Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 12 April 2012
Charlaine Harris's True Blood books are the best ever - even better than the tv series, which says a lot. As a massive Twilight fan it is hard to say which I prefer but if you like Twighlight you will also love True Blood.
I already own the whole set of these books as individual paper versions but bought the kindle version for convenience as I love reading them frequently, and was rather dissapointed to discover whilst reading the 2nd book of the omnibus III "From Dead to worse" that for some reason chapter 5 is out of order and comes between chapters 3 and 4 for some reason. If you don't already know the story and don't spot it this does make the plot rather confusing to follow for a while.
Sometimes the editing of a lot of the kindle books which I've read doesn't seem to be quite up to the same level as it is for the printed versions which is a shame particularly when the books are as good as these.
on 18 September 2012
True Blood Omnibus III: All Together Dead, From Dead to Worse, Dead and Gone: "All Together Dead", "From Dead to Worse", "Dead and Gone
I have been waiting for weeks for the problem with the chapters to be sorted out and for it to go back on sale - I really don't want to buy individual books as it works out so much more expensive.

I love the True Blood series and have been enjoying the books so much.

Please sort it out soon!
on 24 November 2011
Yet another great group of Sookie Stackhouse stories, detailing the adventures of the girl you can't help but like and the men in her life, some of which you can't help but want!
on 19 May 2012
althiugh its a good story its converted badly, some of sentances are missing spaces between words and also some punctuaton, which isnnt a biggy. but in the second book chapter4 and 5 are the wrong way round. this is as far as have got so far
on 8 May 2012
Love all of the books so far, however at the beginning of each one and throughout the rest of the book, too frequently for my liking.. i find myself skipping paragraphs where Charlaine Harris repeats herself over the same things. Yes, I understand that she needs to explain things to someone who may be reading one of the books without reading the previous one but it gets pretty damn tedious. One annoying thing with Sookie is the repetitive description of her puttin her hair in that bloody tight ponytail! but perhaps I am just picky :P There's lots to complain about with the way it's written, but the storys are just too good for the bad to over rule.

One big complaint is to kindle though, for its badly converted text and awful punctuation.
on 14 January 2013
Charlaine Harris is a very good writer, she introduces new characters at ease, the only problem I have with the books is repetition. I totally understand that some people reading may not understand the background of some of the characters, but to repeat the story in each book of the links between Sookie, Eric, Bill, Sam and Quinn gets a bit monotonous if you are an avid reader of the books - get on with the story/plot we know who the characters are (especially the main ones)! I also like that the book does not follow the show with characters, although I wish she had kept Lafayette in the book. I would definitely recommend the books, but I suggest you start from the beginning, it really is a good read and keeps you interested.
on 17 May 2014
I enjoyed the very first book of the whole series (even recommended it to a friend) but I am not overly impressed with the rest. I love the TV show but for me the books are just an average read and I'm getting through them. I "ummed and arred" about buying this omnibus and am part way through the first book. It's just ok, nothing more to say really.
on 17 July 2013
This is a great series. Although these three books are probably not my favourites , they do contain their fair share of memorable characters and plots. Sookie travels out of Bon Temp to attend a 'Vampire Conference' and attends to battles closer to home.
Questions about Sookie's ability and lineage raise the fore - nothing's quite how it seems.
on 13 June 2013
I thought every book was entertaining, thrilling, exciting and a great read. I have recommended the series to everyone I've meet, prefer the books to the tv series as I didn't feel the series did the books justice. Still good to watch though but the books are better xx
on 27 November 2014
Though not as looping and ranging as the others, this volume is more centred on sookie herself and her connection to the face. I enjoyed it and was a little disappointed when it abruptly ended. I still don't know if ill leave it here or move on to the final chapters.