on 23 July 2012
This is such a brilliant edition of the Sims game series, reason being that it hasn't been horribly warped to be different from the original computer version. In fact, it's pretty much the same as it is on the computer, which is brilliant! It's a big improvement on the Sims 2 game that was previously released on Playstation 2, where the gameplay was third-person walking around in little flats with no roof at all. Now with Sims 3 on the Playstation 3, you can play Sims as it was intended- your created sims can wander freely whilst you manage their life, and you can build extra floors and roofs! You can be sucked in for hours on this game, it's incredibly addictive. I can see why it's been made platinum!
on 5 October 2015
For me, The Sims 3 was a lot of fun and addictive as it focuses on time management, finances, responsibilities, careers, social relationships and free time. I spent many hours creating a young adult character, finding a job and building a career as a Master Chef, learning hobbies, going to school, climbing the social ladder, etc. As I progressed and earned more money I started buying all available properties until I owned all of them. After that, for me, my career slowly became repetitious, which led to boredom. So I quit my job and lived on the rents I collected from my properties which gave me all the time in the game to do as I pleased but, sadly, this also became repetitious. So I’m not seeing much replay value after completing my goals (about 100 hours playing time). There’s just nothing new to spice things up. Maybe in future editions developers could include travel to other countries or states for vacations or business? Maybe they could also balance out the in game time scale to be more equal to a real life time scale?

I do have 2 gripes:
1) The game is advertised as the ‘Platinum Edition’ but I received a ‘non Platinum Edition’. As I can see I’m not the only customer that had this problem. My question is why hasn’t it been addressed? It's false advertisement...

2) The pixelated sensor on the ''cartoon characters'' naked body (using toilet, bath/shower) - seriously? I thought that's what an 'M' or '18' rating was for. How old does one have to be before a group of arbitrary individuals stop telling them what they’re allowed to see or not see? Thank god there's no pixelated sensors during gameplay when I'm busy killing, murdering, stabbing, shooting, severing heads, blowing bodies apart squirting blood everywhere. I think it's time some of us grew up.

Oct 18, 2015
I have to change my view on the games limitations. I've been playing again for about the last 8 days. I created a second save file and character then tried a different career - this time a Professional Sports Career. I also found a partner and got married which opened other possibilities such as being in control of two sims at once - my character and my wife. This took skill and good planning trying to keep both sims occupied and happy. What a challenge! So in essence, the game isn't as limited as I originally thought. I may even start and save a third game and try a different career.
on 21 May 2014
i ordered the platinum edition but unfortunately it was just the normal sims 3 i recieved however the price was very good and it was delivered very fast.
on 25 March 2015
Bought this as a gift for my granddaughter, payed extra for the platinum version but received ordinary version. I had read other reviews which have said the same. My granddaughter loves the game, but I don't recommend using Electronic Arts if you don't get what you pay for.
on 19 December 2014
Platinum Simms ordered but recieved normal one. If I'd have ordered normal Simms it would of been cheaper, but unfortunately as its a present I haven't enough time to exchange.
on 23 June 2014
I bought this for my ps3 thinking i could play however i want like the PC version
Although it's fun, the constant alerts to do things for my Sims build up around the side of the screen and i couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of them
Also using the ps3 controller to navigate around was a pain
I'll be sticking to the PC versions from now on!
on 28 October 2015
The Sims is totally addictive! I love this game however it isn't a two player and that is disappointing. Shame it wasn't the platinum edition as advertised.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 July 2013
I love the Sims, it's a game you can either dip into for a short while now and again, or find you've lost hours, days even, building the perfect home, getting your sim to move up in their job, or just being an evil tyrant and finding creative ways to kill your sims off. I've done it all in previous versions of the sims, and loved it. Unfortunately my computer was not up to the latest version of the sims when it came out, and I was doing most of my gaming on the PS3, so I got the PS3 version.

Thrilled as I was to be playing the Sims again, I found it a little awkward to control on the PS3 compared to the previous PC versions. The game also felt a little bit cut down compared to the scope of the PC games I was used to. Needless to say I did persevere with the controls and eventually became able to build ridiculous houses just like before. I actually got through three generations of the same family and various house moves before gaining the platinum trophy and deciding the time had come to kill them all off (I'm evil, I can't help it!) I intended to go back and make a new family but I never did and the game sat collecting dust for quite some time.

However I got a new PC earlier this year and I recently downloaded the PC version of the Sims 3 from steam. After only a few hours play I have already noticed how much better this game is suited to PC over consoles. The controls are smoother, it looks better (only a little better mind, the console version looks just fine) and there is more content. If you are able to play on PC, I would recommend that over the console version, but if not, and you would like to play the sims, the console versions are adequate, and a lot of fun can be had, it's just not quite as good an experience for me. I've now given away my PS3 version as for me it is better on the PC. This is not a "fangirl" talking, I love my consoles, I just think the sims is better suited to the PC. Thanks for reading!
on 5 December 2013
Quick delivery , bought as present for daughter. Shes very pleased with it , If you like the Simms you ll like this game
on 25 December 2014
I orderd this game as an xmas present expecting it to be the platinum edition but its only come as standard

See one answered question