on 2 June 2013
Lets set the stage. First we have Zeke Brawer, President Lords of Mayhem, Bowie, Vice-President, Rhys, Zeke's son and a full patch member, Max another son and a full patch member, Ginny, Zeke's wife of twenty years and Garrett the thirteen year old in waiting. Now here's the kicker, Zeke is not only the President of the Lords of Mayhem M.C. he's also a cop. A cop with different thoughts as to what is the right thing to do and what isn't. Sometimes the law needs to be ignored to fulfill Cub Justice.

Zeke might rule the Lords but Ginny is the matriarch of the family and the club. She takes care of everybody. The club and her family come before all else. When a cop with an attitude defiles her, the club gathers like a pack of wolfs protecting their own. Societies laws don't bind this club. They have their own. They will do whatever it takes even if it means eliminating the guilty.

Mara has given us a story that will keep you turning the pages and feeling the pain and frustration as you follow Zeke, Ginny, and the Lords of Mayhem as they deal with murder, rape and infidelity. They trust nobody but their own.

We're thinking if this girl keeps writing, she could become the Nora Roberts of Motorcycle Fiction.

Look for her second book "Club Ties." You won't be disappointed
on 7 July 2013
This is by far the best book I have read for a long while and I've read a lot. This plot has a juicy story line that leaves many in the shade. Wow could not leave it it was just too good. Can't wait for the next instalment.
on 7 January 2014
It's been a while since I picked up a book that pulled me in and made my heart race with the suspense.
This is the opening book that introduces us to the MC Lords of Mayhem. They are a band of brothers who came together after serving in Kuwait and they left the marines.
The characters are strong, we learn names and characters who's books will hopefully follow. Book one is Zeke and Ginny who have been married for 20 years, have three sons. He is not only pres of the Lord's but a police detective too.
Trouble comes Trinity Falls and attempts to cause rifts in families and brotherhood. Insidious whispers, jealousy, greed and violence without any warnings.
Read it, it is so worth it!
on 23 August 2013
Mara McBain has written a gritty book here. She weaves around secrets building up suspense. For me it was a book that you can't put down because you need to know what happens next.
The book is about Ginny and Zeke, their lives, their sons and the MC that Zeke, a police officer, is president of. ( I wasn't sure if this would ever be the case in real life) Zeke has an enemy, and Internal Affairs police officer, Kramer, who is jealous of Zeke and does everything he can to discredit him.
There are some very uncomfortable scenes in this book which may upset some readers. For adults.
on 19 June 2013
I must say this was a brilliant read and I would recommend it to anyone the word family doesn't ways have to mean blood but in this case family has a lot to do with the choices they made in their life's and I have to admire that in the family
I rated this 5 stars cause it is
on 14 February 2014
Omg, I wish my biker hubby had a circle of friends like the guys in this book. It was such a well written storyline that I couldn't put it down, totally awesome, will recommend to all mt friends, wish there were more than 3 stories in the series
on 17 November 2013
This is the first book I have read by Mara and I am looking forward to reading the next one. Brilliant characters. The ending was a surprise. Can't wait to read more.
on 16 May 2013
A story that draws you in the instant you start reading great story with great characters can't wait for more in the series x