on 20 May 2012
As a Villa season ticket holder, still hurting from a season to forget this DVD shows how football should be played. Goals a plenty from the start, drama on and off the pitch AND pipping Man Utd to the post made City my guilty pleasure.
I'll even forgive Barry and Milner for their defection now that they've put the glory-hunting, cheating-diver, over-rated Ashley Young firmly in his place.
77 comments61 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2013
I was there for every home game in the league, the Champions League and the FA Cup, as I had been for most of my life. I had dreamt of these moments since that youth, and finally, after all the pain and suffering of the 90's, the false dawns of the early 2000's, the drag between 2003 and 2007, and finally the two takeovers of 2007 and 2008, Manchester City Football Club had risen to the top once again and were Champions of England.

In vintage City fashion, they had to make it difficult for us. The many moments of joy and inspiration were joined by the now occasional screw-up, though of course those screw-ups nearly robbed us of the joy that was to be experienced at the end. Our Champions League debut, the derby double, the demolitions of Spurs and Norwich and of course the great comeback in the final 6 games of the season culminating in Kun's last gasp winner; they're all here!

While the experience can never truly be beaten simply by going back to a DVD, "Champions" does bring back the memories and the delight of the 2011/12 season, with the extras reminding us of some of the highlight moments and even some comedy here and there.

As previously mentioned, the 11/12 season represents the ultimate re-arrival to the top of the mountain for City and allowed the platform to truly be built on for the future. There will be many more special occasions in the future, but this particular season will forever stand out as one of the finest.

An absolute must for any Manchester City fan. If you haven't bought this by now, what on Earth are you playing at? :D
on 17 June 2012
2 disc
Disc 1 review of season. Some truly brilliant football. Each chapter is a month. Shows tables in between, running away with it early on then united have 8 point lead etc etc.
Disc 2 interviews. Clips of training and parade.
Ace!!!!!!
Can't believe we did it.
Received on fri and my 8 yr old has aleady watched both DVDs twice.
Will be watched again and again.
on 24 May 2012
As an avid Man Utd fan since the start of football in 1992 this is painful for me to say. This was the best ever season for soccer I've ever had the please to watch on my TV. Have to say that City deserved to win in the end, and they gave me some great highlights this season, so I'm thinking of buying it myself. Any soccer fan will love this, the best season on Sky ever. The season was that good, I'm thinking of going to some games next season, and this DVD will only enhance that feeling.
44 comments40 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 January 2015
This has to be the best title race in the history of football, as I life long city fan we have had are ups and downs, mostly down's so when we were 2-1 down, with not much time remaining i said to my self typical city, even when it went 2-2 I thought it was to late, but then the most amazing thing happened I felt like I was in a dream one minute I was in complete despair to complete joy, the Sergio Aguero goal will live with me for the rest of my life. Wonderful season one I will never forget, and may never see again.

***FEATURES BELOW***
Disc1: Season Review 2011/2012
both discs Run Time 180 mins approx

***Disc2***
Behind the scenes documentary
-charting all the major stories.
Sensational signings
Life with Mario Balotelli
Nasri on Mancini's tactical talks
Sergio Aguero re-lives his title-winning goal

***Disc2 Extras***
Final game of the season feature
The inside story of the parade day celebrations
>with interviews from the bus.
In-depth interview with the club's
>chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak
on 11 June 2012
Since MUFC were founded by Malcolm Glazer in 1992, i felt emotionally obliged to support the Manchester United Soccer Squad from here in Austin, Texas. I had to buy this DVD though as I can never let myself forget all the goal conversions conceded at the Trafford Arena on the 23rd October 2011 and to remind myself of how the season progressed, as I tend to only view 3 games a season at most on ESPN, but the guys on Redcafe call me a dedicated fan!

I also know someone who went to the Trafford Arena once, and he said the City Soccer Squad could never win the EPL, President Ferguson had promised!

In my disbelief, i got the DVD today and it seemed like a great watch, but I had to leave before the final whistle went at Manchester City Arena on the derby game as there was traffic to avoid on my way to the fridge, so if anyone could let me know the conclusion score that would be awesome man.
on 30 May 2012
Given there only seem to be "reviews" from non-City fans on here so far, I thought I'd correct that.

I've pre-ordered the 2 disc DVD set from Amazon - at £12 it's £8 cheaper than from the mcfc site, so clearly good value.

As it's a pre-order, like the other reviewers, I've obviously not seen it yet, but surely it's got to be worth £12? Has there been a better Premiership season and a better culmination?

As a long-suffering Blue, who spent the first 21 years of my life in East Manchester and seeing City win very very little (the exception being a trip to the FA Cup final last year), I've waited 40 years for this moment. I still can't believe it actually happened, so I'm hoping this DVD will cement it as FACT in my head.

And in any case, the hard-drive which contains those Match of the Day highlights from the final day must be about to pack up because I've watched them over and over and over again, so this DVD should hopefully alleviate the strain on my Humax box.

CTID.
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2012
i can totally empathize with some of the reviews for this product .i too are an avid man u fan of 1 generation having been brought up in inner city slough.having time to reflect on fergies mistakes towards the latter end of the season with the late capitulation against everton and the blatant omission of bebe,i can now appreciate the attacking flair displayed by city throughout the season ,only spurs in an odd game displayed such flowing enterprising football especially against city at white hart lane .twelve pounds to me is a bargain if for nothing else seeing the sunderland poznan.again well done city ,as i prepare to move my job north to trafford ,i just thank my lucky stars i am not in manchester to face the humiliation .fergie will no doubt get the boys in shape to wrestle our title back especially with the rumour of frank stapleton rejoining for the season ahead.
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2012
Ok, like the others who have reviewed this I haven't seen the product. But it can't fail to be terrific as the excitement of the league race was a joy to watch. I doubt the drama of the last few minutes will be matched any time soon. Rangers are my number one team (and we've not had a season to cherish!) but City have always been my English team and I'm so pleased to see them get success after so many years of hurt.

The reviewer complaining about City using their financial muscle surely has to be joking? United have been spending millions for years and the fact someone else can now outspend them seems to be hard to take for some.
on 13 August 2012
This is a complete review of the best City season in many a lifetime. Every match highlight is here on disc 1 including the Carling Cup, Champions League and FA Cup. But the league matches are the most important, all 18 out of 19 home wins, 10 away wins including the 6-1 at United and ALL goals for and against.

Disc 2 includes many extras, behind the scenes and interviews.

Overall this is a must buy for ALL City fans and at £11.99 on Amazon, it is a bargain! (£19.99 at the City store!)

Looking forward to the next DVD....#CHAMPIONS 2012-13 lol!