on 9 February 2013
It is a good homecinema, in spite of I think it doesn't manage really well the sound sometimes. Things like music plugged into the usb, videoclips, singstar, etc, it doesn't really let you enhance or improve the sound presets.
The 360 effect is not really good either, things like helicopters doesn't sound like you have it passing over you. I expected a bit more from a Sony Home Cinema system.
on 30 December 2012
Bought this as a present for someone and three things the description didn't get across:
Product doesn't come with HDMI cable which is useful for getting better quality so we had to go out and buy one
You need a Sony TV to get the best from the set (we have panasonic so it's currently only useful with DVDs/Bluray)
The speakers aren't wireless despite the "no more wires claim" this is only in reference to the internet

Sadly I didn't pick up on the internet part either and need to find a wifi adapter to be able to connect as the router is too far away.

The sound quality however is good once it's all set up and I hope we will get a lot of use out of it. They just needed to put more instructions as to what it comes with...
on 28 February 2013
The player picture quality is excellent though you have to wait for the system (like most) to wind up before anything can be done. The sound is only average and as with previous system, voices seem very low compared to loud special effects, which are better.
on 13 January 2013
Although the quality of the Blu Ray player is ok. If you are looking for a good surround sound system this is not a good choice. The build quality of the speakers is very poor flimsy plastic giving a tinny boxed in sound which was less clear than the internal speaker of my flat screen TV.

It was so bad that I replaced the centre speaker with a Cambridge Audio speaker which gave a very much improved performance, the sound was now clear and you could hear every word, which was not the case with the Speaker supplied by Sony.
on 29 January 2013
Brought this in lighting deal but not dissapointed it at the lower end of range but still does great job has blu ray, and Ethernet. Simple set up. If looking for basic but good unintrusive system I recommend this.
on 13 November 2014
Perfect.
on 21 January 2013
When the sales list said there would be no wires if you purchased USB network adapter, I thought this meant the speaker wires -not so. In fairness my money was refunded for both
on 27 January 2013
I bought this home cinema system first of all because it was a Sony I could not go wrong. In fact, I was wrong!

1) The sound quality is poor

2)The wording on the product info suggests you would need no cables because it is Wifi enabled. Incidentally, this is one of the reasons I bought this system, to avoid cables hanging about. In actual fact, every speaker is connected by cables which are not of adequate length.
I was very annoyed when I opened the box to find cables! The only thing Wifi about this is the DVD which can connect to the internet!
I am not a tech expert, but the way this info is presented by Sony is definitely misleading.
I ended up buying a USB adaptor, thinking this would allow me to connect everything up. I am now returning it to the seller because the DVD would not recognize a non sony USB wireless adapter.

3)What is the point of not including an HDMI cable? So you buy the unit and cannot use it because you need to buy yet another cable to connect the thing up!
And that is not all, if you were contemplating on connecting your set top box, you will need yet another cable!! This one is called an "Optical cable".

4) Poor instructions in the quick set up leaflet-Following the instructions, I connected my newly owned optical cable from my set top box to the home cinema system. This was fine when watching programs from the set top box, but when I switched to Lovefilm or youtube channels from the TV, I now had the sound from the set top box only, and images from the TV (Sony by the way).
I had to go to a local electronics shop and a kind man there told me I needed to connect the optical cable from the TV to the Home cinema system.

5) The speakers are of poor quality plastics.

6) Speaker cables too short. I had to nip to a local electronics shop and buy additional cable for connection.

I have never been so annoyed when writing a review, but I think Sony might be getting complacent and taking it's customers for a ride.
on 6 March 2013
Most Disappointing Purchase Ever
First of all sound quality is horrible: sound is boxy - low low quality!
Poor build quality too - You can see uncovered cheap board between subwoofers sides and front panel.
My 2 years old LG TV have better codec library than this SONY.
Speaker cable is too short and this is the reason I can't return this SONY junk to install it I had to increase the cable length.