5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Beats By Dre
Published 20 months ago by ZK

3.0 out of 5 stars Look Amazing, Sound Average
I was very impressed when I started opening up these headphones. The build quality and overall appearance of the headphones was very impressive. To add to the look the large cups and leather finishings made them some of the most comfortable headphones I have ever heard but I was immediate let down by the sound quality.

Don't get me wrong, they are not terrible...
Published 13 months ago by CMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Beats By Dre, 7 Feb 2013
I own a pair of Beats by Dr Dre Studio's and decided to pick up the Street by 50's, and honestly, I haven't touched my beats since i got these. The bass in these headphones is crisp and clear and they deliver exceptional sound quality overall. In comparison to the Beats at high volumes, the bass doesn't distort any of the music and the mids and highs stay balanced. They sound amazing. On the other hand, the Beats don't offer the same quality of sound at high volumes. The sound becomes distorted and muddy and the bass is too overpowering.
Another positive about the Street by 50's is that they offer great durability. I can bend and twist them a lot more than i can the Beats. The Street by 50's may not fold like the Beats but i haven't found this to be much of a problem. I have still been able to take them with me to college and the pouch they come with is adequate to protect them from getting damaged whilst in your bag or rucksack, however i don't think the pouch will protect the headphones from a drop. If this is an area of concern to you, a hard carry case is available from the official website for these headphones [...].
These headphones are worth every penny and I would definitely recommend them. They offer an unparalleled mixture between style and good quality audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, great sound, 30 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These sit by my PC and are one of my favourite sets of headphones because they are supremely comfortable. I don't need noise cancelling or wireless features when at my desk and so these are very suitable for my purposes. I also find the sound quality for films, video etc superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very good, 29 Jan 2013
Lloyd Gunton - See all my reviews
I was bought these headphones for Christmas having put a considerable amount of research into what headphones I wanted. I wanted a pair of large over-ear headphones with good sound quality and, importantly, not an over powering base. The last point is the reason that I chose these over the Beats by Dre equivalents because I found the base on them too heavy.

Thats not to say that these aren't high bass headphones but that the depth of the rest of the sound you get with these headphones is so good that it doesn't appear distorted by the bass. I'm no audiophile but do liek to lsiten to music and, to me the sound quality is fantastic. Everything is very clear and you can pick out the different levels of a music track brilliantly. The best experience I have had is watching Batman Begins on a friends iPad, it is the closest to a cinema-esque sound experience I have ever had, I felt totally engrossed and surrounded by the sound.

The headphones are also very comfy with a lot of padding around the ears and across the headband (another reason I preferred them to the Dre version). It can take a couple of shuffles when you put them on (and the inevitable initial trial and error to get the right height on the adjustable sides when you first get them) to be a perfect fit but mine are now spot on for me.

However, it does have to be noted that they are HUGE. There is no getting around the fact that they are very much over-sized and rather ostentatious. If you feel easily self-conscious you won't like them. That's why I can't quite give them a 5, they are just a little to big, don't fold for easy transport, only have a soft bag not a case and are slightly too large to sit round the neck if not being worn. However, I knew that when I bought them so can't mark down too much for it, but it does make them not quite perfect.

Overall, delighted with my choice, very glad I tried on a lot of different headphones because that is the only way you can tell which is right for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable headphones!, 31 July 2012
Headphones are very durable i was bending them when i tested them and my god, amazing! Headphones do seem a little but that's due to the big ear pads ( passive noise cancelling). The headphones don't fold but 50cent did this on purpose to make them stronger. Cable seems very strong and comes in blue which looks great. Now down to the main bit, the SOUND! Ok so when i tested this headphones they blew me away this was comparing them to the SL150 Soul headphones & the Studio by Dr dre headphones! I did find however the SL150 Soul headphones were better in the treble area. STREET by 50 provide great bass and clarity, trebles are 7/10 it all depends on the individual i guess. Another great point is the comfort level, i took these on a 9 hour flight & my ears only starting to get warm/ache around the 6 hour mark, but then again are you really going to listen to your headphones constantly for 6 hours? No. Headphones seem to excel really well when playing movies too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Street by 50 (black), 23 Mar 2013
I loved these headphones and was gutted I had to send them back.
They have amazing build quality and the sound was brilliant, better than Beats Solo HD's and Skullcandy Aviator's which I have owned previously.
Headphone cable was great and managed to change the tracks and pause and play on my Nexus 4 don't know about answering calls I never tried.
These would have been 5 stars apart from one thing, they are huge. The wife said they looked ok but looking in the mirror I just thought I looked stupid. If they were just to use in the house i wouldn't have hesitated to keep them.
I have quite a small head so if you are not as self conscious as I must be don't think twice.
For the price of £120 these are an absolute bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars are they better then dre?, 10 Mar 2013
simply put yes in sound quality they are much better then beats by dre the sound is much smother then beats but the bass is defenetly better in the beats but since i dont like bass that much theese are great and they are incredepedly confertable to wear but a bit big for my taste and not that transportable since they dont fold like beats does but i combat this by wearing them around my neg so they ceep my neg warm here in the last cold months :) all in all i give them four stars

for sound i give them 5 stars

for bass i give them 2 stars

for transportation i give them 3

and last but not least confortability i give them 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant for £100, 1 Feb 2013
i bought these headphones because they were such a steal for £100 but when i got them i wasnt aware they were pre-owned, which really isnt a problem for me because their in great conditions but all the reviews ive read have said they have alot of bass but my pair has barley any bass! this is a pretty big problem for me as i listen to alot of D&B and dubstep so i'm wondering if the previous owner has broke them in some way which is very dissapointing, i'm wondering if it is just my pair or this problem has accured for others? apart from that completely satisfied, they are comfortable, sturdy and i must say look very fresh in white. great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and comfort but plasticy feel, 21 Aug 2012
J. Lyne (Forres, Morayshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones produce an excellent sound from almost any source. The inline remote works fully with iPhones, iPods and iPads and there is also a microphone which produces good quality in-call speech as long as you make sure you have it facing the right way round (the cable is removable so it is possible to have the microphone facing away from your mouth). The microphone and call answer/end button also worked on my HTC Desire HD.

As expected from a modern rapper the 'phones are much more suited to modern music. I found that I could leave my eq settings at flat for almost all modern music. When listening to older rock and classical I needed to turn the bass down a bit otherwise the sound could be a bit muddy in places. Regardless of the enhanced bass response the rest of the spectrum was crystal clear at all volumes. The sound is the best I have heard from any of my numerous pairs of headphones.

They are surprisingly light and comfortable to wear. The memory foam does a good job of ensuring that there are no pressure points anywhere on your head. The 'passive noise cancellation' is a bit of a joke though... Anything that goes over your ears will passively reduce noise. The case is also a bit of a letdown. It is a vinyl bag which is supposed to protect the cans from getting scratched but there is nowhere to put the detachable cord so unless you stick that in your pocket then the cord itself is going to scratch the headphones. They also feel a bit plasticy around the adjustment area, and I am not convinced how well this will hold up to repeated teenage abuse.

They have passed the style test as my 15 year old daughter has taken ownership of them and is happy to walk around the town with them on.

Overall though it is the sound that matters and therefore these are the best pair of headphones that I own despite the small niggles above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 20 Jun 2012
Length:: 1:25 Mins

im not normally an over-ear kinda guy when it comes to headphones, but decided to see what the fuss was about.

After trying out a few, including other "rapper" headphones, I decided that I personally couldn't tell the difference between these and other more expensive alternatives. They feel well made, durable and light without feeling cheap. They are also comfortable to use for long periods of time without fatigue.

im now gradually converting to using these over my normal in-earphone choice whenever I can. (although I cant get away with them in my office unfortunately).

i would recommend them to anyone looking for a decent set of over-ear headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great product with a few minor niggles, 24 July 2012
J. Morris "Josh" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, where to begin? These are 50 Cent's addition to the burgeoning world of high-end-headphones. They are of exceptional build-quality; the padding around the ear-cups is memory foam and the leather inside to the headband is upholstered in the neon-blue styling. What's surprised me was that they don't fold like Monster - Beats but stay rigid. I own a pair of Dre's Beats and also a pair of Ludacris' Soul to give some basis for comparison; I much prefer the build and stylings of these SMS Audio headphones. There is a ratchet-style extension just above the ear-piece and the cup itself is on a ball-joint allowing for articulation to properly hold your noggin.

And boy, are they comfortable. Despite being the largest headphones I own, they are amongst the lightest and the memory foam is truly comfortable - what annoyed me is that they are being marketed as including "passive noise cancellation" i.e. they get in the way of sounds. Please don't be misled, this is no different to someone saying that sticking your fingers in your ears is "noise-cancelling" technology. If anything, they echo certain frequencies rather than block them out. Some sounds can sound like they are louder when wearing the headphones (cars rushing past is the one I notice most; probably not a bad thing...) The matt-plastic is a beautiful finish to an already pleasing ergonomic product - I will say they are on the large-side of things; but if you don't mind looking like you work in air traffic control then cool.

The cable; this is literally the only thing that Monster beats (pun intended) SMS on. The cable here is a single button, so we have no volume controls, just one push to play/pause, two to skip the track and three to skip backwards. This is fine, it doubles as a microphone for your phone, but when Monster have the triple control (as above, but with volume up and down) why would you remove this excellent functionality when designing your competitor product? The right-angled jack is slightly more prominent than Beats, and on the first insert into my iPod, the cable started feeding my iPod with random skip/fast-forward/stop/start orders. Very annoying, after a quick clean this was resolved, but needless to say, it doesn't happen with other headphones. Hesitant to push this point as this maybe due to my older iPod (with up to date OS).

Last but not least - the 'HD' sound. It's rich & resonant but not overly bass-heavy as might be expected coming from a rapper's production. The trebles and mids all ring clear & true. At highest volume you get distortion but that is to be expected, and boy do these puppies go loud! Fitted with professionally-tuned 40mm drivers (neodymium mass-drivers) they do have the oomph you might expect. You can use them as speakers at maximum volume; no joke, it's loud enough to hear clearly if they are just laying on the table. Accoutrements in the box include an airplane jack (for those annoying "double" 3.5mm jacks on older planes) and an anti-bacterial wipe for the headphones (or your iPod screen, as mine is more-frequently used). The case is a joke; it's just a vinyl-feel bag, it's waterproof with a draw-string to close it but provides 0 protection to the headphones. Not great, but they do claim to be made of UFP (Ultra Flexible Polymer) which apparently doesn't break.

Anyhow, apologies for whinging at length, I just wanted to point out some glaring errors or omissions that could have made this product the best in show. However, it's not the best unfortunately, despite having the best build quality.