4.0 out of 5 stars You wont find a better system for this price
Published 13 months ago by Mr_Chips

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Product
Unfortunately after returning the Vibox twice it failed to work for longer than about 6 hours. I would not fault customer services or the engineers as they were absolutely amasing in the service that they offered and delivered. It was disappointing for us but the product did have a fault which made it not fit for purpose.
Published 9 days ago by Mrs Wickham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars You wont find a better system for this price, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: VIBOX Sniper 10 - Latest 4.0GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Intel i7 Haswell 4790K Quad Core, Extreme, Performance, Water Cooled, High Spec, Desktop Gaming PC, Computer with Neon Green Internal Lighting Kit (Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Maxwell 4GB Graphics Card, 120GB Solid State Drive SSD, 1TB Hard Drive, Huge 16GB 2133Mhz RAM, MSI Z87-G41 Motherboard, High Grade 600W PSU, Corsair H55 Liquid CPU Cooler, DVD-RW, No Operating System) (Personal Computers)
First I'd like to start on the positives about the machine. It's extremely quick. Good quality case, a lot of room inside for upgrades. For example, an extra case fan and SSD's etc. Good quality components inside. I.e. Gigabyte and Asus. The Nvidia 770 card is epic. The graphics and gaming experience on the machine are superb. However, Vibox have used the cheapest make of the Nvidia card they could find. None the less, the card still performs as well as any other manufacturers version of the Nvidia 770. I suppose you can't really complain too much about this, as most systems currently on the market with such a high end GPU are selling for around the 2k mark. For the money this machine is well worth it. The 2000 Gb Toshiba hard drive doesn't perform to well on the windows review system. If you read reviews on this it's a fairly low budget device.
Vibox are badging this machine as being Overclocked to 4.2 GHz, this is not the case. The Machine runs at 3.5 GHz while under load. This is still fairly quick and makes the machine fairly rapid. The Vibox machine didn't come with any of the drivers installed, so I had to install all myself, this wasn't really a problem but Vibox market the machine as ready to use. My machine was using awful on board graphics when sent out to me.
I had also asked for Vibox to install Windows 8 on my machine, they did but didn't install properly so a complete reinstall from scratch was necessary. The temperature sensor digital read out did not function at all, I had customer service send out me a replacement. The Vibox customer service team are good but sometimes they will try to pass you over hoping to bamboozle you with technical speak. But on a positive they did ship my replacement part out in a timely fashion.
The only down side is the quality control. There is no way my machine was fully tested before being sent out. The case was slightly dented and the screws were still very loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellence!, 12 Jan. 2015
Had this pc for a week now and it works flawlessly, its fast and most important it can run The Witcher 3 on recomended settings. Its silent and it looks freaking cool. Delivery was fast and the package was solid. Got this 5 days before estimated delivery time. Im not much of a tech guru and and building my own rig at pc specialst would have cost me the same. Pc was ready so it was just plug an play for me. Also got european EL sockets and not the UK ones so kudos to vibox for that. Support is also very swift and efficiant. Check out their Facebook page and you will see how dedicated they are to their consumers. I will stick to these guys for further upgrades and such when time comes, now i will enjoy my powerful vibox for a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class buying experience, 22 Oct. 2014
Even with the modifications I requested to the base specification the product was delivered within the original timescales. Regular emails kept me informed of the build process. The PC (Sniper Package 10) was well packaged for delivery, and having read bad reviews of the courier (DPD), I was pleased to receive both email and text notification of its arrival, and to have DPD meet the delivery slot too. Setup was no problem after installing Win 8.1 pro, and everything seems to be running as expected. As good as an online shopping experience gets, and since VIBOX have a specification for everyone (with optional modifications too) and offer highly competitive prices, I would definitely buy from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Nov. 2012
Ordered on a Monday & arrived on the Wednesday the same week!

Been using it for 3 weeks & the PC runs so fast when gaming!

Not had any lag when in a 25 man raid in wow!

Can't fault anything so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, and an amazing gaming PC, 24 Dec. 2014
The PC arrived after one week of first purchasing the item.

As for the computer itself, it is amazingly fast. I am running games such as WoW on a 3440x1440 resolution monitor at 90-100 fps even in some parts of 25-man raids in ultra/maxed settings, although some fights dip to around 60 fps when it is intense. this isn't even a problem as games that run at 60 fps in the first place are already going to run smooth and perfect. If you are running a 1080p monitor I am guessing your fps on games with exceed 100 fps easily on maxed settings too.

I cannot fault the computer so far, and it is a pleasure to use because of how fast I am able to load applications and how quickly it responds to simple tasks. The price for what you are getting is also going to save you a heap load of money compared to brands such as Alienware that will demand more than £2,000 for the exact same specifications.

Also, if you are a gamer like myself, it is much better to pick the 16-32GB RAM option because you want the product to last you long into the future especially because the high end games are starting to demand at least 8GB ram for recommended settings. As far as I can tell, it is also easy to upgrade the Graphics card and CPU, making it a monster machine for years to come.

The case itself is also very cool with the RED lighting and especially the temperature on the front which enables the user to find out how hot their PC is, and can be useful especially if you decide to overclock your card.

The computer also has the CPU liquid cooling system which is a great addition for keeping the computer cool and not too hot. as for the fan, you can notice that it is there but its definitely not loud and it is nothing to worry about either because you forget it's there after a while. Another great thing about the system is the fact that the fan never gets louder even when you are pushing the computer on max setting settings on high performance games and applications, meaning that it stays at a steady speed with no annoying fan noise that gets worse.

Truthfully, Vibox states that the system will last you way ahead into the future, which it will for the next 3-4 years, but if you want to play games on max settings after that time, you may need to upgrade your graphics card which shouldn't cost too much. the CPU however will definitely last for the next 5-6 years at least and the 16GB RAM+ will last even longer before you even need to think about upgrading them. The fact that the system has an SSD is also a benefit to your speeds too whenever you save your files onto it.

All in all, im very happy with the product and I would definitely buy from Vibox again. This review was made 1 week after delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good computer package, 25 Aug. 2014
The computer arrived within the advertised time slots and was well packaged. I have had the system nearly a fortnight now and it has worked perfectly the SSD drive loads the operating system very quickly. I have installed a couple of games which my old i5 was struggling with and this runs them with all the setting at maximum. It was nice to get the Windows eight DVD and not gave to make a recovery disc. To date I am very satisfied with the system

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Gaming Tower, 27 Nov. 2014
Iain Tricker (Glasgow, Lanarkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had this PC for several weeks now and it's stunningly good value. It easily handles everything I throw at it without breaking sweat.
Vibox have this tower spec'd with excellent components and has a great build quality.
It was delivered within a few days of my order and was very well packaged for transport.
The Haswell processor and water cooling system works great - I've never seen it rise above 40C after a whole day playing Skyrim on ultra settings.
The mainboard can take 32GB of overclocked DDR3 RAM and there are 6 x SATA 6Gb/s. There is plenty of room inside the case for expansion.
The MSI OC Genie button - overclocks the CPU and memory to their most optimal settings in a flash.
The MSI live update utility makes it very easy to download and install the latest BIOS, chipset drivers and essential utilities from one place.
If you are looking for a high-spec gaming PC but don't want to build one yourself - look no further.
I ordered it without any OS and subsequently installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS on it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit., 22 Aug. 2013
This machine is amazing, in fact it was so brilliant I bought my son one as well. We are both gamers and were amazed at how well it operates. It is also excellent for the work I do with photographs and all the general day to day things I need to do. The price is remarkable. We had thought about building one ourselves but when we prices all the components it wouldn't have been any cheaper. Thanks Vibox it lived up to all our expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best PC I've ever had!, 19 Jan. 2015
After 3 months:
Pros:
- it's amazing! Super fast, pretty quiet and nice looking.
- Customer support - almost apple-like! My GFX broke after a month or so. I called them and opted for an upgrade (GTX770 -> GTX970). I've received the card the next day and had my old one taken back. With the upgraded card - there is currently no game this beast could not eat with Ultra settings! (yes, even ACU!)

Cons:
- SSD is not as fast as expected
- the box looks nice but it's very delicate (it cracked when I opened it :-)
- disks were screwed up in a way that it was extremely difficult to move them (I wanted to put 2 more inside). I've had to cut the screws to do that.

To sum up: I would recommend the seller to anyone and will definitely buy my next pc there!

4.0 out of 5 stars The only problem is that it comes with win8. ..., 6 Jan. 2015
The only problem is that it comes with win8. I had crashes on daily basis. Nothing helped even after hours of research on the internet. After 3rd fatal crash I got back to win7 and now it works as smooth as F1 on dry track.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›