Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 April 2014
Upon first listen it was a decent enough affair. But it's one of those albums that just get better and better with each listen. I must have listened to this about seven times over the past week alone. One song "Destiny" the guitars at the start sound very similar to Dark Moor's song "The Road Again" not a complete copy. But there is a similarity to be had. Losing My Mind has to be my #1 track on the album. But this was an extremely hard choice to make since I love the whole album.

Some might call them Power Metal. I think this album has more in common with Heavy Metal. Judas Priest, Saxon (the modern day version), Dark Moor and a few other bands of similar style. You really can't go wrong with this album. For some it might take a couple of listens. But I don't see it truly disappointing anyone. Unless they are the sort of person that is only open to what came before. Again no judgement there. It's all personal preference at the end of the day.

5/5
on 9 July 2013
I only discovered this group after reading a review about Hammerfall and what a revelation when I listened to snippet's from the Amazon store. Last year ,I bought my first album ,the special edition version of the Premonition and have since acquired all but one of their back catalogue .Nothing comes near Premonition for catchy tunes and power but they all have something to offer until this latest studio effort. The whole album suffers from a "lifeless" production and forgettable tunes.Too much focus on proving what a great guitar player Gus G is, has left the production lacking in power and substance.Let us hope this a temporary blip but the loss of Apollo from the line up may take some filling!!
on 27 July 2014
Gus G and band give it some killer wellie on this release! Full on Metal onslaught with some killer tunes to boot! The best since the first two offerings! Saw them on the tour and they Rocked!!!!!! Rock!!! J Counsell.
on 12 June 2012
I was looking forward to this album after the slightly underpar 'Days of Defiance' but not at all impressed with "Few Against Many".
It's a little darker in places but that doesn't work at all and the more trade mark Firewind tracks sound like a rehash of previous songs and the ballads are quite appalling.
I'd say Firewind have had a good run but have simply run out of ideas like most of the melodic power metal bands.
on 8 December 2012
Never heard these guys before but really like this album. Pleased I gave it a go and will be looking at others in their back catalogue based on what I have heard on this one
on 21 May 2012
Firewind are back with another release, this time called Few Against Many. And what a good album it is from start to finish. The opening track wall of sound is awesome and has a groove pantera type feel to it whilst sticking to its original sound. Its darker and heavier compared to previous releases but thats ok. Who would want a band to produce albums all sounding the same. Each album they have made is very different and i feel they are improving all the time. They have a unique sound in there music and i can honestly say they are one of the best melodic bands out there and very good live too!! Best songs 1.Wall of sound 2.Few Against Many 3.Another Dimension the whole album. Buy it!!! You wont be dissapointed!