5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed 3: PC
AC3 has finally come to PC after a month's waiting from the console release? Is it worth the wait?

Absolutely!

Published 20 months ago by ace2029

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Having played all the PC Assassin's Creed games since AC2, I found this game a particular let down. Having thoroughly enjoyed running through the streets of, and on the rooftops of those Italian cities and Istanbul in the previous games, I found the New World lacking in the historical and architectural grandeur.

Running through the sparsely build cities and...
Published 12 months ago by PETER

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed 3: PC, 1 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed 3 - Join or Die Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

Absolutely!

Having bought and played through the PS3 release, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with AC3 on PC. Bear in mind though that you will need a fairly decent setup to run this as it packs a punch in the graphics department. Textures are sharper, full DX11 implementation along with TXAA and tesselation. Aliasing isn't a problem when running at 1920x1080 even with AA on the lowest setting in the options menu. There are times when you will stand still in the forest, looking at the grass sway, the water ripple and listen to the wind in the trees and the birds singing. This really is a beautiful game and needs to be seen to be believed.

DLC is being released across ALL platforms, PC included. It's a big install, clocking in at around 17Gb plus a patch to download and install. Two DVDs are in the box so this is a "coffee and biscuit" install!

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 4 July 2013
PETER (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Running through the sparsely build cities and through the woods is just not much fun. For me, that takes away much of what I previously enjoyed in the AC franchise.

The parts I really enjoyed were the ship missions. However, the problem I had with those was that after the initial missions, the missions were all samey and I would have liked to have the option to sail the ship rather than being transported from the harbour to the scene of battle.

Overall, I got bored with game after a while, tried some of the side missions, got bored with those and left it at that. The game is clearly quite a technical achievement with the ship battles and forest, but I just can't help wonder what it could have been like, had a the game been set in a more densely constructed old world city like London or somewhere in old China.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have it, 20 Jan 2014
I am becoming a bit of a Assassins Creed fan. I am pleased to add this figure to my collection. Great product, packaged well. Thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars poor promise from UBI, 20 Jan 2014
2/5

Game felt good at first but story was all over and not well structured as other AC games
There were some weird bugs some of them were not letting me finish my quests

2.0 out of 5 stars worst AC ever, 21 Dec 2013
This is far from the quality of the the Ezio's AC. The collector's edition is quite good, but the book with the hidden secret is easy to break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good entry point for a new fan, 7 Dec 2013
C (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This was the first AC game I played so unlike some other reviewers I didn't start with Altair or Ezio so I can't do much comparison between them. However I did know what happened in Revelations (thanks to a playthrough) but even without watching that playthrough I would've been able to understand what happened previously thanks to the short summary of the past game events which I thought was a very nice touch and a great intro to remind all fans what occurred in the past games, that and the use of the 2012 Mayan prophecy was pretty cool I thought by terms of giving it some kind of realism.

Not being an AC game player before this I thought getting to grips with the controls and plot of the series was very easy though I have to say Desmond did really annoy me at the end of the game but I won't spoil that for anyone. The only part I didn't like was the naval battles, the controls were a bit awkward for me and I found them rather hard but maybe that was because I preferred running through the trees and assassinating guards. On the topic of the guards, they tend to walk around in lines which makes it entertaining to see how many you can assassinate before they realise what's happening...sometimes it can take a while too only adding to the laughs.

Now for the extra content in the collectors edition; the box itself is nice which is always important as that'll be what you see on your shelf, the medallion seemed huge compared to what I thought it'd be but nice nonetheless and the notebook was pretty interesting and added to the plot of the game.

However I know the people who have played the series from the very beginning weren't very fond of Conner for different reasons and the only thing I can really say to that is, Conner sounds to be a very different person than Altair and Ezio which of course might not please long-term fans but for newer people I think his story explains alot about what the Assassins and the Templars are from almost an 'outsiders' POV. When I say that I mean he wasn't born into the assassins or knew/discovered anything about his heritage with the assassins so it gave a pretty unique perspective, until the latest game "Black Flag" came out at least. He's an interesting character and I feel it is worth playing the game even if you're a bit hesitant because of what other people have said about him or even just watching a playthrough for a bit before deciding to buy a copy for yourself from somewhere.

Overall I recommend the game but with everything you may find you dislike certain aspects or parts of the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars What's In The Collector's Edition?, 10 Oct 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series, and I really enjoyed this game. Not as good as Ezio's days, but still a great game in my opinion.

To see the unboxing video, please see the link below;
youtu.be/1dAEFMenSfI (copy and paste into address bar)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, 1 Jun 2013
The optimization for this game its 0! I'm verry frustated with this game and im a fan from ac series

5.0 out of 5 stars The action just got another level!, 10 May 2013
I've been playing it so far only for a while but as we speak only completed couple
of segments and it is just stunning.

I can't wait for what the next generation of 4k & 3D games brings in the next 2-3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Teen Satisfied, 26 Feb 2013
C. S. Stewart "inventor" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Now there's a contradiction in terms.
However, my son loves these games and has everyone.
I suppose he's like any other teen - they just seem to devour these.
He's loving it, and if he's happy my life is a little easier.
Its very well put together and its quite an adventure just to watch him play in multi-player.

Assassin's Creed 3 - Join or Die Edition (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed 3 - Join or Die Edition (PC DVD) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista)
23.48