4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money - with one minor quibble., 7 Dec 2013
Emmster "the book wurme" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Quadrant 900x900mm Stone Easy Plumb Shower Enclosure Tray with Legs & Panel
This is a great shower base. It is nice and solid and, with the feet kit, was just the job for my first floor shower.

When screwing the feet to the base I was a bit nervous because:
a) the screws were small
b) there were no markings (on reflection you do need to think about where the pipe-work may be located and so markings might cause more trouble than they solve)
c) the feet seemed quite tall i.e. I was having visions of the kids jumping up and down and the whole thing collapsing (in the end this was good because our house is quite old and having a goodly amount of level adjustment came in handy).

After siliconing the thing (with an entire tube) to the wall - it was rock solid and stood the test of me (16 stone) jumping around on it.

The only thing that narked me a little was that the drain on the base I got wasn't positioned as per the piccy (mine was on the radius edge) and was probably about twice the size. There's no functional issue; I just think, when buying something largely based on a picture, an effort should be made to ensure what you see is what you get.
After consultation with my 'interior designer' (wife) it was concluded that it was a perfectly reasonable location for a drain and there was no issue (phew!).

In addition I bought a 900x900mm enclosure that I fitted onto this base. It is also a well made, good value product that I'm chuffed to bits with.

Considering the prices I was seeing/being quoted I'm extremely happy with the value for money aspect. For some reason I was really nervous ordering this over the web (normally i'm not bothered) but it worked out really well. I thought I was looking at somewhere between £600-£1000 for a base+enclosure (based on showroom catalogue prices). I got the pair of these for £216 and can't believe that the more expensive units could give me £400-£800's extra quality...unless they're gold plated (which the wife says wouldn't 'go' in our bathroom anyway).

It's been in and working now for a few weeks with no problems. Happy days.

[Edit 15-Mar-2014] Thought I'd stop by and say this item is still in perfect working order. It's been used every day since I installed it, has had various things (admittedly plastic) dropped on it, kids jumping around in it and my heavy-weight frame too...and it still looks like new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with it, 2 Mar 2013
Great quality product, the only criticism I have is the drain is very tightly secured to the base, and we found because of this the soapy water was gathering and beginning to puddle around the drain, so we lifted it out, and we now just tilt it slightly to one side, and that has solved the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 8 Oct 2013
purchased this item a while ago , the item is as described arrived in good time. Looks real good fitted with the screen and looks real good with the fitted plynth , again money well spent and good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quadrant 900x900mm Stone Easy Plumb Shower Enclosure Tray with Legs &..., 13 Sep 2014
Excellent service, very pleased with item looks great, good value for money. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Sep 2014
Very pleased with shower tray good quality