on 31 March 2016
Brilliant in parts, misguided in others. John needs to remember that true knowledge does not come from the research of other misguided folks. Or maybe he is another level of 'truth' designed deliberately to mislead those who seek the purest form. Watch the film 'Inception', and know that one may equally be asleep though one believes oneself to have awoken from a dream (Programmed reality). Glaringly obvious mistakes and omissions prevail in this book.....I did however enjoy reading it.
Well written, well argued, well 'researched' (using the generally accepted symantics for this impoverished method of truth seeking), but sadly lacking pure truth (Hence the 3 stars).
If you are a genuine soul of light John, and indeed do seek REAL reality then feel free to contact.
on 4 March 2016
This book is an engaging read, especially for those of us interested in conspiracy theories. John Hamer looks at the many hoaxes and lies perpetrated by the Global Elite since the beginning of civilisation. The book is divided up into different periods throughout mankind's history, and it's not necessary to read from the very beginning. You just select the "conspiracy theory" that interests you and dip in. I found the chapters on the sinking of the Titanic, the NASA Moon Landings, and the alleged murder of Princess Diana to be very illuminating. However there are enough theories in this book to interest everybody. Once you start to read you may find it hard to switch off your Kindle. Great Book at a reasonable price.
Fascinating - everybody should read this book for another perspective of our history. I couldn't put it down...
on 27 April 2012
Just wanted to say, "Thank you, John"! I saw both your interviews on 'Edge' & know that you've researched this book for 10yrs, & should be commended for doing so!
I'm also a researcher (of sorts) on these type of things & I was looking forward immensely to your book finally coming out.
I was aware of most things in the book, however, even though I've only read several sections thus far there have been more than a few tid-bits of info that I'm glad have now been brought to my attention, plus a number of topics that I hadn't heard of or simply had never thought to investigate before.

To those who have an interest in any conspiracy-related material, this is a veritable encyclopedia & a definite must read.
To those who haven't heard of any of this stuff before, I urge you to read this book asap as it will totally blow your mind!
That said. I can easily imagine the newbee reading this & thinking the author is a complete & utter nut-job, but once one starts to research it for oneself, one gradually begins to 'wake up' to the fact that the falsification of history is exactly what has happened & continues to happen in this world.

It'd probably take me another 10yrs to comment on everything in the book or indeed try & convince any of the uninitiated that this stuff is real. What I will say though, is that this book should be given out to every student, in every school, in every country around the world; in an effort to combat the rubbish we grow up & live our entire lives believing. I, for one, wish I'd been handed this book when I was in my formative years, but am also glad that I eventually 'woke up' of my own accord. If everyone on the planet read this book a lot of the awful things that are going on in this world might begin to change, after all knowledge is power. At very least anyone reading this book will have food for thought & just may start to ask a few more questions.

John, once again I thank you for your work & dedication to this/these subject(s), & I will promote your book whenever & wherever I go in the world to everyone I meet.
on 9 September 2013
This book was amazing I loved it. It was more than just a conspiracy theory type book, it gave real alternative views with evidence and credence to back it up.

I would recommend this book to people who are open minded enough to taking a critical view of the world we live in today.
on 16 May 2013
Having read most of the books by David Icke, I found this book to be very similar in content. If you enjoy this book then you should try Icke's "guide to the global conspiracy" for more eye opening information on this subject. Because everything we have been taught, is wrong and we are born into a world of slavery that is controlled by the elite money men that are known as "illuminati".
on 9 March 2014
Having read around many of the subjects listed in the `Contents', I approached this book with an open and enquiring mind, but was surprised when the book moved quickly to suggest the abandonment of science and skepticism.

What then must be our yardstick?

The approach of this book is more in keeping with the presentation of a new religion, plying the age old methodology for suppressing and controlling the mass of humanity by the presentation of opinion and fantasy as `facts', whilst at the same time denying testable evidence, and pouring scorn on science and sceptics alike, whilst accusing them of being tools of the oppressor; and thereby sucking in and fooling those who are prepared simply to be told what to believe.

I am firmly convinced that not everything in the mainstream is exactly `as it appears to be' and that many conspiracies and unpleasant events have occurred in our past, and are likely to continue in the future. I have a great deal of respect for those who have the courage and tenacity to sift the evidence and shine a light into the dark corners of our world; but the approach must always be clear and analytical, with clearly testable references, otherwise books of this sort will do much to destroy the credibility of sensible and methodical researchers.

Surely we must remain alert thinkers, and apply our minds to a critical analysis of all that is offered us, or we risk becoming the very `Sheeple' that Mr Hamer and others have cautioned against!
on 18 November 2013
It would be very easy to dismiss this book as just another nutty conspiracy, but there's something about the reserved tone of the author and his constant exhortations not to trust him but to investigate his claims for yourself that lifts it above the usual dross peddled in this area. A good read, but often a disconcerting and depressing view of the world that you probably won't thank him for sharing with you. Still, if you would rather know what's really going on, then you owe it to yourself to at least consider the possibility that everything you have been told to date is lie, and this book provides more compelling arguments than most.
on 9 August 2013
This makes for an interesting, but very depressing read. It overwhelms you with research about living conditions of today's society. Written in plain easy-to-read language style, you can get through it extremely quickly. There is one over-riding concern I had. Apart from being able to pull out quotes from historic and famous personalities, where was all this information derived? And how can we know for sure that there is an element of truth in it, rather than just hearsay? If it is true, it could make one feel very helpless and, as a result, depressed indeed.
on 23 June 2013
I have already reviewed this book but it has mysteriously disappeared. This is a book which has some interesting sections especially about the banking system, hemp and modern medicine but tends to cover ground already covered by David Icke, an elite conspiracy. I did find the fawning over Hitler unpleasant and although not denying the Holocaust took place there seems to be an attempt to justify it by saying the Allies also were also guilty. Unfortunately I just struggle to believe the amount of people required to keep quiet in regards to the Apollo landings, 911, chemtrails etc frankly unbelievable. Another technique the author uses is to suggest on one page and the next page it is a fact, an example is Stanley Kubrick could have been involved in faking the Apollo landing and on the next page it is a given fact.

Another quite ridiculous notion is an alien race from the constellation of Orion came to Earth, sorry but there is no place as the constellation of Orion, it is simply a linkage of unconnected stars into a pattern by ancient man, the stars of Orion lie millions of light years away from each other. I have an open mind but as the great Howard Devoto said "My mind is not so open to let anything crawl in"