5.0 out of 5 stars This Sound Bar Is Amazing!!
Firstly I will make a point of saying im no surround sound expert, I also purchased this from Curys rather than here as I wanted one straight away. The setting up was very straight forward, the bar comes with 2 HDMI ports, so for just having my TV and PS3 I connected it up in the folowing way:

Soundbar has an IN & OUT HDMI ports, so the PS3 goes in and the TV...
Published on 24 Nov 2012 by Paul Paget

3.0 out of 5 stars What TV Speakers should be like
At the time of me buying the HW-E350 is a new model soundbar from Samsung. Not to be confused with the HT-E350 or HW-D350 which are both completely different things.

In the box came:
Remote Control
Sound bar
batteries
3.5mm jack to dual phono cable
2 ferrite cores
small wall bracket (only suitable for flat wall)
small usb...
Published on 4 May 2012 by Lorian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This Sound Bar Is Amazing!!, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Samsung HW-E350 120W 2.1ch Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofer Compatible with 32 inch TV (Old model) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

Soundbar has an IN & OUT HDMI ports, so the PS3 goes in and the TV goes out, if like me and do it the opposite way you just get no sound at all.

I then turned off completely my TV speakers on my LG 36 Inch LCD TV as I just wanted the sound coming totaly from the sound bar itself.
The only other minor adjustment I had to make was on the PS3 settings and make sure it was set up for Dolby 5.1 surround sound, the display on the sound bar is really nice and can be dimmed at night using the remote control, likewise so can the 3D virtual surround sound , this has 3 levels which are OFF, LOW & HIGH, I had it set to HIGH and have so far made no more adjustments to the sub or the audio levels in speakers, I also used my Star Wars Bluray to try it all out as from years ago when I had a full surround set up I remebered how good it sounded with 5 seperate speakers, and with this I was not dissapointed in the slightest,its immersive sound and in a nice size bedroom like mine really does feel like the ships are flying over and around you, so I cant understand other negative reviews on this.

If you want a mid entry sound bar then this I highly reccomend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 Jan 2013
Now I have never writen a review in my life despite buying a lot online, However i alway check reviews of products before I purchase them.
Having read the reviews on this, which are not all good I felt I must!!
I'm no expert, but for the average person this sounds great! I have it connected via hdmi and my Samsung 46" led supports ARC which I think makes the difference. Many reviews are moaning about the fact it doesn't switch on and off with the tv. However I control it from my sky remote and both power off and on together. So it works completely seemless with rest my set up. Sitting under my tv making improving the sound no end!
For the price this is defiantly worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars What TV Speakers should be like, 4 May 2012

In the box came:
Remote Control
Sound bar
batteries
3.5mm jack to dual phono cable
2 ferrite cores
small wall bracket (only suitable for flat wall)
small usb cable

The remote is small but of good quality. it switches my old Samsung TV on and off. More on this later.

The Soundbar is standard Samsung shiny piano black and looks very smart. As it's been designed to go with 32" TVs its a little shorter than many soundbars, being about 750mm wide. It has a flat front and a curved back. it has two speakers each side at the front and a small upward-firing sub on the top.

Connectors:
HDMI In (I have a Sky boxed plugged in to this)
HDMI Out (My TV is plugged in here) This port also supports ARC. My TV is too old to support ARC. It also support anynet+ if your TV does.
Aux in (3.5mm jack) I have the jack to phono connection in here, connected to my DVD player.
USB in to allow you to play music from a usb stick or mp3 device. It must be presented at FAT/FAT32 storage, not NTFS.

The HDMI looping through the sound bar makes for really simple connections BUT they dont supply a HDMI cable to you will need to source one of these.

The soundbar has a small vacuum-led type blue LED display (dimmable) which tells you what input and what sound mode you are in. You can dim it.

The sound controls are reasonably basic, you can change between various programmes like drama, news, music, cinema, which seem to be like a digital equaliser being applied. They do make a difference. You can turn the small sub up and down, but it is small don't expect the neighbours to complain much even if you have it on +6.

As for the sound, it's nice, it does add some depth to the TV and is MILES better than the (frankly awfull) speakers built in to my TV, but this is in now way an ear-splitting cinema sound experience. That's OK becuase actually this is what I wanted.

This unit both looks like, and sounds like the speakers they should build into the TVs by default!

If your TV supports ARC then you can send sound back from it in to the soundbar, then I guess you would have control of the volume from the TV. likewise if your TV supports anynet+. Mine had neither so I mustn't loose the soundbar remote control, but I knew this, My TV is from 2007 :-)

The only real disappointment is the bar has no auto power off/on feature (the D350 does but that has no hdmi but optical connectors and no sub). This helps me take -1 off the score.

Overall I'm reaSONABLY pleased with the device, and would recommend as long as you have a tv with anynet+, but if you are an audiophile and want the full cinema experience then this is not for you. If you just want TV sound that works properly, then it's ok. A sub-£100 price would make it more reasonable value for money.

The manual for this model can be hard to find on-line, it's here:

[...] (as Amazon edited out the link I guess its still hard to find)

Edit: Second annoyance - When the Soundbar is powered off it doesn't pass through anything to the HDMI out, so with the powerbar off there is no picture or sound passed from my sky box to the TV. minded to reduce the reivew to 3*

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking soundbar, 24 Dec 2012
I was in the market for a sound bar and came across this Samsung..
After reading reviews some were negative and some research i decided to purchase..
It's a great looking soundbar as you would expect from Samsung..and it compliments my TV.
The audio sound is not like the cinema, for indoor use it ticks all the right boxes without annoying the neighbours..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 15 Feb 2013
I am very pleased with how this soundbar enhances the sound of my smart led TV. It was really easy to set up with an HDMI cable (not included) and looks great sitting in front of my TV. I'd recommend this to anyone who does not have the space for a full surround sound system!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price.., 9 May 2012
It's sleeker than a lot of other models - and at the the price on Amazon (£155), it's £45 cheaper than the stores.

The sound is certainly a lot better than my TV. The functions are useful and it was easy to set-up. (I used two HDMI cables for the TV and Virgin box and then the phone plug connection for the DVD - NB doesn't come with an HDMI cable).

So at the price, I'm really satisfied and give it four stars out of five.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch LED TV, 25 Jun 2012
Paul (Farncombe, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought the Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch TV and the Samsung HW-E350 as a low end small and up-to-date replacement to a 15 year old Sony TV which wouldn't go wrong. I made the incorrect assumption that new Samsung models would work together. In this case, wrong. The only audio output from the TV is digital (optical), which is not accepted in the soundbar (why not?). The soundbar supports the ARC HDMI mode but the TV doesn't (why not?). So two 2012-released systems from Samsung don't work together (OK, my PS3 links to the TV through the soundbar using HDMI and that's fine, but that's only half of the story). I'm returning the soundbar. Should have stuck with Sony.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only consider this if your TV has rubbish speakers, 8 May 2012
Michael Lloyd (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a Panasonic plasma TV with OK speakers, but they lack bass. So, I thought I would invest £200 in a sound bar to bring out more of the cinema experience.

Well, the Samsung sound bar was not what I was looking for. The most important thing about a sound bar is that it should outperform your TV's own speakers - this lightweight and modest kit completely failed to do that, and so must be counted a complete waste of money. The volume is no more than OK, but even at 100% it can hardly be described as loud. Most disappointingly, the bass is extraordinarily weak considering it has an in-built woofer - this is the critical component missing from TVs and pretty much the only reason to justify buying a sound bar in the first place. It was returned for a full refund.

Of course, some TVs have poor sound in the first place, and so the Samsung could offer some benefit to some people. But for the same money you could buy a better TV rather than adding extra kit to the one you already have. Therefore I cannot see any reason to buy this soundbar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Improve the sound quality of your slim TV, 16 April 2013
I have a Samsung 40" slim LED TV. The sound on it was ok but not that deep. I wanted something to look good and to enhance the sound without loads of speakers and wires trailing about. This sort of does the job. It fits well and I have placed mine in front of the TV. It is just the right height and width so it complements the TV. The sound quality is better than that of the TV but if you need heavy, thumping surround sound, then you may be disappointed. Why I give this 3 stars is that the instructions were not clear. I set it up all wrong at first. By the way this soundbar has HDMI in and HDMI out and an AUX port. There is no optical input so don't go buying an optical cable! It does not come with an HDMI cable though. I have a Blu-ray DVD player; Sky + box and an Apple TV device to connect to the soundbar. This is a problem because there is only one HDMI input on the soundbar. I had to invest in an HDMI switchbox which cost £30 but I think you can get cheaper online, like a junction box for all the HDMI cables from all the devices, in order to get sound out of all the devices through the Soundbar.It now works fine and the HDMI switchbox means that it automatically senses which device is on and gives the sound out. Had my friend not come round and shown me what I needed and how it all got connected up, I would have never managed setting it up and usually I don't have a problem with the techy stuff! Also, this is a criticism of my Samsung TV, that it doesn't support ARC so I can't use the TV remote to control the sound. I would have thought that being made by the same company, they might have thought about this. If anyone knows how to set all this up in a different way (ie. without the use of the HDMI switchbox), I would be interested to know. Anyway, as it stands, I am enjoying the enhanced sound from this soundbar and it looks fine too. In short, it does what it says but is a bit fiddly to get it set up correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 19 Mar 2013
This item was a substitute for my Surround 5.1 Sound System which, my wife did not want me to keep after we moved into a new home (Ground Floor Flat). However, I persuaded her that the speakers on out LG 37" HDTV were not that brilliant and as the room we were going to put it in was quite large, we needed 'something' to 'fatten-up' the sound of our LG, A friend had recommended a Sound-bar as a reasonable alternative/compromise. I did quite a bit of on-line research as well as testing a few in some local retailers... This one was the best! - Although, not as 'fat' as a full surround-sound system; the Samsung HW-E350 120W 2.1ch Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofer Compatible with 32 inch TV (New for 2012), does pack a fair punch and IS a very good alternative. The bass sounds are adequate to good; as are the 'Sound Modes' on offer (Cinema/News/Music/Drama etc..). This system is not as 'filling' as full 5.1 sound but, nevertheless does fill my fairly large room. Overall, I'm rather pleased with this product... I still miss my 5.1 system tho! :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›