5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, powerful, stylish and very quiet: excellent product, 18 Mar 2013
WILSON (Ventenac en Minervois, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ankermann-PC.FX Light., AMD FX-6300 6x 3.50GHz, onBoard Graphic DVI - HDMI - VGA Adapter, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, 500GB Seagate HDD, 4 GB RAM, 24x DVD-RW Writer-, Card Reader, Art.Nr.: 28496, EAN: 4260219656528 (Personal Computers)
I needed to replace a seven-year-old Dell which all-but gave up the ghost. I wanted to buy a replacement Dell, but I live in France and Dell UK has stopped sending equipment to France. I tried to get Dell France to supply an English-language product (eg, with an English operating system) and I wanted Windows 7 rather than 8: Dell France said they could only do this with a very expensive unit. I then tried the same thing with HP (both the UK and HP France), but neither of them would supply what I wanted either - if anything, HP were even less helpful than Dell, which is saying something.

So, I saw this product on Amazon - one of several Ankermann PCs listed - and despite the lack of feedback, I decided to go for it. To say I am delighted with my choice is a massive understatement. Even before the machine arrived I was pleased with the really fast and helpful support that I got from Ankermann. i even got an email from them asking what language I wanted for Windows 7, because they'd noticed I live in France and they wanted to make sure it was properly installed.

I got an email saying it had been sent - from Germany (Dell/HP please note) - and it arrived a couple of days later. Well packaged, with everything needed - although the documentation was a bit thin on the ground. In fact, if I have a minor moan (and it is so minor it is hardly worth worrying about) it is that there was no handbook in English. Ankermann did email me a German version, which is OK, but in any case the set-up was really easy.

Within about an hour of the package arriving - including time spent disconnecting the old one and cleaning the working area - the new computer was up and running. It's neat, stylish and really quiet - the power-pack on my old Dell was always very noisy - and it's very fast.

If I have a regret, it is that I didn't order directly from the Ankermann website, where I could have got an even more powerful computer for the same price, or the same functionality for less. But even that's a minor issue. A bigger regret is that I spent the best part of two days fannying around with Dell and HP, trying to get them to understand my requirements. I'm now just really pleased that these "big boys" were so bloody inefficient and lacking in customer focus - otherwise I would have missed out on Ankermann.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desktop replacement for parents, 13 April 2013
Dr. S. Patel (Cambridge,UK) - See all my reviews
So this was bought to replace my parents old dell PC that was running windows XP and was so slow, I could not take it any more. The machine would only be used for simple things so might be a touch overkill but was cheap enough that it did not matter. This will be used for web browsing and email, storing and basic manipluation of digital photos and skype.

The company that makes them are based on Germany and communication through the whole process was excellent. The machine is shipped by FedEx and arrived on time, if a touch over-packaged. Please note that since I was hoping to simply swap all the basic components from the old machine to this one there are a couple of things to be aware of. Firstly, it is deliveryed with a german power cable, not a problem for us, since we just used the Dell one we had instead. Next this newer motherboard only has one PS2 port (I think that is what they are called). The purple or green port to plug in a mouse or keyboard. This meant I had to go and buy a new USB mouse and so got my folks a nice new USB wireless one!

The machine worked straight out of the box and had been set up so you do not need to go through the windows first set-up. That means you will have to create accounts if you want them, for my folks, not having a login screen suits them better anyway. Another bonus was that the machine did not have a tonne of crap software that I normally spent my time uninstalling when you buy a machine for a big name supplier. I installed all the stuff my parents need (skype, virus protection, open office, adobe, picasa etc) and made a couple of adjustments, like the time which was USA based and the keyboard map which was also USA based. The machine will need to be windows updated to get it current, but nothing to worry about, just takes a while. This one needed 108 important updates the first time around....

The machine is pretty quiet in terms of fan noise, but again not really asked it to do anything too taxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desk top computer., 28 Dec 2013
I have been reviewing new desktops for a while and kept coming back to Ankermann. The value is excellent and the spec. just what I was after. (I don't do fast games) The computer worked straight from the box, was well packed, came quicklt, was as quite as expected and performs well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase, 19 Sep 2013
Martin Kidman (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
I had a DELL which I purchased in 2005 and it was about to crawl over and die so I needed to upgrade before I lost all of my personal files (photos, music). I already had all of the peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.) so I just needed a new station and also wanted Windows 7 (previously had XP). I ordered this on the 21st August and it arrived on the 13th September. Two weeks delivery, not bad.

Computer was very well packaged in the box and all of the CD's and wires came packaged next to the PC in the motherboard box (Although I did panic for a minute as I thought I'd have to install the motherboard!) :) However, this was not the case and the computer was ready to simply plug in. Connected all of my existing equipment to it and everything worked fine.

The only thing that was a little annoying is that I have 2 monitors and I had been using the DVI-I output connection on my old PC's graphics card along with the D-Sub one, however the graphics card on this is DVI-D. I could have bought a new cable, however, I have just ordered a better graphics card with the DVI-I connection on. I should have checked this before hand though I guess....

The spec is very good and much better than my old Dell. I felt this as soon as I started playing music and browsing etc. I was almost out of memory with my old pc (having to use 3 hard drives: 250GB, 150GB and 80GB), however now that I have 2TB I feel like I've been given a lot more breathing space! I had to use an external hard drive to transfer all of my files from the old pc to this one and the external hard drive worked fine also. I "might" upgrade my RAM to 16GB in the future but I do not feel that I have to. It may be psychological, however the music also sounds much better through my speakers too...

On the whole I'm very pleased with the PC and I would certainly recommend it to anyone that wants to update their old PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tower P.C., 1 Sep 2013
I ordered this computer from Ankermann because I needed to replace my nine year old single core P.C. with a multicore CPU item at a fair price ,without Windows 8.and none of the" big names" offered what I wanted
The specification of this PC is nearly what I would have chosen for myself.
It only lacked an IEE 1394 port so I swapped across the Creative sound card and 1394 card from my old PC. and also one of the DVD writers.
It is very fast !! .I only use it for internet and converting video files and this it excels at these being much quicker than my old set.
The mother board has IDE slots in it too so with the correct drivers, your old parts may be added easily .
Top quality parts are incorporated in this set throughout so no worries there.
I highly recommend this firm and its products and service.

Well done Ankermann !! Ian Edge