5.0 out of 5 stars Return of the King
I can't think why anyone would want to read a review of this film if they have already seen and loved 'Don: the chase begins again'!
Published on 15 May 2012 by Misty45

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one
Published 2 months ago by K. G. A. Alavi

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, 24 Jun 2014
K. G. A. Alavi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don 2 (DVD)
I had high hopes for this film. Especially as I did think the first one was very good. It probably not fair to compare the tow but it is the nature of the beast. In fairness there was a lot more money spent on this film then the first. The first 20 minutes of this film was brilliant. I think this is one of those films that would have benefited from being shorter. I think they knew they had 2 1/2 + hours to fill so they over complicated the plot. On the plus side they did cut down the number of songs and dances to one of each because I think that did suited the film.

I think this whole film could be summed up in line from Shah Rukh Khan which translates to "by the time Don's enemies have made their first move Don is already preparing his last move". The whole film follows this principle everyone is trying to catch Don, but really they are doing just what he wants them to. SRK give a great performance as Don, the only thing I found let this performance down was his tone. I think he put too much drama into each syllable. Sort of like Christian Belle did in the last Batman film. Also I found him referring to himself as "Don" ever sentence annoying on a personal level. Priyanka Chopra, I don't think will be winning any awards for her acting in this film, but both her and SRK really shone in the action scenes. I was very impressed by both. This is what took this form a disappointing film to an ok to good film for me.

An ok or even a good film. Nothing ground breaking; personally I preferred SRK's performance of a cerebral villain in Ram Jaane. This film seem to set the stage of a third installment that everyone keeps talking about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Return of the King, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Made 5 years after the original SRK version of Don, this is a slightly more action-hero/Hollywood style/Bondish kind of sequel. However Shahrukh takes it in his stride and shows us both his macho side and his Rahul/romantic side. I won't dwell on the plot too much except to say that Don allows himself to be captured by Roma, re-igniting the love-hate relationship she has with Don,in order to meet up with old rival Vardaan in a Malaysian prison. Vardaan holds vital information that will enable him to Blackmail a bank vice-president and win over the authorities in to letting him (Don) go free to live a reformed life. We are led to believe that he is getting sick of his life of crime. After escaping with Vardaan from prison and the help of a Bank security hacker, they undergo a heist leading us to a fast-paced conclusion. SRK is superb as usual. As in the previous film, we are drawn to the 'loveable rogue' rather than the outright villian that Don is. Lacking the comedy of the first film, it makes up in it's action-packed car-chases, fight sequences etc and plot, leaving us with a subtle hint at the end that there will be a much anticipated Don3!
Watch this movie if you like Action-packed thrillers.
Watch this movie if you like love-hate relationships
Watch this movie because you are a SHAHRUKH KHAN fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then first part, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
First part of sharukh khan movie don was remake of amitabh bachchan movie but the ending went different some different story line but i only still enjoyed this movie second part of sharukh khan movie don 2 some action and twist in the story brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Don 2 is an incredible film. My mother is huge fan therefore I bought her tickets for the cinema, but she was so addicted to it, she could barely wait until it was released on DVD. I must say however that I prefer the first one, as I find that this one has a rather unusual story, and a bit of unnecessary violence. Other than that, an excellent film, especially when he takes off his mask ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars The king is back - DON 2, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Yes, the king is back, and Don 2 though good isnt as good as the first one. Less action and more story in this one. However when the action is on its good. The storyline is good and so is the acting. Will be looking forward to the third one, hopefully soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars don 2, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
i have seen this movie on youtube, i dont want to watch the film again on dvd, i had to return this one back, srk has done his peformance very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun film, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Don 2 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Remarkably high production values and a great deal of fun, a very good heist film. It is, however, quite obvious that it's set up for a further sequel and is really quite derivative, but hey! Fun!

Don 2 [DVD] [2011]
Don 2 [DVD] [2011] by Farhan Akhtar (DVD - 2012)
9.56