Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 28 August 2015
Mesmerising.watched. This at the proms and was transfixed. Just had to buy it.so relaxing and absorbing. Also recommend his other cds which gave been investigating as nevercheard of him before. The river cam track which he wrote for the cellist lloyd webber is just bliss. I am an avid fan of his now for his choral work too.throughly recommend this cd.
on 8 May 2014
As i have become accustomed to with regard to the works of Whitacre, sublime..sublimely beautiful...
Though i love the whole album, The River Cam is simply wonderful... Shades of Elgar and Vaughan Williams... Cannot praise the track enough..
A bargain purchase...
on 20 May 2014
This is superb music, beautifully performed. I find Eric's music almost intoxicating; the wonderful harmonies sink into my inner being and transport me to a heavenly place. I downloaded the cd last week and can't stop listening to it. I couldn't recommend it more highly.
on 7 January 2015
got this for Mrs G when she was expecting our little daughter - Seal Lullaby is a clear stand out track but the whole album will forever be the sound track to our early steps in to parenthood, haunting, soothing and beautiful. Check out Morten Lauridsen too.
on 11 November 2014
Love it! Played it to my baby while she was in the womb and she seem to love it too!
My favourite piece is definitely 'Equus' (track 2). It has everything I could ever want in a piece of music and always leaves me smiling.
on 13 December 2015
This appealed a lot after seeing on the summer Promenade concerts at the Albert Hall on the BBC. Having the idea behind the composition 'equous' explained gave added depth to the music.
on 1 October 2015
Disappointing. The "Equus" piece which was my reason for ordering the disc is without chorus. The recent Proms performance was with chorus and had greater impact.
on 22 April 2012
I am not sure why I bought this cd but it is very different from what I would ordinarily listen to but nevertheless, very lovely - especially when you have troubles !
on 23 August 2015
Saw Mr. Whitacre on the Proms and purchesed this great album. Beautiful music. Dreamy at times - then mystical - often surprisingly fresh. Wonderful.
on 16 August 2015
Creative complex charismatic. Saw Eric for the first time at the 2015 proms and was blown away. This is a great introduction. Try Equus...