on 24 April 2012
Having being a life long fan of both the Beach Boys and the Mamas & Papas I was interested to see the lovely trio Wilson Phillips return with an album dedicated to their parents. WOW ! I can certainly hear brilliant music which has been missing from the airwaves for a while. This CD is a breath of fresh air and takes you back to the sixties with an updated sound. 'Dedicated to the One I Love' just sends shivers down your spine on hearing the chorus. Fantastic versions of every song here, including 'God Only Knows' and the superb 'Twelve Thirty'. This should be released as a single. Every track is a pure gem. This is not just an album of cover versions but a fitting tribute to their parent's groups. If you need your spirits uplifted, don't hesitate ... just buy 'Dedicated'. Wilson Phillips have made an album which should bring them back into the spotlight.

Phil Johnson
on 11 April 2012
These three gifted vocalists Wendy and Carnie Wilson and Chynna Phillips have made a moving tribute to their famous songwriting fathers Brian Wilson and John Phillips. Two men with a shared gift for memorable hooks and melodies, but also both plagued by personal demons, drug abuse etc..

Here we get 5 Mamas and Papas songs and 7 from Beach Boys. With a few surprises like "Twelve Thirty" and "Got a Feeling" though mainly staying with the expected and beloved hits like "California Dreamin'", "God Only Knows" and "Good Vibrations".

While the arangements are not outstandingly original or adventurous they are certainly - as expected - both intelligent and effective. Not a wrong note from the highly tight and accomplished backing band, very well produced by Rob Bonfiglio, Carnie's husband. Personally I think the Mamas and Papas songs work best, highlighting what a brilliant songwriter John P. was whereas the Beach Boys song in general looses some of the musical magic in the smooth, elegant AOR arrangements.

But who cares about that when the beautiful and angellike vocal harmonies fill the ether. There they may even surpass the originals, the three vocals weaving in and out of each others in daring and sweet harmonies , reminiscent of CSN in their heydays.

The perfect soundtrack for beautiful sunny summerdays and winternights by the fireplace.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
I have been into Wilson Phillips on and off for 20 years and loved their "California" album. This follow up is fine...but nothing more. The song choices were I thought a bit predictable (California Dreaming, anyone? and ANOTHER version of Monday Monday)so four stars girls, much as I'd love to give you one. More.
on 15 May 2012
Ordered this album as soon as I found out that it has been released. Mind you, I started the first track and I was immediatly having a blast. Playing it over and over again. Wonderful, beautiful and so tender. I've been a fan since the beginning of their career begin '90 and never lost control of the ladies anymore. They are sweeties and can sing so nice. I recommand this album to everyone who loves good and happy music. Chynna, Carnie and Wendy did it again. The music they covered, are not just covers, they sing with their hearts and you can hear that so well.And I love the way they sing Dedicated To The One I Love, my absolute favourite! I hope it will be a big seller. They deserve it!
on 7 August 2012
Beautifully sung songs that their parents would be proud they're singing for them!
Played it over and over yet still not sick of listening :o)
on 23 June 2012
Although every track is great, this album is worth getting for Good Vibrations alone. This track, sung without musical instrumentation, is spellbinding. I wouldn't have thought that the Beach Boys original featuring the angelic voice of Carl Wilson or the Brian Wilson alternative version could be matched. I was wrong. This track should be released as a single and heavily promoted- and deserves to top the charts.
on 1 July 2012
Anything by Wilson Phillips gets a big thumbs up from me. 'Dedicated' is a beautiful album containing covers of songs made famous by The Mamas & The Papas & The Beach Boys. The girls stay true to the original versions while still putting their own stamp on them. A+++++
on 10 May 2013
What can I say - brilliant, timeless classics, beautifully reinterpreted by the one ones who have the birthright to do this - the daughters of Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys and John and Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas.
on 12 December 2013
I enjoyed listening to the albulm, but hadn't realised that it was just covers.

It was still enjoyable, but I prefer some of their earlier albums to this.
on 16 February 2014
I am a great Wilson Phillips fan. I wish they were still going so I could look forward to more.
Great tracks handed down from their parents. Timeless.