5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ
Published on 10 July 2011 by H. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not as I hoped it would be, in terms of content
Published 2 months ago by Brian E.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ, 10 July 2011
H. Evans (Wales) - See all my reviews
'Good Stuff'........... is a good book ! Written about one of the most talented, iconic stars that ever graced the screen. Written with obvious love from a devoted daughter, Jennifer gives a fascinating insight into the enigmatic Cary Grant. I didn't expect the book to be so touching, for expample when Jennifer writes about the death of her father. Also what a special man he was to save just about everything from Jennifers life. Cary didn't have much of a family himself being an only child, his mum commited to a mental institution, he left home to escape the torment barely out of his teens. Perhaps this explains why he relished and saved so much from his daughters childhood. Its also apparant that he really enjoyed spending time with his daughter, and vice versa. Of course Cary had retired and had the monetary means to spoil his daughter, but you get the impression he had waited 62 years (when Jennifer was born) for his life to finally feel complete and meaningful. The ultimate message of the book for me is that family is everything. Cary was 62 when Jennifer was born..... you so get the impression that up til then his life had very little meaning, despite all the fame, money and adulation. This is a very special book, written by a very special daughter about a very special man. If you liked Cary Grant before you will love him after reading this !

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB-U-LOUS, 14 Jun 2011
A wonderful book about a wonderful man. If you like Cary Grant you will adore this book as it gives an insight into his life after film making; written by his loving daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life of a Hollywood Legend, 11 May 2011
Rama Rao "Rama" (Annandale, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
Cary Grant is one of the brilliant actors who donned the silver screen for over 30 years. He had the good fortune of working with some of the most beautiful and talented women of Hollywood. Yet his personal life intrigued many fans and his co-stars for years. Various authors have addressed these questions, but it is nice to know what his daughter has to say about these rumors. She describes Cary Grant as "a happy father." A significant part of the book is about Grant as a father and how cared his only daughter, and how much she enjoyed growing up with him.

Although Cary Grant was married five times, his sexuality was a hot topic as he was rumored to be a bisexual. Jennifer Grant says that "there are interesting misconceptions about dad," she would "leave these misconceptions to themselves." She believes that her father encouraged that thought because it made women liked to prove that assumption is wrong. She does not go into specifics, and she doesn't even speak of his alleged partner, Randolph Scott. But she has a great recollection of what a wonderful father he was. It is great to see Cary in movies and it is even more interesting to read about his life written by his daughter.

1. Cary Grant: A Celebration of Style
2. Evenings With Cary Grant: Recollections in His Own Words and by Those Who Knew Him Best
3. Carry Grant Collection (5 Disc) (Night and Day, Destination Tokyo, North By Northwest, Arsenic and Old Lace, Carry Grant Documentary) [DVD]
4. Cary Grant Collection: An Affair To Remember / Kiss Them For Me / People Will Talk / Born To Be Bad [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Cary Grant gave up films to become a father, 15 Aug 2014
I like the way how Jennifer Grant explains how the death of her father, Cary Grant, left a hole in her life. Anyone who has lost a loved one, a soulmate or a relationship has ended prematurely knows what it's like when that person is not there. They leave a hole in your life which is difficult to fill immediately. How does Jennifer fill the hole that was left behind by the death of her father? One of the things he did was leave behind memories in the form of tape recordings, filming her on super 8mm camera, taking her on cruises on board the Oriana ship, taking pictures of her and telling her that he loves her.

Her grandmother, Clara Friesen, said to her: 'If you've got three friends it's a lot.' I know exactly what that means. I don't even have two friends because friendship takes time and intimacy. We all have loads of acquaintances, maybe even intimate acquaintances, but very few of us have three or more close friends. When I lost my soulmate in December 1987, I had no friends whom I could turn to for support. I would have to wait another seven years before that support kicked into place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff:A reminiscence of my Father Cary Grant, 5 Aug 2012
I am a big Cary Grant fan and was looking forward to reading this book, especially one by someone who knew him so well, infact someone who would know perhaps the real Cary. Whilst I enjoyed the book and discovered new things about the man behind the image I did find the general tone of the book a "sweet", clearly Jennifer adored her father and that comes across. Reading between the lines I did also see a different version of Cary that perhaps Jennifer didnt want to explore-controlling and possesive. On the whole I loved the book and would recommend it to all fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down!, 1 May 2012
Elizabeth A. Ireland (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this book for my husband and nearly every day, from the time he received it, he would read out to me various intersting facts about Cary Grant. I really don't have to read it myself I have been given all the facts. I think it must have been one of the best books he has ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 4 Feb 2012
The book arrived on time and in good condition, as described. I haven't finished the book yet but I am truly enjoying the insight in to Cary Grants life from the perspective of his daughter. I love the pictures and notes and references that let you in to his private feelings about life and family. Would definitely recommend to anyone who'd like to know a bit more about the man behind the legendary actor.

5.0 out of 5 stars a reminiscence of my father, 1 April 2014
i was a very big fan of cary grant and reading about him and his daughter was a joy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Grant's book about her father, 28 Aug 2013
I did not ever meet Jennifer Grant ,but Cary often spoke about her to me ,he was very proud of her.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 8 Oct 2014