5.0 out of 5 stars At last a light that works!
Having spent more than the cost of a new Glow or Paperwhite on lights for my ageing Kobo I finally tried this one having read some favourable reviews.

I was not disappointed.

Published 18 months ago by W. McMillan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Nook
Pro:
Small, well made and easy to fit. The LED's are very good indeed, providing a clear, crisp wash of light across the display. The rechargable battery is superb, lasting a great many hours on a single charge.

Con:
This is advertised as suitable for the Nook (Simple) Touch. Though it fits my Kindle well, it certainly does not fit the Nook due to...
Published 15 months ago by eumaeus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a light that works!, 16 Jan 2013
W. McMillan (Ayr ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EasyAcc light panel LED Book Reading Light with Rechargeable 800mAh Li-ion Battery for Amazon Kindle Touch, New Kindle, Kindle Keyboard, Nook Touch.

I was not disappointed.

Although fairly heavy it casts a bright and even light over the whole page. The rechargeable battery lasts a long time and precludes further expenditure on batteries. Easily the best of all the lights I've tried. With the brightness being adjustable by a dimmer wheel it should also cater for all preferences.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Reading Light, 13 Jan 2013
Having returned 3 Kindle Paperwhites, due to 'screen issues', I decided I needed to get a kindle light for my Kindle Keyboard 3g. Having searched through Amazons selection, I was drawn to the 'EasyAcc LED Book Reading Light' as the only light that enables me to recharge it from a power supply.
I received this on Christmas Eve and as yet, have had not had to recharge it! So, I cannot comment on the length of time needed to re-charge the light. the light is used for a few hours every night and I love reading by it. It only needs to be on the lowest setting, to read in a pitch black bedroom, that is probably why the original charge is lasting so long.
The quality of light provided on the Kindle page is very good and provides a very consistent quality reading experience, on a par to how a good Paperwhite screen would appear.
I've rated this four star, as it's so new and I've yet to re-charge it, or know how well the light will last. I would recommend this light to anyone, it's easy to put on and off my Kindle keyboard at night. On a negative note, I think it would be perfect if only I could use it, without removing my Kindle from its protective case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 May 2013
Great light, fits well and is very bright! Charge lasts well, overall very impressed!this was my 5th light I have purchased and the one that's lasted the longest and lit the most of the page. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kindle light by far., 29 Aug 2013
Mrs. G. Burton (Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these for my sister who only had the Kindle touch. She was delighted with it so I bought a second one for my granddaughter to use with her Kindle keyboard.
It casts a nice even light and the brightness is adjustable so you don't disturb anybody else who wishes to sleep for example.
I would definitely recommend this to anybody who has a Kindle without a built in light

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 July 2013
This is an excellent light. Lights up the whole page on its lowest setting for easy reading even in complete darkness (we have blackout blinds). I don't find it too heavy and it sits on top of my kindle in its slip in case if I keep the case velcro undone. I have had it probably 3 weeks, read for at least an hour a night and I haven't charged it yet. Brilliant. Just what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for more than just the Kindle, 25 Jun 2013
I read the reviews on this that said it was a little heavy and though "well that's ok, I read in bed with my Kindle propt up anyway". Surprisingly, it is not heavy at all and slots nicely on to the top of my Kindle Keypad.

The light it gives out is amazing, I couldn't believe how bright it could get. There is a dimmer switch to control the light, I always have it on the lowest. If you turn the dimmer switch to it's highest setting this little gadget can light up the whole room.

The other thing is how long the light lasts, it lasts for ages. I read every single day and I have only had to charge this once in months, and to be fair, that was just after I got it so the battery was a little low.

This light is so strong and portable I am going to use it for something completely different too, as my festival torch, I can imagine that I won't miss any guy ropes within 20 miles.

Would I recommend this? without a doubt.

Mx

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect marriage - kindle and light., 22 May 2013
At last, the perfect light to read my kindle (kindle 4) with at night so I don't have to have the bedside light on and keep my better half awake. It's taken me months of searching but I got there in the end.

If your like me, then you love your kindle for the ease of reading your books where-ever and when-ever you want. The only problem was that you couldn't do it at night. When I first got my kindle I searched around for a case that would save it from all the knocks that come from daily life. There was no way that I was going to buy the very expensive Amazon case and there was absolutely no way was I going to buy the even more expensive Amazon case with the light.

In the end I found a fantastic case from TeckNet at a fraction of the cost of the Amazon case (about 6) and looks just about the same, but I still needed the light.

Enter the EasyAcc light panel LED Book Reading Light. It comes with rechargeable batteries and uses the same charging lead the you use for the kindle. A definite plus, one less thing to carry around with you. It slides onto the top of the kindle with a silicone sleeve on the back to stop it slipping or marking the back. With it's lighting level being adjustable it will suit all light levels and it's weight is such that even when you lie on your side in bed the light doesn't pull the top of the kindle down.

If you have a case with the elastic straps at each corner you should be able to use this light with it's silicone sleeve on but if you have a TeckNet case like mine then you just have to remove the sleeve and undo the Velcro tab at the top of the case and the back of the light will slide down behind the kindle itself, job done.

I know that some people may find that 12 is a bit much for a light when you can just go and get the Paperwhite, but for those of us that have the old faithful kindle, then this light is the one for you. You can be sure that the price of batteries is only going to go up and within a short time it will have paid for itself.

My life is now complete. I can read my kindle day and night and keep on the right side of my better half as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 April 2013
Really useful for use if you want to read but the other half doesn't and you want to turn off the bedside lamp. The only downside is how it fits, it doesn't. Not very well anyway. Otherwise, 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Mar 2013
I. Kennedy (Newcastle) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased I bought this light - it has only needed one charge since I bought it and that was just the very first night as I wasn't sure how much pre-charge it had, so it lasts for ages (I read for about 2-3 hours per night). The only downside is how top-heavy it makes the Kindle and that it can move if the Kindle is on it's side (this was resolved with a couple of elastic bands). Also, I had trouble gripping the Kindle to stop it falling forward/sideways with the weight, but I sorted this by keeping my jelly cover on the Kindle and using the elastic bands to keep the light snuggly on. This light would be perfect if you sit up at night or always have it upright, unfortunately I always have it sideways lying on my pillow, but after a bit of personalizing it, I wouldn't have any other light (and I've been through a few battery-powered ones in my time!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The EasyAcc light panel LED Book Reading Light., 19 Feb 2013
The EasyAcc light panel LED Book Reading Light.
What Can I Say, It's Fantastic, it Works Great, Lights Up The Whole Page. No Fiddling it Around Trying to Find The Sweet Spot Theres No Need...
this Gadget should be on everyones Wishlist and Must Buys..
Fully Charged It Lasts For hours and Hours it Has an adjustable Brightness control and I found the Lowest setting was just Fine. At 14.99 it does cost a bit more than the clip on bendy lights. that only light up a small piece of the screen.
With one of these "EasyAcc light panel LED Book Reading Light" you get what you pay For and whole lot more and Because It's Rechargeble you Never to Worry About Buying Batteries.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›