5.0 out of 5 stars Massive improvement!!
Published 24 months ago by EddieGLd

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery
i ordered the platinum edition but unfortunately it was just the normal sims 3 i recieved however the price was very good and it was delivered very fast.
Published 2 months ago by Nikki Witham

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive improvement!!, 23 July 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
This is such a brilliant edition of the Sims game series, reason being that it hasn't been horribly warped to be different from the original computer version. In fact, it's pretty much the same as it is on the computer, which is brilliant! It's a big improvement on the Sims 2 game that was previously released on Playstation 2, where the gameplay was third-person walking around in little flats with no roof at all. Now with Sims 3 on the Playstation 3, you can play Sims as it was intended- your created sims can wander freely whilst you manage their life, and you can build extra floors and roofs! You can be sucked in for hours on this game, it's incredibly addictive. I can see why it's been made platinum!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, 21 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but it's better on PC, 22 July 2013
Miss AL Holloway (Oswestry) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
I love the Sims, it's a game you can either dip into for a short while now and again, or find you've lost hours, days even, building the perfect home, getting your sim to move up in their job, or just being an evil tyrant and finding creative ways to kill your sims off. I've done it all in previous versions of the sims, and loved it. Unfortunately my computer was not up to the latest version of the sims when it came out, and I was doing most of my gaming on the PS3, so I got the PS3 version.

Thrilled as I was to be playing the Sims again, I found it a little awkward to control on the PS3 compared to the previous PC versions. The game also felt a little bit cut down compared to the scope of the PC games I was used to. Needless to say I did persevere with the controls and eventually became able to build ridiculous houses just like before. I actually got through three generations of the same family and various house moves before gaining the platinum trophy and deciding the time had come to kill them all off (I'm evil, I can't help it!) I intended to go back and make a new family but I never did and the game sat collecting dust for quite some time.

However I got a new PC earlier this year and I recently downloaded the PC version of the Sims 3 from steam. After only a few hours play I have already noticed how much better this game is suited to PC over consoles. The controls are smoother, it looks better (only a little better mind, the console version looks just fine) and there is more content. If you are able to play on PC, I would recommend that over the console version, but if not, and you would like to play the sims, the console versions are adequate, and a lot of fun can be had, it's just not quite as good an experience for me. I've now given away my PS3 version as for me it is better on the PC. This is not a "fangirl" talking, I love my consoles, I just think the sims is better suited to the PC. Thanks for reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit glitchy but fun, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this for my ps3 thinking i could play however i want like the PC version
Although it's fun, the constant alerts to do things for my Sims build up around the side of the screen and i couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of them
Also using the ps3 controller to navigate around was a pain
I'll be sticking to the PC versions from now on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Quick delivery , bought as present for daughter. Shes very pleased with it , If you like the Simms you ll like this game

5.0 out of 5 stars Im hooked, 30 Jun 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Having never owned the pc version I was a little unsure at first. However once I got used to the controls I found this game to addaciting and I've had hours of fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble with Sims, 6 Jan 2013
J. Mills "Nuke Trooper" (Plymouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
They say never go back. I got hooked on The Sims when it first came out. I saw this and thought, why not? Well, whether it was due to the format change (PS3 not PC) or some other factor, I played it for a few hours then put it down, never to pick it up. Something just wasnt there. The same with the re-release of Goldeneye on the PS3. It should have been good but wasnt. If youve stuck with The Sims youll probably enjoy this. If you are new to the genre or returning, you probably wont.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great company but item lost in post!, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Never got to play game as item was lost in post, sellers were great about it though. Would defo use again just with caution and hope it arrives next time.

The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3)
The Sims 3 - Platinum Edition (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
17.44