4.0 out of 5 stars This TV/monitor is NOT Freeview HD
Published on 3 Dec. 2012 by K Breath

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...........
Having decided to ditch my perfectly OK Philips CRT TV and buy a flat screen for the Olympic Games, I set about looking for a small-ish product for the living room. Samsung TVs are highly thought of and I liked the Scandinavian influence on the design of this TV/monitor.
Published on 11 Aug. 2012 by Richard Skinner

4.0 out of 5 stars This TV/monitor is NOT Freeview HD, 3 Dec. 2012
Firstly, this is NOT Freeview HD as it only has a DVB-T tuner(to receive Freeview HD you need a DVB-T2 tuner, which this doesn't have). When I discovered this I was going to send it back but it's actually a good computer monitor and the Smart TV aspects of the set are very good (Lovefilm, BBCi-player, AllShare etc.). I can also receive Saorview on it (DVB-T Mpeg4 compatible).

This is actually the second monitor I received from Amazon. The first one had the same problem as some other reviewers have experienced ie a dead tuner. The faulty monitor was reported/collected and a replacement arrived within 24 hours (well done Amazon!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..........., 11 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Samsung T27B750 27 inch Widescreen LED Smart TV/Monitor with Digital Freeview HD Smart TV Tuner with MHL and WiFi - Gloss Black/White (Full 1080P, Dolby Digital, HDMI, VGA, USB, Scart) (Electronics)
On switching on the first thing it does is hook onto your wifi network; or at least it tries to. Mine wasn't there apparently, despite the fact that my iPad in the room was hooked up, as well as a PC in the kitchen next door. A second scan showed my network at the bottom of a long list, very weak signal.
I didn't bother scanning for freeview TV stations as the set was connected via HDMI cable to a newly installed Virgin Media HD box.
The picture looked good, but I noticed on power-up and also when the lower part of the screen was in darkness, ie titles sequences at the end of movies or showing dark clothing, that there was an area of slightly higher illumination. This wasn't noticeable when the screen was filled with colour. I'm afraid I watched for it to appear when the screen shot darkened, and it became a source of irritation. I must admit my family thought it not worth worrying about.
After a visit to the Samsung showroom at Stratford, east London, not far from where we live, I decided to get in touch with Amazon. "Light Bleed" was the diagnosis from Stratford, one of the Samsung people having told me, though, that all sets do it.
I was reluctant to retun the set as the Olympics were by now in full swing, the reason for the purchase in the first place. They told me that I could return the set afterwards as it was faulty, and sent out a replacement straight away.
The new set is better; hooked onto my network straightaway, and although to my eyes there is still uneven illumination on the screen, visible when the screen is dark, it is not so pronounced. I'm happier than I was, but not totally sold on the Samsung product in the way I thought I would be.
The "Fitness" feature on the Smart Hub has told me I'm overweight, so maybe the set is getting it's own back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the price!, 8 Aug. 2012
A. J. Parmar (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was after a reasonably sized TV for my room when i move to my university accommodation. I spent about 2 weeks researching and visiting electrical stores to compare tv's. I first found this one on the Dixons site, and i knew Dixons was part of Currys so therefore went to my local store, and they surprisingly had it on display. After giving it a good look through (had no ariel in it so couldnt confirm it had Freeview HD), i asked the guy if it did, to which he said that the model doesn't actually carry freeview hd, therefore making me skeptical whether amazon.co.uk's description was accurate. Freeview HD was a must-have feature for me. Upon getting home, i decided to order it from amazon, thinking if it wasnt to my liking, i could easily return it.

It arrived promptly next-day, opened it up, to find, the power lead supplied in the box didnt even have the correct connection to go into the back of the tv. Contacted amazon immediately, they credited me with money to purchase the required cable from them, this also arrived the following day. After this minor issue, the tv was working. And i do not regret it one bit! the screen is so sharp with it being full 1080p HD, my PS3 connects to it seamlessly via hdmi, and even standard SD channels still look good! Comes with all the connections required for linking to a computer for monitor use, however also comes with Intels WiDi (Wireless Display) which allows compatible laptops (with the same technology), wirelessly send whats on the screen, to the tv.

The Smart TV feature was an added bonus which wasnt really a deciding factor for me, however it is pretty useful for bbc iplayer etc. TV's will not be replacing computers for a long while therefore i do not see the need for an internet browser in the Smart TV, but this is a feature on all Smart TV's.

Lastly, the thing looks spectacular. I bought the 24" version, the 27" version would in my mind, look even better! flows nicely with the glossy white cabinet its situated upon, and the black PS3. No, you cant wall mount it, and if thats what your after, start looking elsewhere. But the screen does go backwards to adjust viewing angle.

Overall, if your just want a tv which is plentiful on features and looks amazing, this is what you should be adding to your basket!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small freeview HD with web apps, 15 Aug. 2012
Colin Wray - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this, my second smart-hub Samsung TV.
HD broadcasts really are worthwhile, even on a 24inch screen.
The firmware update using a USB memory stick would have gone ahead without problem if Samsung support had known that an 8GB stick was too big. As it was, it took over a week of pasted suggestions before I decided to try a 2GB stick. Having said that, they are very quick to respond to requests using their (UK) web form.

The stand has a large footprint, the same width as the TV, which may not suit everyone's setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 April 2013
I had read a fair bit on TV monitors and screens and this seemed to be worth a punt. I am not disappointed. Having said that, I do not use the TV part of the screen having no signal where I am. However, connecting up my laptop via HDMI was a doddle and the view is excellent. In addition, the interactive services (once you've learnt the multi-coloured button on the remote is the access point......my son told me!), are quite superb. I think the looks grow on you: I wasn't sure about the white back, black front and glass coloured stand, but I am getting used to it and there's nothing else on the market like it! Having a substantial stand, which doesn't appear to take up too much room, makes it difficult to knock over. I thoroughly recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame the software didn't work properly, 3 April 2013
An odd size for most but perfect for me - I was gutted that it didn't work properly. It was the most recent update on the software, so no option other than to return it, a replacement was sent - exactly the same, thankfully the returns policy went without a glitch. I now have a Sony which is only 22 inch but nearly as good as the Samsung

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it..., 25 Mar. 2013
I was after a replacement TV for my bedroom and from the reviews on this it seemed most reviewers either loved it or hated it. I've had it a week now so far and I am well impressed.
It tuned in no problems and yes it does have freeview HD channels, the picture from both SD and HD is very good.
It logged on to my wifi no problems and did a number of updates. It had BBC iplayer and ITV catchup already on it and I downloaded the C4 and C5 ones which all work fine. Also have streamed a number of different file formats to it from a DLNA server which play well.
As stated by others it can't be wall mounted but I knew this when I bought it and I guess it's looks won't be to everyone's liking but I'm more than happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 21 Mar. 2013
Picture quality outstanding and 3D effect well worth the purchase price. The Wi Fi was activated and works well. Auto channel selection very good indeed

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely stunning product, 19 Dec. 2012
Dr. M. I. Saleem (England UK) - See all my reviews
very competitively priced, top notch product, will recommend it to every TV buff, and computer addict who want the best from Samsung

1.0 out of 5 stars Some issue with the product, 24 Sept. 2012
I have got pretty bad experience with this particual model.
It doesn't pick up any of the analog or digital channels.
I tried the same aerial with 3 other TV's and all of them work fine (one of them is samsung TV).
I concluded that something is wrong with the TV and got a replacement from amazon. Amazon is pretty quick in sending the replacement.
But soon I found the same issue with new TV as well.
After this I decided not to go for this product.

Its a pretty good model but what's the point if it doesn't serve the purpose.