Colour: Golden Black|Change

on 31 October 2012
I bought this after spotting it in a YouTube make up video. I'm was an optimistic so I was trying every application method possible until I found a winner. I've tried brushes, fingers, sponges, stipplers, roll on's, spray on foundation, you name it. Move over all other applications, this brush is now my #1 and I have given up the search because you cannot get any better that this! Not only is this brush quite cheap compared to some brushes I have what have cost me double, triple and dare I say four times the price of this brush (I thought paying out more money, I would get better quality but I've learnt its not the case), but it gives an amazing flawless finish! I only need a small blob of foundation and this brush manages to dispense it evenly on my face, unlike sponges what suck most of the foundation up therefore I need to use more product. Stipplers I find can sometimes give streaky finishes and bristles can clump together, fingers although they are a good method I can find messy and unhygienic. Foundation brushes I find can streak also or the bristles are too firm. This brush is perfect, really soft, easy to use, you can work it any which way (I find small circles are perfect!) its domed end fits in any areas like around the nose without being harsh. It's easy to wash, spreads foundation evenly and you can even stand this little gem on its end on your dressing table (etc.) so its easy to identify and grab. AMAZING BRUSH!!!
11 comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2012
I am gradually buying all of the Real Techniques brushes, this one is absolutely amazing, it applies any of my foundations to a flawless finish, its so soft and washes well. For the price you really are buying something worth a lot more in my eyes!
on 24 December 2015
I, as with a few other reviewers, also believe the item I received to not be genuine. I have a lot of real techniques brushes and this just doesn't feel right. The barrel is lighter and feels less well made. Will be more sceptical of buying online in future.
on 3 October 2012
This brush deserves the hype it gets. I don't wear foundation often and usually apply it with a damp sponge. This brush is the best way to get a lovely natural finish.
on 8 December 2015
Dont think it was a genuine brush as fell apart after a few weeks!
on 11 May 2016
Amazon yet again have delivered, I received these on the same day as I ordered, delivery was by prime and as always very efficient.

To the product:-
Reason for purchase - As a guy late to the party, I've entered a new world of wearing makeup to go out if i've had a hard week in the office. Rather than using my fingers to apply makeup the time has come to buy some brushes.

The product comes in a retail box, meaning it would be ideal as a gift. It comes in a hassle free packaging.

I bought the following:-
1 x Real Techniques Concealer Brush
1 x Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
1 x Real Techniques Powder Brush

When I went to the YSL shop, instead of paying £40 per brush I was advised that these Real Techniques brushes were as good as the YSL ones. Big praise for these 'cheap' brushes. As I had no bushes I was advised to buy the above as my 'core' set.

The brushes feel and look great. The metal banding across the middle screams quality. The bristles are fine but strong.

I'm not an expert at these things but having tried a friends and then the ones at YSL these are really up there with the best. My friends cheap ones smudged the foundation onto my face and the concealer brush left lines. These brushes however were faultless. Even for a someone with no experience with these things, I made it look easy!

To all the haters out there who are screaming that the product is fake. Please check who is selling the product. The main seller is Amazon themselves. If you buy from another seller then I'd agree that they could be fakes however could you imagine what negative press would come from Amazon direct selling counterfeit products? I think Real Techniques would be instantly on the phone to trading standards and proceeding with their legal teams!

All in all a great product.

* If you have any questions then click my profile and drop me an Message and I will be happy to help you. [...]
VINE VOICEon 4 May 2015
The Real Techniques brushes, are very good quality, and this particular brush is brilliant.

This brush is excellent for applying foundation and layers really well. Once applied you get an immaculate finish. Not only is this brush quite inexpensive compared to some of its competitors. You could have bought one for double, triple and if not four times the price of this brush and still be found wanting. This brush is so soft and washes well and hence easy to maintain. I bought this during an Amazon sale and for the price you really are buying something is great value. An amazing brush is the best way to get a lovely pristine finish.
on 7 March 2016
This product is fake. I have many real technique brushes and I can assure you that this one is fake. From scratched writing to totally different colouration, it is a practical dupe however, like many other reviews have said, I am nervously waiting for it to fall apart. Don't waste your money, go to boots/super drug and just buy the real thing cost the same anyway. You can see in my photos the difference between a real and a fake one and where the product was scuffed. Very disappointed.
review image review image
on 23 January 2016
Bought this product in October and I was happy with it until a huge clump of the bristles came loose and started falling out which has made the other bristles start coming out too
on 5 February 2016
Thought this item was good value for money, used for the first time today and half the hairs have come out already makes me question if the brush is genuine as if never had this happen before
review image