on 12 July 2012
This Laptop/ultrabook is amazing! I have been using it for 3 days now and it is a pleasure to use. It is fast, but not the lightest ultrabook on the market.
I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone!

I got the core i5 with the 500gb hard drive for a bargain price of £593, which is an amazing price for an ultrabook like this.
on 3 September 2012
I keep it in the family, I love Acer since receiving one as a gift for going to university almost 5 years ago. The Acer Aspire range is fantastic and offers nothing but a smooth, efficient processor. This latest edition of the Aspire is quick and easy to use, fun to play with and offers users an experience to blow them away.

As far as games are concerned, this is the perfect model. Battlefield 3 & Football Manager, usually ones that like to abuse RAM and GFX are running brilliantly.
on 10 August 2012
Had this for one month and it's turning out to be a great ultrabook from everyday utility to demanding 3D productivity. The combination of portability and processing power has been far more that what can normally be achieved with the budget. Although with this price, the various small things like RAM and data ports are going to be somewhat limited (and I'm not expecting this to be extremely durable), but this would definitely receive my approval in terms if the processor and graphics.
on 7 August 2012
I have only had this laptop for a few days now. I am in LOVE with it. Amazingly fast, looks great and feels great. An awesome buy!
A word of advice...when you get this laptop I uninstalled all the crap that acer puts on the computer and this way you have lots more space..not that you may need it!
on 12 September 2012
I have always purchased Acer laptops and thought the next step was to go for the ultrabook-

Its light and got a great keyboard -

There are couple of really annoying aspects the off on switch is at the front and I have turned it off mistakenly a few times as have others using it
So its not in a good place

The touch pad is way too sensitive and even going in and adjusting the settings doesnt improve it much.I tried to disable it as it became so frustrating , but then I had to plug in a usb mouse to use the laptop

Ive been using it now for a couple of weeks but find myself going back to use my 5920g
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2013
I'd bought an Acer laptop before and been happy with it, but this netbook has some extraordinarily bad design choices and at least one serious flaw.

The flaw is that the sound doesn't work when headphones are plugged in. You cannot listen to sound from the netbook through headphones: the sound only plays when the headphone jack is unplugged. This is thoroughly annoying when using it in a public space such as an office or a cafe: I expect to be able to use headphones. Googling on Acer laptops led me to discover that this is a known problem with them. Good reason to avoid them in future.

Bad design: the power button at the front appears to have been positioned exactly where lap use means it'll easily switch off accidentally and power down. I'm still annoyed with myself for buying it for that reason alone - I let Acer's brand name carry more weight than it should have, since I'd been happy with my previous Acer laptop.

Bad design: the touchpad is seriously oversensitive. If I'm using this netbook on a desk I greatly prefer to plug in a USB mouse, because using the touchpad is just frustrating. Unfortunately this netbook is not over-supplied with USB sockets. I bought a hub to use with the laptop. And of course with a laptop bought for lightness and portability, it's much preferable not to have to carry a mouse and a USB hub around to be able to use it.

Flaw: no socket for a printer cable.

The screen is large, it's light and slim and easy to carry, and the keyboard is very nice. It's a shame that Acer made such a mess of designing the touchpad and the power button. I probably shan't be buying Acer again - not even if they've fixed the obvious bad design flaws, because the invisible flaw of being unable to use headphones with it is really a dealbreaker.

I've owned this laptop now for 10 months. I use it primarily for work. It's not as useful as I hoped it would be, because it is so much easier to use at a desk than on the move.
on 24 September 2012
Okay... So I've bought this laptop for my university work. I am now sure that it is fir to do its job. I will be very brief and simply write out pros and cons of the laptop:

Pros:
-Light and thin
-Fast and the only big-company dedicated graphics card laptop
-incredibly fast (switches on after 20secs of wait)
-Good battery life(cannot say yet for sure)

Cons:
-Very deep sound
-Placement of the ports
-Trackpad(but it does get very easy to get used to so don't let yourself down).
on 13 June 2013
I LOVE this laptop so much I cant even begin to explain.

I am not an IT expert and nor do I know much about computers at all, I even needed to run this spec past my partner before purchasing it. It has a better spec than many desktop computers I have come across and runs like a beaut. It is a little pricey but I feel it is worth every penny you spend.

It is so light weight that I take it to uni and to work in my bag and hardly notice that it is there! 3kg is not a lot considering what you have at your fingertips.

The start up is insane, I mean 3 seconds from standby to fully on... Also means when there is an update and needs to restart, takes all of about 20 seconds to shut down and load up! AMAZING!

The battery life is unbelievable, I would never believe what they say about how long the battery lasts. But this laptop seriously lasts as long as stated, I mean I can take the laptop fully charged to uni WITHOUT the charger cable because I know it will last all day!

There are so many more features that I love but would take too long to explain

Buy this laptop and you will be as impressed as I am!
on 11 February 2013
This is a great all-round laptop. I use it for internet browsing, game-playing (World of Warcraft, mainly) and general work in Windows.

It's slim and lightweight but feels sturdy. The keys are absolutely fine to type on and there are all the necessary sockets (three usb, ethernet, 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI and a slot for an SD card (I think)). It also has a recording DVD drive, I'm told - although I've yet to record DVDs on it.

The display is absolutely fine. The sound is fairly good but it's a laptop so it's not perfect, but it's as good as you could expect from a laptop.

My only gripes about it are:

1) The location of the on/off button. It's VERY easy to accidentally switch the computer off - and the first you'll know about it is when everything starts shutting down. It's a pain.

2) The mousepad/trackpad thing is a bit naff - sometimes it doesn't click properly. However it's okay for most things and works about 95% of the time.

Other than that, a great laptop - especially for the price.
on 26 September 2013
Pros: start-up time is just a couple of seconds.

Cons: once it's started up, it's so slow that it's often pointless having turned the thing on. Even once you've removed all the clog-ware that they install with it, the standard usage of physical memory WHEN IT'S NOT EVEN DOING ANYTHING is 70 - 75%. Literally, that's when there are no programmes running at all. I've done nothing more challenging with it since I've had it (one week) than basic internet use - not even streaming anything, literally sites like amazon - and yet TWICE it's been so clogged down with whatever processes Acer thought were essential to run in the background that it's frozen and had to be switched off at the plug. You know - like a caveman would have to do.

That, coupled with the absolutely painful keyboard (which randomly decides not to acknowledge when you've pressed certain keys), makes it an absolute pain to use.

Never again.