5.0 out of 5 stars A Wealth of Information, Skill, and Instruction
This book is great. Just GREAT. Go get it.

I own a lot of cookery books, and can sometimes be disappointed when I open a new book to find the same recipes, cooking process, ingredients, just in a different order and with a different name, Not this book. I had never cooked (/heard of) many of these recipes. And so far, all the recipes work.

I...
Published on 17 May 2013 by Sojii

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for vegetarians
This book is big and for the tofu making first 1/4 very good.
However thereafter it's 90+% fish and meat, it would have been handy to see the page index as the recipes are mostly useless to a vegetarian.
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by David Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wealth of Information, Skill, and Instruction, 17 May 2013
This book is great. Just GREAT. Go get it.

I bought the e-book by Andrea Nguyen, (see review) and it was good in that I successfully made several batches of Tofu, but there were difficulties in navigating a cookery e-book, for me. I was then concerned that the hard back print edition was going to be largely a duplicate of what I already owned in the e-book. The print edition has So much more information than the e-book, it is easier to use, and (although I hate to admit it) coloured pictures help!

There is more information on Tofu, how to make it, and the recipes (of which there are A LOT) really work. They are detailed and delicious.

Veggies: be pre-warned this is not a book for vegetarian cooking (many dishes reference pork, fish, etc), it is a book for Tofu cooking, although most longstanding vegetarians will not break sweat making any recipe in the book Vegetarian (simple).

I am so glad I have this book as I feel it really is something new, and it really is all so delicious.

Even my omni husband has been converted to Tofu. 10 out of 10 Andrea.

5.0 out of 5 stars T, 3 Feb. 2013
This is a wonderful book. I bought it because I wanted to make tofu and understand it better. The author really guides you through the steps and the recipes and ideas are wonderful. She has included recipes using the soy lees also. I am not a vegetarian and enjoy both meat and tofu. Having lived in Japan for 3 years I often miss high quality Japanese silken tofu and now I can make it myself at home. I make a large batch of it each week and have stopped buying the leathery stuff at the health food stores. It's probably the best book I've bought in years and am constantly picking it up to go over techniques and try something new. I would love to see her new book available this year on tofu making and will no doubt buy that also. Great pictures throughout.
This book is for anyone who has an interest in tofu regardless of whether you are vegetarian or not. It is informative and really equips you with the knowledge and confidence to start making tofu at home. Even if you don't bother to make tofu yourself, this book will give you greater knowledge when buying it in shops!

5.0 out of 5 stars There's some excellent recipes for the use of Tofu, 25 April 2015
The book has clear instructions as to how to make tofu from scratch and what to look for when buying. The book also has many labour saving tips too. There's some excellent recipes for the use of Tofu, but don't expect it to be a vegetarian cookbook, it uses meat and fish in many of the recipes. There's sections on the different types of tofu, and recipes collected from many countries including China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 9 Jan. 2014
An excellent book. Very easy to follow and I have obtained fantastic results much better than shop purchased products and everything produced fresh as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tofu Bible, 20 Feb. 2015
Robert Gilmore "Tony Gilmore" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
Everything you always wanted to know about tofu and then some.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for vegetarians, 29 Dec. 2012
This book is big and for the tofu making first 1/4 very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tofu Treats and Healthy Eats (Some Of The Time)., 15 Sept. 2014
It's great to have tips on how to make the different varities of tofu, the one let down (for me) was that some of the recipes (that, of course, use super healthy tofu; non-GM of course) were not as healthy as they could be, but some are very healthy, and all offer inspiration (whether that be to do or not to do).