4.0 out of 5 stars BANG ON
Having only heard Horses from her oeuvre I therefore do not count myself as a fan of Patti Smith. Being a music fan who always appreciates the music before the lyrics may explain why I didn't appreciate Horses as much as most did and, consequently, why I always preferred the early albums of the New York scene's other punk pioneers, the Ramones, Television, Blondie and the...
Published on 14 July 2012 by A. J. Gilpin

3.0 out of 5 stars Immature and disappointing
I disagree, obviously, with most of the reviews so far posted. Patti Smith was one of my heroines back in the late 1970s and her early albums, especially Radio Ethiopia, will always keep a special place in my heart and mind. However, whereas I've grown up since then, Patti Smith hasn't. Here we have the same old stuff, now verging on the pretentious. Religious...
Published on 10 July 2012 by Gillian Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Union, 25 July 2012
M. R. Dangerfield (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
Sorry to begin a review with a cliche, but this is a great album. With a gift token burning a hole in my account, I bought this album on the basis of other reviews, and I was not disappointed. What I mean by the title, is the union of the spoken word/singing voice and the music. Like Neil Young,Patti's voice is undiminished by age, similarly her muse. Constantine's dream is an epic of epic proportions, not pretensions. As an art lover, I now have an urge to see this picture, and get more of an insight into the song. As a bonus, the wonderful Tom Verlaine plays wonderful guitar on two tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for a long time, 8 Jun. 2012
M. W. Hall "just_martin" (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banga (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
Well, according to the extensive notes in this beautifully packaged edition, this CD was recorded and written across the world - many locations, many times, many people. Yet, the end result is a cohesive piece of work that sounds like the band were in the studio together. And the songs, well the signature passion, mysticism, religious leanings, friends, life, death - they're all there and from that point of view, no surprise. But, I think they sound more polished, even 'poppier' than recent offerings. This is right up there with my favourite PS albums. Of course, it's different to Horses and Easter, there's a lot of time and people passed between then and now, but this album evokes their spirit and lives up to their challenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patti Smith, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Banga (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
Amazing album and cover. Loved it being in a book and having all the info about her. Fantastic. Didnt know her music till i got this but am def a fan now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct. 2014
Satisfied :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album this year by one of the best artists ever, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of this amazing woman since the beginning. Not everything she has ever done has worked. But here you have everything, from the brash rocking sound that is banga to subtle and emotional tributes to friends that are no longer. See her live to experience the real Patti Smith, but buy this album to listen to as often as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present., 16 April 2013
This review is from: Banga (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD for my daughter's birthday, she loved it, said it was her very best present. I expect to be ordering more of Patti Smith in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Triumphant return by Patti Smith, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
A friend let me borrow this album to try. I just had to buy it. I think it is absolutely brilliant. There's a lifetime of musical experience on this wide ranging album. There is not a poor track on it. "This is the Girl" a tribute to Amy Winehouse is terrific, very moving and thoughtful. "Maria" a eulogy to Patti's past friend Maria Schneider is quite wonderful and poignant. What a great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, thanks!, 9 Feb. 2013
Mrs. Gill Baker "Gilly Baker" (West country, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
As an impulsive sort of person, when I decide to order something I want it NOW! This arrived very very quickly, even though it was part of a mixed order - and as always with Amazon it was securely packed. As for the music ... it's Patti! She's a complete legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best since Horses, 21 Jan. 2013
C. Gibbs (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely stunning. Patti has released many great albums over the years - but nothing to match her first album 'Horses'. This album does. From the opening track Amerigo through to the children's voices on Patti's version of Neil Young's 'After the Gold Rush' it is a pleasure to listen to, over and over again. It contains a couple of really fantastic songs in 'This is the Girl' - Patti's tribute to Amy Winehouse and also the beautiful 'Maria'. I first saw Patti at the Roundhouse in 1976 and seems like just yesterday. I would say her voice on this album is the best I've heard it. I'd recommend this album - even to non-Patti fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banga, up there with Patti's best!, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Banga (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
A new Patti Smith album is always an exciting prospect & "Banga" doesn't disappoint. This is a beautifully presented cd, complimented with a wonderful book written in Smith's intelligent & insightful prose. For myself, "Banga" is Smith's best album since the magnificent "Horses"............... I love it.

Banga
Banga by Patti Smith (Audio CD - 2012)