SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB 95MB/s UHS-I Class 10 SDHC Memory Card FFP
Size: 8GBPackage Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange
Price:£26.90-£46.34

on 9 May 2014
I have been using 4 8GB Extreme Pro cards for about a year now with no problems at all, so I would highly recommend them to anyone, But there is one thing I would say to anyone looking to get these cards is your cameras buffer fast enough to benefit from the 90mb/s write speed!

I was looking at getting some more of these card but I did some research and found my Nikon D7000's buffer was not fast enough to benefit from the extra cost of these cards, I found that the buffer on the D7000 only requires a card with a write speed of 45mb/s so I ended up getting 2 Toshiba Exceria Type 2 32GB SDHC Class 10 which cost £24.99 compared to £42.82(at the time of writing) for the 32GB Sandisk.

I did some tests with my D7000, In Manual mode @ 1/1000 f1.8 iso100 on continuous high

RAW 14 bit
Sandisk 90mb/s write speed - 10 shots before the buffer kicked in
Toshiba 60mb/s write speed - 10 shots

JPEG Fine
Sandisk 90mb/s write speed - 110 shots
Toshiba 60mb/s write speed - 112 shots

So please check if you need the 90mb/s write speed first, also some cards have a fast read speed but have a slow write speed your camera needs the write speed, I need the speed when taken shots not when I transfer the data to my laptop.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 April 2012
Superb with Fuji X100.

I normally shoot RAW and fine jpeg with my X100 which means fairly large files.

I have previously used 16GB 25 MB/s which worked OK however I read that the handling of the X100 could be greatly improved by switching to faster cards of smaller capacity so I thought I would try this 8GB 95MB/s and I am so pleased that I did.

This card transforms the way the camera operates not only the write speeds but also the way the camera boots up when switched on.

The Fuji X100 seems different from any other camera that I have used (including many DSLRs) in that the speed of the card seems to effect the operation of the camera rather than just the writing of the data from the buffer to the card, from my experience so far if you have been happy with a "class 10" 25 or 30 MB/s card in a Fuji then you will be delighted with this 95 MB/s one.
on 22 November 2011
SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB SDHC Card

Sandisk has updated its Extreme Pro to 95MB/s speed and at the same time finally to speed class 10, which the old 45MB/s model is not. Both are naturally class U1.
This is clearly the fastest SDHC UHS-I card so far when it comes to benchmarks that I have seen on some blogs and done myself. It is fastest in continious read and write and especially fast in random operations. I have the 95MB/s Delkin/Toshiba 633x to compare and Sandisk is the clear winner.
PRO:
- fastest in UHS-I devices
- fastest in non-UHS devices
- fastest in random operations
- price/performance ratio is unbeatable
CON:
- so far none

I have no UHS-I capable camera (yet) but this card is fastest I have used in my Pentax SLR's and I believe Sandisk being late to come out with 95MB/s card has done its testing with cameras well enough. Nikon D7000 owners can comment that in time..

Did add some pictures of my benchmarks for those who like numbers.
review image review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is one of those sdhc cards that you simply cannot ignore,if your equipment can facilitate the high capabilities of
this sandisk extreme pro 8gb class 10 95mb/s sdhc card,so it is worth checking your equipment is compatible.Two primary
uses is what this sandisk card is used for,a/"digital stills photography",b/"videography in dslrs"and,c/"videography in more traditional standard high def camcorders".This the latter is what i use mine for,standard video use in a full hd video camcorder the canon xa10,this is probably the highest quality piece of digital media i could find for it.X-ray proof is
also useful so when travelling through customs no threat is imposed on the card,it will also operate flawlessly in very
demanding weather conditions.Many broadcast camcorders in the lower end of the professional market use these very cards.Certainly your images may not be any better recorded,go for it with this best selling brand.I get a time reading of 43 minutes on my canons xa10 lcd screen with this card inserted,with the card formatted to fat 32,this can be done in situ onboard your camera or in your pcs multi-card reader.A download of the latest formatter from the"sd association"is a good option. 8gb is enough for 1st generation rushes of many a project,but is also available in 16gb and 32gb for longer recording times.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is hands down the best SD card I have used to date. I have tended to become quite loyal to sandisk now as over the last few years I have found their products generally well built anbd offering amazing performance at realistic prices. I would go so far as to describe them as professional cards at consumer prices. On that note kudos to Amazon for being the cheapest at time of writing. As camera's increase in capability and offer full HD recording it baffles me that people do not them put in the appropriate card to get the best out of their kit.

Like japanman I also had a transcend class 10 card and the difference in eprformance is night and day. I have not posted speed test results as they are subjective depending on your setup and kit but I ahve seen a massive increase in performance switching to this card. I am ready for my next shot faster and it records full hd with ease.

Being their 'extreme' brand the card is designed to be a bit more rugged and I ahve not yet put that to the test, and hopefully will never have to. I have still have sandisk cards such as an old ultra 2 and a previous extreme 3 card whcih speeds aside are still going strong, though they are now whittling out their days in an old digital camera and a photo frame.

Overall this is a top purchase worth the extra money to get the best out of your equipment. Professional level performance at consumer level pricing. Comment Comment Permalink
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Like most people I've had a healthy supply of memory cards over the years, some own branded some big name branded, this is my latest purchase, i got it because i wanted a fast card, I have a sony a77 that's capable of shooting 24mp photo's at 12fps so you could say speed is essential, it definetly clears the buffer quicker, response times (when the camera's writing to the card & when reviewing shot taken), is also quick, and you don't really appreciate the speed until you re-insert a 20-40 mb/s card, it's like putting a Nissan Gtr up against a lada.

8gb will give an A77 user 800 x12mp or 420 x24 mp photo's (both extra fine), as for raw = 329, and raw+jpeg = 227.

For me 8gb is fine, however most will require a larger capacity (minimum of 16gb).

Bottom line, yes you can get 16gb for less than a tenner these days, however what price do you put on a missed photograph ?, having a fast card can and does make the difference.

Final update, Aug2013, I was so impressed with this sd card, that I bought another and intend to get some more in the future, fast they certainly are.
on 24 April 2012
Got this new Sandisk 8gb Extreme pro this morning, after using a Sandisk 15mb/s for the majority of the life of my camera, using this new 95mb/s card is great. Very very quick makes my d3000 feel like there isn't even a buffer on my camera I can take picture after picture and know that I can rely on this card not to lock up at an important time and miss the shot. You wont be dissapointed with this! :)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a very fast card and a great match for my Canon 60D. I have always used this make of card and have had no problems. I recommend this card to every one.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was looking for a better SDHC card as my Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card kept corrupting the files when using it on my HD camcorder, I presumed this may be due to the lack of speed the card had although it was a class 10, so I decided to go for this one which has a 95MB/s speed rate and I have already noticed a difference.

I've not had one file corrupt and I can playback my video faster since using this card, it's been a better experience all round.

Personally I would recommend it to anyone getting an SDHC card, be it for a simple point or shoot camera, a DSLR camera, or an HD/3D camcorder, the extra cash you're spending to buy this card in the long run is going to be worth it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 27 February 2012
I bought this Sandisk 8Gb Class 10 Extreme Pro 95MB/s from PicStop for twenty quid to improve the write times in my Nikon P500. With my Transcend 16Gb Class 10 card it took 11 seconds to write 5 x 5Mb pics. With the new card it takes 7 seconds. That's 4 seconds less time staring at a blank screen as more cars go past on a race track! I know I could have got twice the memory for less money but it's the speed that counts for me.
Also, I tried it in a Nikon P9100. It's Sandisk 8Gb Class 10 Extreme 30MB/s card took 7 seconds for 5 pics and with the new card it took 5 seconds. A 2 second saving over an already good spec card.
I am also happy to report that this Hi-tech card still works in the internal SD card reader of my Acer Aspire One Happy Intel N550 netbook.