5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Feminine Character and Smooth, funny writing makes this book a treat to read!, 10 April 2012
This review is from: The Dragon Slayer's Apprentice (Dragon Slayers Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of the Rimsey Stories in my capacity as Editor of Welcome to Wherever - one of the perks of the job that I really enjoy - and I can fully recommend these stories, both in this book and in the first of the series The Ways of Dragons (Dragon Slayers).

The writing is smooth, the comedy wry and very funny; but the main thing that I find most engaging about these stories is the main character. Rimsey is a strong, independent woman who knows exactly what she wants, in a realm that doesn't recognised the equality of women.

I adore these books (and coming from someone who loves dragons, that means a lot!) and think that Rimsey should be travelling a lot further than just her realm - she ought to be teaching teenagers in this realm a thing or two about their gender!

I also cannot wait for the next instalment...

4.0 out of 5 stars Rimsey learns Dragon Slaying!, 31 Aug 2013
These are good stories, and Paul clearly has a thriving imagination. I would recommend a thorough proof-read in places, but that hardly detracted from my enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beguilingly easy to read., 20 July 2012
I read the first book in the series a while ago now and had forgotten how good Paul Trembling is at telling stories.
In fact, I read this and then went straight onto book three, (A Plague of Dragons) in a oner.
OK, they're not long books and so it didn't take long, but they are extraordinarily well written and damned hard to put down.
I'm looking forward to book four which should be coming out soon.
Enjoy.