautifully illustrated book encourages everyone to welcome a sense of calm in to their life by explaining some easy physical and mental steps even the busiest person can take in order to benefit from a few minutes of stillness. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I have found the way, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
I've looked into meditation a few times, and tried it a bit, but never committed to it. As a result I tried this book as it was a different approach to what I've tried previously.

I'm very pleased I decided to buy it! Yes it is short as others have mentioned. But I wouldn't want to be it any longer. It has all the good guidance I need. Why stuff it with other fluff just to fatten it out.

I started to practice once a day. It was tough but persisted and started to get better. Then after about a week, one night I had a very vivid dream. Like nothing I have ever experienced. It is hard for me to explain how vivid it was, but it was very real. When I woke up I felt very strange about it. I realised meditating may have had something to do with it, and it spooked me so much I decided to stop meditating.

I didn't have another dream like it for the next few nights. So I started googling to see if it was meditation that was responsible. Turns out the answer is yes. However it is a good thing. It shows the meditation is really starting to be effective. I was spooked by it, but in fact it is just part of the journey and I should be encouraged by it.

Now I know this I have started again over the past 2 days and keep referring back to the book. I will now stick with it no matter how vivid the dreams are. As long as they don't become vivid nightmares I will be happy as it was an interesting experience!

So please don't be put off how short the book is. It has been effective for me and I would recommend it for all begginers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
I found this book illuminating and inspiring. Beautifully illustrated. It really made me think about how I can live better and enjoy life more. Would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet the Mind, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
I absolutely love this book. I keep hearing about how amazing meditation is meant to be so I've been meaning to give it a go for ages but have been quite put off by the thought that it's quite difficult to do, up until now. I love how accessible this book is and how it takes you through it step by step. Am a big fan of Matthew Johnstone anyway, but I love how practical this book is.

4.0 out of 5 stars A plan for de stressing and insomnia, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
Try it. It is the most accessible instruction for beginning to learn the art of meditation I have found. Upbeat too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy this year so far, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Quiet the Mind (Flexibound)
Recommended by a friend and have found to be extremely helpful. I read it through twice before settling down to begin following the suggestions and simply quieten all thoughts and start to think positively. Would recommend it to close friends who, like myself, have been through the death of my husband, mother, and my own illness.

Quiet The Mind