4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera :-)
Well, I have received today my camera and separatelly my 32Gb micro SD card. Charged camera, slot-in micro SD card, attached it to my bike and off I went. Came back to check my vids and few pics on my new iPad4. Connected camera via WiFi, iON's app recognised camera, checked video and was VERY frustrated with a quality :-(

Well, I didn't know that camera makes...
Published 21 months ago by V. Radonic

3.0 out of 5 stars iON Air Pro Plus HD Video Camera
Fith review update:
Would be 5 if the cost wasn't ever increasing for the rest of the gear and attachments were available.

Camera does not come with micro SD card as stated in sales lit, ordered 32gig class 10 separately via Amazon 35. You require a class 6 or above SD card for HD but would recommend class 10.

The wi-fi and extended battery...
Published on 22 April 2012 by David Satchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Ion air Pro., 22 Aug 2012
Nice little action camera, good quality pics and video. Great for use on a motorbike.In some ways better than the GoPro, the camera is more streamlined so less wind resistance means less movement. The placement of the recording button allows you to start and stop recording whilst still on the move, and the placement of the LED is also easy to see so you know if you're recording or not.
The functions are a bit limited, similar to GoPro, either still pic every 5/10/15 sec one of burst 10 frames per sec(it would be nice if this was continuous) or movie mode. No loop recording function. Field of view is 170 degrees or 150 degrees, depending on HD or full HD ,again it would be nice to be able to change this, to suit usage.
The WIFI ponz that allows you to connect the Ion camera to iPhone or android device, so you can see what you are pointing the camera at, is( like the GoPro system) an added extra, this, in my opinion, should be included as standard. After all how many camcorders would they sell if you couldn't see what you were filming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video quality is good in fray, 27 July 2014
This review is from: iON Air Pro Plus Sports Action Camera/Camcorder (Mounts, Full HD, WaterProof, Shockproof) (Electronics)
I purchased my ION Air Pro complete with all accessories for a very reasonable price. I'm planning on the Wi-Fi PODZ upgrade this week. I fabricated a clamp-on mount for the passenger side headrest and take it with me all the time. Video quality is good in fray, grainy at night. Audio quality is weak, but it IS as simple as a rock to use.

I own a vintage muscle car and enjoy driving it often. Most of my fellow drivers are downright incompetent out on the roads. I use my ION as a "witness" in case something bad happens and I have to fight an insurance company over liability. Some replacement parts are hard or impossible to find and I want the security of proof. Just too many distracted drivers out there.

I'm also working on a harness-mount for my German Shepherd mix for when he chases Squirrels…..

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little action cam, it's a bit of a shame really, 18 Mar 2013
Being into several "extreme" sports, I was looking for a camera that could go with me anywhere and film what me and my mates got up to throughout the year, it had to be bombproof and most importantly, waterproof. It came down to two choices, the now industry standard Gopro Hero, or this camera and, after reading numerous early reviews, I decided to buck the trend and buy this.

As a camera it more than compares to the Gopro, I've managed to capture some stunning HD footage and to a casual observer like me, it performs magnificently. Footage is clear, sound is great and initially I was over the moon after buying this product.

Unfortunately, when you delve into the world of available mounts, the Ion Air Pro falls to pieces. The available mounts are nothing short of ridiculous, when mounted on your helmet you have a stark choice, look like a Tellytubby or one of the Predators that Arnie took great pride in dispatching of. Whilst the possibilities of the Gopro mounts are endless, the Ion Air Pro's slim pickings leave you with very, very little options. The bike mount is brilliant, I will concede that, the surf/board mount might be, but at the prices charged you don't want to buying one. Seriously, the pricing of the mounting systems alone will leave you wishing you'd gone for the Gopro.

Another point I have to make is about the lens "cover", it is very easily scratched which is unforgivable for an action cam, the first scratch I put on it it I can understand, a little surprised, but my own fault really, but since then it has developed a few more without any sizable knocks that you would expect to cause damage.

In summary, as a stand alone action cam using the bike/bar mount you will not be disappointed, if you wish to vary your choice of viewpoints a little you have three options 1/ dying of embarrassment at the ridiculous looking thing on your head. 2/ poverty and destitution or 3/ shove it on an auction site and get yourself a Gopro, I wish I'd gone for that instead

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic camera, 17 July 2013
This camera describes it's self as a action camera that captures everything on the go. The app boast instant uploads to social platforms and online storage.

As someone who does a lot of spontaneous filming/taking photos i was looking for an alternative to the GOPRO hero 3 black, so i decided to purchase this camera after seeing reviews online and including youtube. However in my experience i was disappointed with the cameras all round performance.

I have a helicopter that I attached the camera to and found that the camera suffers from what is deemed fisheye (which is something of a slight concave look).

On replaying the video and photographic footage it seems very grainy (regardless of the setting). Which brings me to the instant uploads to social media platforms and storage, I found this non existent.

When I contacted ION they confirmed that the grainy images,fisheye effect was characteristic of the camera. On the social media platform and storage front, they said that they are planning on rolling something out at some point via firmware in order to activate the storage feature. However they directed me to a third party software called mime in the mean time.

I think as a very basic camera it's ok however I feel the advertising stratergy they have adopted is very misleading. hence i returned the product (which was very easy) and went for the GOPRO hero 3 black, expensive but definitely worth the money.

When I contacted ION

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great fun, simple to use and produces excellent HD Video, 12 Dec 2012
uncle barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never had the chance to try out a Sports camcorder before so I jumped at the chance to review one as I am regularly out and about on my bike in the countryside.

This really is a Super little Sports camcorder! I've used it while out Mountain Biking and it fits neatly onto my helmet and gives a great view of all my exploits during my time in the woods and on the bridleways. It is really great fun, simple to use and produces excellent quality HD video recordings.

It looks and feels a rugged little chap in its waterproof, shockproof casing. I've tested the waterproof (although not down to 30 metres!) and yes it appears to be fine - with no drop in performance after a good soaking. I haven't dropped it (yet!) so I haven't therefore been able to test the shockproof factor! Let's hope I won't get to test that out either because I have grown very fond of this little beauty.

A BIG Thumbs Up for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
REALLY PLEASED

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, 8 Mar 2014
purchased of amazon just a few days ago and am very pleased with the build quality and portability of this little unit, very good picture quality. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was that the price is a lot higher than if purchased thru the Ion website, could have saved myself a few quid and received the accessory pack as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ion Ion Ion!!! get it!!, 21 Feb 2014
Work perfectly as it's description. Love this gadget. Highly recommend this to people who are looking for sports camcorder. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 30 Dec 2013
Bought for my husband for Xmas - he has had good fun playing with it round the house but has yet to venture out on his bike with it. First impressions are good.

A few months on I can report that my husband has been very happy with the product. He tried wearing it on his helmet but found it difficult to direct due to changes in riding position and more importantly found it surprisingly heavy after a while. It also squeaked a lot on its mounting which spoilt the recording. He now mounts it on his bike and has managed to get rid of the annoying squeak. The video quality is good and the camera seems robust, having come out better than my husband after a recent tumble.

4.0 out of 5 stars can someone help, 21 Dec 2013
i am looking to buy this product as the reviews seem to be outstanding but can someone tell me with this particular model (the ion air pro sports action camcorder HD water proof) do i need to buy an add on to be able to use it on my ipod or mobile or does it come in the box?