5.0 out of 5 stars Sony have done it again!
A brilliant little DVD Player that does its job very well. The picture shown on my Sony HD TV is clear and sharp even from standard DVDs and the unit is unobtrusive. Very good value! Word of caution - no Scart socket, only MDMI connection available. No HDMI lead supplied.
Published 19 months ago by John T Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
I got this DVD player for my bedroom and I would describe it as you get what you pay for.
There is nothing wrong with the player at all, it is neat, compact and looks nice, playback is fine (although I do not think it does a very good job of upscaling to HD, its "just ok") and it has a compact little remote.
Obviously it is at the cheaper end of the DVD player...
Published 6 months ago by Books & Crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony have done it again!, 27 Aug 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Job!, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
I wanted an easy-use,high quality DVD player to link with my Sony Bravia bedroom TV.This model is superb.My only criticism is the relatively short mains cable fitted.The memory function is especially useful as some of my DVDs are long and I don't have time to view them at one sitting.There are plenty of other features to explore in due time. Being very non-tech I took advice off other Amazon reviews and also bought an Amazon Basics HDMI link cable. No regrets there either. I suspect if I bought the Sony locally I'd have been sold a more expensive cable in my ignorance of the subject.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
Obviously it is at the cheaper end of the DVD player scale and so for the money, it is good and reliable, however I would not use it as my main DVD player and think it is only good enough for a bedroom or kitchen for when you want to watch your "rainy day" films as you are busying on.

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
Great present for my old aunt I think she will manage the settings its very easy to use a great product at a brilliant price

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed..., 7 July 2012
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
If I was just purchasing this as a DVD player, then it would be a 5 star review. If you buy this for its USB video play back you will be very disappointed. The overview for this product initially says "Free your digital movies and music: Dive into your movie and music libraries and enjoy old favourites on the big screen and surround sound with a USB connection. Plug in your laptop or transfer to a memory stick for fast access to your film library.". Unfortunately when you dig into the manual you will see this is limited to "Video: MPEG-1 (Cyber-shot data)/MPEG-4 (simple profile)/Xvid" and "720 (width) 576 (height)".

Non of my existing files will play ( including Xvid), so I would need to re-encode all my files to an inferior standard/lower bitrate. Hardly freeing my digital library...

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
Does exactly as it supposed to. Nice image and sound quality. Very light weight, a bit noisy when it loads or seeks and not very fast but for this price that's acceptable. There is no LED indicator so you can't see even if it's on or off. It doesn't bother me much though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVPSR760 DVD Upgrade Player (New for 2012), 12 July 2012
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
Good neat little DVD player, quiet in operation, decent sound quality, and with the added bonus of a USB port conveniently located at the front which is ideal for viewing photos located on a memory stick on the tv screen. This dvd player connects via HDMI cable (not supplied). It does NOT have a scart outlet, so do not buy if you wish to connect via scart!

5.0 out of 5 stars sony DVPSR 760 DVD, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
Yes - very good thanks. It arrived on time and does everything it is meant to do. We are pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
I'm very happy with this easy to install and compact machine. It works extremely well with my Sony Bravia TV and has excellent picture quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars good kit, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760 Upscaling DVD Player (Electronics)
this is a good bit of kit needs a bit of time to set it up as it dosent work on a skart lead needs a high definition cable but works well when set up good quality picture...even on old dvds

ARRAY(0xa6f669b4)