on 14 March 2013
I realise this is a fun/ toy item, but for an item over £100 and advertised as "Luxury" and "limited edition", it is seriously lacking.

First off, the "Aluminium" case is actually plastic with a aluminium ring and handle attached. The "limited edition" plaque on the case, is of cheap look and feel and had fallen off the case and was loose in the packaging (which was also damaged, by the way).

Why you need locks on a toy poker set, I don't know, but if they exist, surely they should work! The latches themselves are of such poor quality, they don't even shut together properly. Probably the reason one of them was open as I pulled the case out of the packaging. You can spin the locks with your finger nails, so as I insinuated, pointless!

The flimsy plastic tray within the case was cracked and broken, which is not surprising, with the weight of the contents.

The substantial weight to the whole item is obviously due to the chips themselves. Which have a lovely feel to them, being so weighty, but this is the only plus to the whole set. Although they have this nice heavy feel to them, the chips still look like a cheap plastic token. And the centres are merely a plastic sticker.

VERY disappointing, for a "LUXURY, LIMITED EDITION" poker set! I will be returning for a refund immediately. Safe in the knowledge that I can buy another set of the same quality for a quarter of the price.
on 21 August 2013
The chips are really great, I don't know why some people complain about this, but these chips are truly casino quality since they are exactly the same quality as used in some european casinos. They are not made of clay like Paulsons, which are the ones mainly used in casinos in the United States, but Paulsons are also A LOT more expensive.

In my case there was ONE 25-chip missing. I obviously didn't like that fact but I am not going to make a drama of it. All of the chips come in sealed 25-chip rolls, so I guess it was just a failure during the manufacturing process. I luckily had a similar 25$-chip from a 007 Casino Royale sample set so I added that one in case it is needed at any time.

The chips whole case cost me about 175 € with shipping and everything, so the chips come down to about 0,35 € / chip. Normally they cost 0,29 € without the case, so the price is still ok. Specially if you take into account that it is a limited series of 3000 cases.

The case is indeed really poor and this shouldn't happen, since even cheaper sets like the ones sold by Amigo Poker Range have way better cases. Ok, I guess they had to save some money somewhere, since the chips are much better.

I can confirm that the glue used to fix the outside logo to the case seems to be of minor quality since it had also fallen of from my case, as other people have said.

The cards ARE NOT casino quality and are made of paper, not plastic. They look cool with there silver and gold gilted edges, but it would have been great to make them of plastic.

The dealer button is nice with the 50th Anniversary logo on it.

I gave it 4 stars since my main interest here was in the chips and I don't care too much about the rest. If I did it only would have been 2 or 3 stars.
on 6 December 2012
I've bought lots of poker sets over the years due to running various poker businesses so I know what a good set should consist of. £88 seemed a bargain for a ltd edition Bond set so I didn't hesitate.

Although these chips are ok (good weight but the inserts are simple stickers) the set I received had to be returned.

The logo which should be attached to the lid of the case was missing - there was just a blob of glue instead. I couldn't find the logo anywhere in the packaging.

Also, the plastic tray that the chips set in was smashed/cracked, so all the chips (although wrapped in their columns) had shifted to one end of the box. Basically, they didn't sit true in the tray and never would.

As both a poker and Bond fan I was realy disappointed so returned for a refund. If you buy another one I'm sure it would be fine, but I think the price I paid was about right. I wouldn't pay more than that for this set, even in expected condition.
on 2 June 2015
so the limited deluxe edition... so limited the limited badge on the front does not actually stick to the case, the chip holders inside are cracked/squashed/broken. so much for limited and deluxe unless limited and deluxe together make it a total opposite description i.e. crap then don't waste your money. I love James Bond stuff but this is very very inadequate to have their name on I have had two sets from amazon hoping the first was just a one off but the second was the same. now ordered the nuts poker league set hope that is much better and it is also a lot cheaper
on 21 December 2012
Hei. Chips are very nice but the box was broken inside - box is very cheap plastic and the inside is even worse - no luxury there, that was dissapointment. Since chips weight 7kg than box broke inside during the transportation - I can still use it, I repaired it a little, but please change the box, make it more worthy of luxury name. Priit Mae
on 6 January 2014
I gave this to my son as a Christmas present and he was delighted with it. Unfortunately, when he lifted out the chips, the inner lining of the box had been torn by the movement of the chips in transit. It is a pity they had not been packed more securely so that no movement was possible.
on 11 December 2014
Was not the same item as pictured. The liner in the case was damaged, however the chips are excellent but not the ones pictured. Sadly I wanted this for the chips and box in the pictures, needless to say I'm disappointed.
on 21 July 2014
Chips are great and the cards good. Case inside was damaged on arrival.
on 8 July 2013
This item is not the one shown in the picture! While I can say that the set you actually recieve is good, it is nothing like the one shown in the picture. I have contacted Amazon about this and been told I would receive an email back from them within 2 working days to tell me what they are going to do to put this right. That was 12 days and 3 further emails ago....not good enough Amazon.
on 28 December 2015
I should have read the reviews before purchasing

See one answered question