on 31 March 2014
This was a pleasant book to read and I quite enjoyed it, but it lacked the subtlety and intrigue that Jane Austen brings to a story, and the outcome was all too obvious right from the beginning.
The manners of the period and the ballroom scenes were all there, but it lacked the depth and richness of description to bring it to life.
It was a light and pleasant read if you just wanted a romantic period novel.
on 28 August 2014
I loved it. Jane Austen purists will find it a bit difficult as Shannon Winslow does tend to slip from Austen inspired prose to modern day language but if you just accept it for what it is ......... a Jane Austen inspired novel it is lovely.
on 17 September 2013
Loved it, I like anything that is written in the Jane Austen mode so there wasn't ever any doubt that I would only give it a good rating, also I think that anybody who hasn't read Pride and Prejudice will still like this book.
on 13 May 2014
This has a good story and sets out some rather engaging characters, all in the Jane Austin style. Nice heroine and other characters. Her depiction of Bath in the period is accurate and I would recommend for Jane Austin fans.
on 22 December 2013
Big fan of Jane Austin and this is a very good inspire book. Really enjoyed this particular one and I have read a lot. Enjoyed Shannon Winslows style of writing, think Jane Austin would enjoy this.
on 1 February 2015
Anyone who loves pride and prejudice should love this book, I found myself so deeply engrossed in Jo's life that I had huge problems switching off my kindle lol
on 8 October 2013
Shannon Winslow has yet again produced a book in such a style, it will please most Austin devotees. An enjoyable read from start to finish.
on 17 February 2013
I enjoyed this. Josephine was a very likeable heroine, however, I did know the eventual outcome rather too early is the book.
on 4 March 2016
I enjoyed this book. will read it again
on 2 July 2014
Loved this book and very easy to read.