Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 July 2012
'Mirage,' 'Don't Judge Me' and 'Bassline' are definitely the stand out tracks. All very memorable!

Some of the latter ones, particularly those featuring Se7en, are a bit lacking for me.

I'm not one to criticize him for the diversity aspect, i.e. dance/pop/house tracks, because I actually like these, but 'Turn Up The Music' does have a piercing air of being VERY generic, as opposed to 'Don't Wake Me Up,' even though the chorus voice distortion takes away from this song.

It's definitely better than F.A.M.E. (which isn't saying much, because THAT album was all over the place--pop music, hip-hop, very abstract and few R&B tracks), but something is lacking for me and I've listened to this several times. Perhaps its the element of 'evolution.' The album is definitely a grower, for me. Should my opinion change, I'll edit my feedback.

I am a Chris Brown fan, but I haven't been 'Team Breezy' since my teenage years. I guess you could call me a 'stan' back then. Regardless, this is an honest review.
on 14 January 2013
This album has nothing on F.A.M.E. which was such an amazing comeback album, that it would have been something incredible if Fortune had stunned more than that one.

Anyway, upon listening to Fortune, there's certainly an element of Chris Brown just 'Playing it safe' and sticking to what he does best. I wouldn't say there are many risks in this album, certainly not as varied as F.A.M.E was, but even still its a very respectable album! As usual, its another well balanced album that flows well. You've got your brilliant up-beat songs like the opener 'Turn up the music' and also the smash hit that is 'Don't Wake me Up' but then he also slows it down with some pretty impressive songs such as 'Don't Judge Me' and 'Four Years Old' (Two of my personal favorites).

I wouldn't say I was disappointed with any of the main CD, but the deluxe version, which comes with a second CD isn't all that. I think if you're planning on buying the deluxe version, you should give them a listen to first, because its not got the 'WOW' factor that the main CD had, so save disappointment and listen to them first!

That said, the deluxe CD does have some pretty good songs on, but then some pretty drab ones too. I wasn't overly impressed with 'Touch Me' or 'Tell somebody' but the others were pretty decent, especially the closing track 'Do It Again'!

Fortune is definitely worth the money and you won't regret it, however the deluxe version might not be to everyones taste, even hardcore CB fans like myself.

Oh, and if you haven't got F.A.M.E yet, what are you playing at!? ;) #TeamBreezy
on 28 July 2013
I really excellent body of work. Very impressive and diverse in genres. Go get it you won't regret it. Music in 2013 at it's best and a welcome break from much of the radios transcient rubbish... it will still hold it's own in 20years plus.
on 18 September 2014
A couple of songs i'm not too struck on (but you always get some songs regardless of who's album it is) but the majority of the songs have really catchy tunes you just want to play again and again, really heart felt, love it X
on 10 July 2012
I thought his last two albums were good, but not great. This album has to be his best yet, better than Exclusive the Forever Edition.

This album has several good songs, unlike his last two albums, like Exclusive, there are a lot of great tracks that you can listen too. I'm a fan of his music, but I'm not crazy and try hard to like his songs. But this album, nearly every song is listenable, add to that, it is something different compared to the music that's out now. It is quite refreshing the album, when I went through the whole album, I was trying to find a bad song, but I couldn't find one that really stood out. When I first went through the songs, the start of them you thought "oh this isn't going to be good one", but ten seconds in, and they'll pick up and be great.

My personal favourites from the album are:

Turn Up the Music - overplayed by the radios and music channels when it was released.
Bassline
Till I Die
Mirage
Strip
Party Hard/Cadillac - this song is my personal favourite, the party hard part of the song is great, but the Cadillac part near the end kind of ruins the song.
Don't Wake Me Up.
Trumpet Lights
Wait For You

The majority of the songs are good, the others listenable, but those 9 are my favourites from the album.

Like I said, the album is somewhat refreshing, has a few tracks that are different from the current music that's out now, modern style songs, nice and slow ones too.

He's clearly talented and works with the right people. An album for everyone.

My favourite album out of the five.
on 25 March 2016
Party hard, stuck on stupid, don't judge me, 4 years old, turn up the music, don't wake me up all great songs
on 25 July 2012
I must begin this review by prefacing that I do like Rihanna's music and count "We Found Love", "Talk That Talk", "Drunk On Love",and "Roc Me Out" among some of my favorite songs from her "Talk That Talk" cd. Additionally, I do not condone domestic violence regardless of who starts the fight first. With that said, I admit listening to "Fortune" with the belief that many people deserve second chances. Too many everyday people and celebrities frequently give up in life after making mistakes and thinking that their lives are now over. In fact, it is often the opposite and a mistake is only a stepping stone to greater opportunities and pulling oneself back up.
Musical elements of dance, hip hop, and pop are crafted on this cd with party tracks such as "Bassline", "Party Hard", "Free Run" and "Turn Up the Music". "Fortune" by Chris Brown is best for those who have heard and liked Chris Brown's "Beautiful People" and/or hip hop and dance music hybrids. This is mainly because many of the songs on "Fortune" are fashioned from the related theme of "Beautiful People."
on 4 July 2012
A lot of these people reviewing online, are tone deaf and clueless about good music. These are not critics, they have been against Breezy from day 1. Its utterly impossible for most of them to see pass the bias they've constantly nurtured for over 4 years now. A critic should have some background or knowledge about the subject he/ she is in fact criticizing. A critic should at least be able to honestly assess an art free of bias and hidden motives. Chris Brown's latest album is nothing short of 5 STARS as it combines a catchy as well as reflective mix of Pop, Rnb, Rock and Soul sounds. His versatility in music as well as his artistry (dancing/ writing skills) is unparalleled in the industry in any part of the world. I would not take a lot of these media outlets seriously as they have been wrong on many occasions. This album already has 2 1# singles in fact in the UK & has debuted again at 1# album chart in the US, now tell me how this is a flop or a miss?!. As it stands these reviews are polar therefore I'd advice you to listen to it yourself and make up your own mind instead of giving those attention seeking, lonely boys behind the computer some attention.
on 11 November 2014
Good value and pleased from start to finish of transaction.
on 3 January 2015
Great price for a great album!!! Delivered on time