on 8 January 2014
The text is littered with grammatical mistakes which becomes increasingly irritating.There is an attempt to give a sense of time and place but the story is like something out of Boy's Own and there is little attempt at characterisation. The book is diisappointing and is not in the same class as novels by Elizabeth Chadwick or Phillippa Gregory.
on 27 January 2014
Enjoyed the tale, particularly the parts highlighting the roles of the archers in the various battles. The descriptions of everyday life were also very interesting and evocative. Thought the proof reading of the text was poor and could be improved but this didn't take anything away from the story.
on 10 June 2014
Not a good read. Poorly written, bad grammar and mis spelling throughout. I would not recommend this book. I am glad i didn't buy the hardback.
on 12 April 2014
Good read and the characters were believable but the appalling spelling and punctuation is unforgivable and surprising for a UK published book.
on 25 February 2014
I couldn't get past the grammatical and punctuation errors. I wonder if the author knows someone who can assist him?
on 21 May 2014
Disjointed,characters come and go without much if any depth to them. Felt like the book was written in a rush.
on 18 January 2015
VERY poor punctuation and weak spelling ruin what otherwise would be a readable story. A few small errors, such as referring to Martello Towers (which were invented in the 18th century) during the Wars of The Roses. In the latter part of the book, our hero spends what was in those days a lot of money, but there is no account of how he comes into possession of such cash!
on 18 March 2016
The story line drew me in but the spelling and type errors really frustrating, come on publishers why are you not quality controlling these books! you do no favours to your authors. I am half way through and just had to vent my opinion let's hope the rest lives up to the promise at the start.
on 22 April 2016
Transcription & grammatical errors made this, for me, impossible to read. I just felt angrier the further I got. I have deleted this book from my Kindle.
on 12 February 2014
Lots of spelling mistakes and other grammatical errors. A bit Robin Hood-ish if you get my drift. Not very educational, wouldn't recommend this book