5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kitchen Kit
Published on 7 July 2012 by Divecat

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but needs refinement
Works on my granite worktop but not plastic chopping board. You need to press against very hard surface for it to work properly. Very easy to clean (with a toothbrush). Garlic comes out quite big, good for stir fry. Use a grater if you prefer a mush.

Published on 10 Oct 2012 by artyshopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kitchen Kit, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
There is a certain way to use this item (and I bought the full metal item as it would withstand a certain amount of abuse - read on). To ensure the garlic does not stick, just drizzle some oil on the honeycombed area then crush your garlic. If the bits are too big (as some other reviews state, but which I didn't really find) just scrape off the garlic and rock over it again. Because you have oiled the item before use, the garlic should come out of the holes with ease if you upturn the tool and just bang it out on the chopping board. Any remaining stubborn bits can be easily poked out with the end of a pointy chopstick. In an ideal work JJ would have provided a second tool to get the bits out; however, life is not ideal and you just have to be flexible. I never get 'garlic fingers' as I wash my hands in cold water (it stops your pores opening and the garlic smell getting in). I hope this helps any potential buyer as this is a nice bit of kitchen kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but perfectly designed device, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
This garlic crusher is a much simpler design than most. It is cool to look at and looks great in my kitchen as I have a lot of brushed steel in there. To use you simply put the garlic (peeled) on a hard surface and rock the garlic crusher over it. The crushed garlic is not a fine puree but slightly coarser than that, perfect for recipes which call for crushed garlic. Then the crusher is so much easier to clean than my old Oxo garlic press, a quick run under the tap, maybe a little brush and it is clean. I liked the comments of previous reviewers that a. to get the garlic smell off your hands, rub the clean crusher between your palms- it works! and b. to prevent garlic sticking to the crusher drizzle on a drop of olive oil. This garlic crusher is much easier to store in a kitchen drawer than most, due to its flattish and more compact design.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but needs refinement, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)

Looks fantastic, will last a lifetime. Am glad that I didn't get the green/aubergine plastic ones as I think the pressure will cause them to break with repeated usage. This one is a bit expensive but worthwhile.

Great idea, but they should make the holes sharper and a bit smaller in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product: practical and stylish!, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
This is such a great buy that I also ordered one for my parents and in-laws. The best garlic chopper I could find on the market. Dishwasher safe and doesn't take any storage space! The best buy for the kitchen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design, but a bit fiddly to clean, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
The rocker looks great, works well, but is a bit fiddly to clean well. Having said that, all garlic crushers/presses are fiddly to clean. However, being stainless steel, it will last longer than my last crusher, which rusted badly. Also, being stainless steel, if you wash your hands with it, the smell of garlic vanishes (same with onions). So would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect garlic crusher., 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
This is a perfect tool. It works well, looks great, is easy to wash and even removes any smell from your fingers when rubbed just with water. It rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 15 Dec 2013
DibDab (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
It's much easier to use than a garlic crusher and whilst it's a bit of a pain to poke out any garlic left behind, that's much easier than with the crusher. Being metal, I'm not wary about putting my weight behind it, which I would be with the plastic versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharon, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
This is a beautiful little gadget. I hated trying to chop garlic up or trying to crush it.This is so simple to use and does the job perfectly. I don't find it difficult to clean .I liked it so much i bought my daughter one along with other kitchen utensils as christmas stocking fillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 Feb 2014
Mrs. N. Baron (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
As I already have a garlic crusher, I was in two minds about buying this. I do a lot of home cooking and this item has become invaluable. It is much quicker and easier to use than the crusher. Highly recommended and good quality, it will last for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good garlic press, 2 Feb 2014
Ricci (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker (Kitchen & Home)
I don't think there is anything such a perfect garlic press, but this is pretty good. It should come with a little prong to poke out the bits of garlic stuck in the holes, I use a chopstick, but it wastes less than a conventional garlic press. Easy to use and goes in the dishwasher, I would recomend the stainless steel one as it is easier to clean and stronger.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›