4.0 out of 5 stars Good flick through book
A good book for ideas when your lessons and imagination are getting a bit stale. One thing I would recommend is buying the paperback rather than the kindle edition as its difficult to flick through the kindle edition for ideas.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Tweak of the week
Published 13 months ago by M. Wheeler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flick through book, 8 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this book!, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as a birthday present for myself, and wasn't disappointed! There weren't many ideas in it that I hadn't heard at one time or another, but having them laid out and written about was quite inspiring. This book is readable, enjoyable and has lots of great ideas. Most of all, it is what I look for above all else in a book on teaching: useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, creative yet practical., 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
It didn't take long to read. It wasn't bombarded with academic jargon and theory. At every page, I thought of a class where the idea would or would not work. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
A very useful and practical book both realistic and inspirational. There are many helpful tools/ideas that will help me be a better practitioner alongside good advice to help me maintain a sense of proportion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile wee read, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
So, yes I admit...after 20 years in the trade...a typing error in the initial pages of this book almost put me off continuing at all....but I am glad I overlooked it...stopped being a teacher for a minute...went with the flow and read on. Good practice shared in a light hearted non condescending manner...a welcome warmth of tone after the usual thankless busy whirlwind of a day. Lots to reassure I`m going things right with a healthy measure of innovative must tries. Thank you William. Two hours well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book!, 2 Dec 2013
This is a great little book packed full of excellent ideas to inspire and motivate teachers of all experience and age. I like the way it is set out so it is easy to refer to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reminder!, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
Although l have taught for many years this is a great book full of reminders and good ideas in the classroom. Downloaded to my kindle, l dip in and out every few days and use some of the ideas in class. A great refresher - would very much recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
This is every trainees must read. Ideas a pretty for when you feel like you'll never get it. Worth every penny

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: 100 Things Awesome Teachers Do (Kindle Edition)
A very useful book but nothing ground breaking that I haven't seen in other similar type books. Well worth reading

3.0 out of 5 stars Tweak of the week, 31 July 2013
M. Wheeler "Martin 1989" (South London, England) - See all my reviews
This book is OK in its way I suppose. It provides a few fine epistemological nuggets that will put a smile on the face of any visiting Ofsted Inspector. A couple of key points are really quite well made. I can understand why the book became an iBook bestseller. '100 Things...' is handy for just dipping into. An overworked teacher suffering chronic mid-term blues can dive between the covers and sometimes pluck out a wee 'Tweak of the Week' pedagogic pearl. As a result their tired hastily cobbled-together lessons are slightly spruced up by simply applying a good idea from the book. However that strength is also a weakness in my view. I felt that the book was a bit too shallow for my wants and needs as a harassed teacher. It seemed to just touch on an idea before moving swiftly onto something new. I occasionally felt I was gargling from the fountain of knowledge instead of drinking from it. There are some good ideas in the book, but I am not sure there are 100 'awesome things' in it. I think it lacks the "Wow I've really gotta try that!" charge that I sometimes get when I read books written by Jim Smith, Dave Keeling, Phil Beadle or Sue Cowley. '100 things...' is OK, but I sort of feel that there are better books available out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›