5.0 out of 5 stars One of my top five Disney films ever!
Published on 15 Nov 2003 by MS

3.0 out of 5 stars The fox and the hound
DVD should have been special edition but wasn't as it stated in the product description and image. DVD was ok other than that
Published 9 months ago by Kane

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my top five Disney films ever!, 15 Nov 2003
MS (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I first saw this gem at my grandparent's house when I was about eight, and then several more times till I was 11. The story I find is lovable and gripping, and is just one of the most enjoyable and emotional Disney films of all time. It was made in 1981, only 22 years ago, but the animation still remains lovable to this day, as are the characters. Some scenes are sad and emotional, others are exciting, and some are just hilarious!! I am thinking about buying this now considering I haven't seen it for nearly five years! Though some say it is aimed for kids, I would say this is for anyone of any age. I may be 16 now, but that has not stopped me from enjoying this underrated masterpiece, and I'm sure many people around and above my age will agree with me. This film is has plenty of bright, uplifting scenes perfect for a rainy day. Scarily enough I cannot watch this film without weeping at least once!
You can never be too old to enjoy a Disney film. This is by far one of the best. If you want it, buy it. I know I will!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Disney Film, 24 Feb 2009
Ms. R. J. Williams "bebe2034" (Redditch, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
Disney films have been the best part of childhood. Its always been a magical thing for me and i still get that lovely feeling everytime i watch one. Its about a fox called Tod and a Hound dog named Copper. They become best friends until Copper goes away to be trained as a hunting dog. If you haven't watched it i wont spoil it, but its great. It teachs children the value of friendship. There's great characters like Dinky and Boomer, two birds desperate to get the same caterpillar, and Chief, an old dog who is grumpy and miserable. altogether another classic Disney film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Needed for the collection...disneys fantastic buddy story and also Good to see them releasing them all in excellent quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
bought for 5 year old as part of a set , perfect , in french and english which is what we were after

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney films, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is part of the disney collection I purchased for my son and it works well and arrived early

4.0 out of 5 stars The Kids will love it!, 24 May 2002
By A Customer
A lovely story of a friendship tested and endured, showing kids that people can be friends no matter how differently the world perceives them or how different the paths of their lives are. My son has watched this video again and again over the years, from being a small child to now being a 'cool 10 yearold'. Though it's age prevents modern special effects, this is in no way detracts from the enjoyment of this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 6 Mar 2007
N. Pluck "Nats" (UK) - See all my reviews
Along with Robin Hood, this is my favourite Disney film (and probably has made me love foxes for life! :p). The plot is fantastic - I may have only been 5 when I first saw it but it still keeps me engaged now, 10+ years later.

Unlike Robin Hood, however, it has about four scenes where I cry; forget Bambi, this film has potential to be a true weepy when you're involved in it enough! Start to care about the main characters (Todd and Copper) and it's a never ending spiral.

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
great film a must to see

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a hound dog woo wooooooo, 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
So pleased with this DVD, looks great & such a reasonable price - love amazon x

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but too sad!, 1 July 2014
K. Heubeck "Blind_Ferret" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fox and the Hound [DVD] (DVD)
Classic disney film, but with a bittersweet ending. It's a lovely story about growing up and growing apart but I definitely cried!

The Fox and the Hound [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free]