on 5 November 2012
This book explains the ins and outs and follows through with actual solutions. Best pcos book that i've bought - and i've got a few. Just ordered another for a friend. I don't normally write reviews about anything but i have to with this book as it gives natural solutions which actually work. Wish I had this book 5 years ago. Take my advice and buy one, you won't regret it.
on 13 October 2012
Marilyn Glenville offers great advice to PCOS sufferers. What I enjoyed most about the book is the explanations as to why she suggests various remedies. It is expertly written and I have seen huge improvements from using the techniques Dr Glenville recommends. This is a must buy book for all fellow sufferers.
on 19 March 2014
I never write reviews but I had to for this book. I bought this book last February and I found it very well written and informative. I followed most of the suggestions (herbal supplements, vitamins, acupuncture) and saw an improvement in symptoms quite quickly. Just 3 months after receiving the book I was pregnant and I am now writing this review while nursing my baby boy!
on 6 December 2013
Such a fantatstic source for women with PCOS. I have recently been diagnosed and scoured the internet for advice on how to handle the condition naturally. This is beautifully written and massively informative. Not only does it advise how to change your lifestyle, it explains why in a digestibale format. Can't recommend this enough to sufferers. If you have PCOS, buy it today.!!
on 23 September 2014
This is a book for women to learn how to be healthy in this modern fast pace, quick food, lack of Vit D, lifestyle in the west. Great as gift and great for research into nutrition for women and how to balance out the chemistry for women to function at their optimum and be beautiful inside and outside.
on 10 August 2013
A really fabulous book for anyone who has pcos - even if you're symptoms aren't very strong. The steps are easy to follow which have the potential to change your life. This is the sort of nutritional advice doctors need to be giving to all pcos sufferers.
on 7 April 2016
Hi
A little background I was diagnosed with pcos around five years ago and have been trying to manage the condition for the whole time. Have tried talking to my Dr but felt I wasn't getting anywhere. I purchased this book a couple of years ago and life got in the way and I never read it.

Just a couple of months back I read it and was pleasantly surprised by how much it resonated with me and made me feel positive about steps I can take to manage the condition.

I purchased a month worth of supplements and started taking them about three weeks ago.
Amazingly I have lost five pounds so far and that has not happened for me ever. I am shocked that I have been able to lose so much.

I have tried losing weight using a multitude of diets and needless to say have really struggled to lose more than a couple of pounds.

So far I am really happy with progress will try to update as I continue program and see if I notice other positive differences.

All I can say is money well spent so far on the book and the supplements.
on 3 September 2013
Informative and easy to read with clear guidlines as to WHY you shoudl be doing what your doing rather than just talking about it!
on 10 June 2014
I have only got three quarters of the way through this book but to be honest its the best book I have read on the subject. I particularly like the way it discusses the pro's and cons of conventional treatment so that you can make informed choices about your management programme.

It does go to show that pharmaceuticals aren't the panacea that they are made out to be. While they have their place for many conditions they only manage symptoms and in some cases make problems worse (or cause other problems you weren't banking on!). Lifestyle change is the best way of dealing with this problem, and as my gp said, 'diet and exercise can reduce your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by 70%, there's no pill on the market that does that'.

This book is very empowering and makes good reading. BUT, the onus is on you as the sufferer to take your problem by the balls and make the changes you need to make to reap the benefits, you can't just take a pill and keep up with the bad habits that triggered the problem. I used to love a number of things that make my condition worse (and probably triggered it), but I've just had to get over it and give them up and it's the best decision I've ever made because this condition impacts on every aspect of a woman's identity and it's truly miserable.

Thanks for a great book.
on 9 January 2014
Easy read explaining in detail what is PCOS and you can manage it on a daily basis using supplements and herbs. The section on diet is great too and contains very good tips. I feel much better now and most of my symptoms have improved very quickly. Strongly recommended!