on 7 September 2012
This reader is no bigger than it needs to be. It has slide out covers to help protect the usb plug and the card ports. There are no silly thin wires to get broken which is what happened to most of my other card readers. Yes this is a card reader that will be around for a good amount of time. Speed of accessing data on cards is really fast on a USB3 capable computer or printers Yes I am happy with my purchase and I would recommend it.
on 4 December 2012
It arrived in 2 days and test on many SD and MicroSD format.
It works flawless with every card I tried.
It seems to me transfer speed on USB 2.0 is faster than other adapter.
In USB 3.0, it fly at 84mb/s at one time.
There is two card receptors. You can put one SD card and one MicroSD card at the same time.
It shows on pc as two separate drives.
The sliding cover is a bit flimsy, and You should slide in when use cards.
Overall, happy with function, not great on construction side of sliding cover.
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
Excellent card reader, it's fast and very well made, definately a high quality product, definately worth the money.Easily the best card reader i've ever seen or used.
on 1 July 2013
That's MegaBytes, not bits.

Using a SAN-Disc Extreme Pro UHS-1 64GB. The card is rated 95MB/s (max). Given that my PC is good by not bleeding edge, I think that's a fair score.

Compared to a built in card reader also on USB3 which went at half that rate.

Its a bit "clumpy" size wise, but it works fast and I am guessing that's what most are after.
on 16 December 2012
Such intuitive design, absolutely superb! Love it, and only for £6, bargain! Would definitely buy more of these. I only needed it for the SD and MicroSD. It is a bit bulky though so beware for laptops, but for a desktop with plenty of ports, it is perfect.
review image
on 5 June 2013
This is well worth getting if you have USB 3.0 and fast cards. The only downside is that it is a bit bulky as you can see from the picture. You need to have enough free space above and below the USB socket in order to be able to plug it in. It certainly makes a massive difference when copying large files acroos to a fast microSD compared to the snail pace USB 2.0.
on 17 December 2012
I have used this non stop and works every time. It even takes my Sony memory sticks which really surprised me. It is a bit chunky but very well made.
on 24 January 2014
This works fine and is quite fast but it feels cheap and nasty with silly little slide out covers both ends which don't stay in place or do much as they dont fully cover the plug anyway. Why doesn't someone make a quality USB adaptor?
on 12 February 2014
This is the best one so far as I've had a lot of bad luck with previous readers such as this one (loose fit cheaply made):

and this one (would not read in some devices i.e. tv's ect):

and this one (stopped working, made of the cheapest plastic ever!) :

After all the bad look I though I would pay a bit more and get a quality product.
Was worried this would not work with devices such as consoles and TV with it having separate slots for standard SD and SD mini but found it works perfectly with my Nintendo WII, Xbox 360 & WD Live.
The card slots fit very well unlike some other readers so your sure its connecting to the pins correctly.
The sections that pull out to cover the cards are a bit loose and the blue led light is next to useless but for me these are minor points.
Can't really comment on the speed, but if it was really slow I would of noticed and throw it on the pile with my other 'failed' readers.
All in all very happy with it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2012
This is a nifty device. Handles SD, and microSD without the need for an adapter.

Not sure the sliding covers are really that necessary - I tend to keep the device with both retracted anyway.

It works fine. I have tried booting Linux off an SD Card plugged into this unit, and that worked.

The only issue I have is the device is much bigger/fatter than I expected. If you have a slim laptop you may struggle to plug this in because this is one chunky device.