Top positive review
19 people found this helpful
Excellent for PS4
on 15 January 2016
This arrived though I was disappointed with the packaging, arriving in a standard non padded Amazon envelope card board packaging with the hard drive placed inside with no padding, though there was no apparent damage to the hard drive. I ordered this to upgrade and use for my PS4.
Here's what I did and I'm not particularly a computer techy but have a reasonable amount of knowledge though it's definitely not necessary.
Firstly, you'll need the following:
* Your PS4, with gamepad and microUSB charge cable
* A medium Philips screwdriver
* This hard drive or similar 2.5" drive
* A 1GB or greater USB flash drive (to reinstall the PS4’s system software)
Follow this link to install the PS4 software onto the memory stick.
* Turn off PS4 fully, not into rest mode but off completely and unplug everything
* With the PS4 facing you on a stable surface, slide off shiny part of the console cover to the left
* Once removed, the bottom left corner is the hard drive in a housing.
* Unscrew the one single screw nearest to the bottom left corner of the console.
* Slide out gently, the hard drive housing which is
attached to the hard drive, towards you.
* On the sides of the housing once removed from the console, there are 4 dark grey screws. Unscrew all these and slide the hard drive out of the housing.
* Slide new hard drive into the housing and replace the four screws.
* Slide housing containing new hard drive back into the console slot
* Replace the first screw taken out at the start of this process.
* Replace console cover.
Plug all cables back in and get ready for first switch on.
Ensure USB STICK is in USB PORT having already downloaded the relevant software to it previously by visiting the Sony website.
Also, ensure your ps4 controller is plugged into the console as it won't work wirelessly yet.
Hold the power button on console. You'll hear a first beep then another beep after approx 7 seconds. After this second beep, release the power button.
Your console will switch on into safe mode and guide you through the rest.
This is a great drive with no issues so far and offers excellent value for money. It seems quicker at loading games too and is very quiet indeed.
**IF YOU FOUND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL, PLEASE CLICK ON THE HELPFUL BUTTON. THANK YOU.