5.0 out of 5 stars A great sound !
I wondered about spending this much on ear phones. But in audio it's true, more often than not, you get what you pay for. The sound isolation is excellent, I travel on the tube in London every day, and these block out background noise fantastically. You only need to turn up the volume by one notch, if at all, rather than cranking up loud to drown out the train...
Published 20 months ago by Roymondo

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by atrocious build quality
Published 18 months ago by Andrew Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sound !, 28 April 2013
Roymondo (Harrow, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Etymotic HF3 Stereo Headset with Apple Awareness App, Inline Control, Earbuds - Cobalt Blue (Electronics)

The sound quality is great too, you really do hear things that you don't pick up on cheaper earphones, you can pick out individual instruments in a completely new way. Beats anything else I have listened with in the past.

The only thing to consider is that you have to insert these quite deep into the ear to work, they really are "in" your ear, rather than just sitting on the outer part of the ear canal. There are a wide range of tips supplied you can swap between to find what works for you, I found the standard silicon tips worked best for me, but you need to try them all to find what suits you. The "in ear" approach feels a bit odd to begin with, but I got used to it after a few uses, and ultimately gives a good audio result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome for BB torch 9810 and Iphone5, 1 July 2013
Works with my Blackberry torch 9810
Centre button play pause and answer phone call the other buttons don't do anything
But this is my business phone so I do not exactly require this functionality

For my Iphone 5 all the buttons work as they should
Overall well worth the investment soft silicon leads.

Very comfortable completely isolate all other noise.
Stays in place whilst running without any additional support booms good for the GYM but I would not exactly recommend these for road running on roads without sidewalks extreme isolating quality might pose a health risk as you need to be aware of vehicles coming from behind.
Comfortable whilst wearing a motorcycle helmet.
Not everyone might like the bayonet style in ear but you wont have to crank up the music two other types are included but they are not my favourite types.
I have the old odd ears and standard headphones just fall out of their own accord but these are brilliant being a long term supporter Etymotic my first pair is 6 years old and still as good as the day I bought them the sound gets better with age mind you I am suffering from tinnitus so slightly tone deaf. So cannot comment on bass quality not exactly a audiophile

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by atrocious build quality, 30 Jun 2013
Andrew Goodman "londonboy" (London) - See all my reviews
It's a shame to write such a damning review of what could be a very good product, but I cannot gloss over the fact that these in earphones are so path erotically fragile that they fall apart even under moderate daily use. In all fairness to etymotics, I have returned them about three times, and a new pair has always been sent back no quibbles, but I'm starting to get tired of them lasting about 4 months and then fraying. The soft rubber used in their construction is just not up to the job, and very soon will be completely worn away at the earphone and around the remote, resulting in a loss in sound.

Build quality aside, the sound these things make is really wonderful, not bass heavy, good midrange, a bit like the shure se215 but more refined, and with an iPhone remote, very practical out and about. They also cut out sound really well too leaving you isolated in your own choice of music. So we know they can make a good speaker, but why not build something that will last?

I feel it's worth writing a review about the ownership of the phones, as so many reviews never take into account the most important factor; build quality, and on that front I just cannot recommend them. For 20 quid maybe, but not over 100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Etymotic Stereo Earphones, 24 Aug 2013
It was excellent!!!! The earphones fitted me perfectly and cut out any other noise. The only thing is the end that fits the I-pad is at an angle, whereas I think the piece should be straight (for me anyway) as on other pieces I have tried,

5.0 out of 5 stars best headphones I've ever owned a, 14 Jun 2013
I've owned many headphones and these are far and away the best. Fit perfectly in my ears as well as having amazing sound quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and great noise isolation., 18 Mar 2014
These headphones took a few goes to pick a seal (they come pre-packed with a few different types, I settled on the large triple flange) and get the fit right (the video helps with this). Once I got the hang of it though I was very impressed. The noise isolation is brilliant and the sound is super clear and well balanced.

4.0 out of 5 stars great. but get a good fit, 25 Feb 2014
I've had etymotic before and found that although the sound quality is excellent, it's extremely important to get the right size and fit for the earpieces. However, once you find that sweet spot they knock spots off any other earbuds I've used.

3.0 out of 5 stars Broken, refunded, 13 Dec 2013
Intermittent sound in one ear, so got a refund immediately and the replacement is OK. However given my previous history with this product (connection on one ear failed just after warranty ended) I do think these are of quite a fragile construction.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is already broken, 10 Nov 2013
Already the right side ear plug has a crackle noise, like there might be a loose connection. That is not very satisfying with a product at that price range !!