5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product
I had been using Family Tree Maker and recently upgraded from the 2011 to the 2012 version. After having purchased the FTM Charting Companion and found that their Support could not provide a solution when it would not install, I looked for alternative software and found Family Historian 5.

I have now migrated my family tree to Family Historian 5 because I found...
Published on 6 July 2012 by Derek Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time!
I purchased this directly from Calico Pie and have had nothing but trouble with it. It constantly loses information, saved a file error in a lot of the backups and their after sales support is pathetic. I contacted support at Calico Pie and the reply was useless and read as if they had not bothered to read the email I sent them.
It is going to take several months to...
Published 3 months ago by CV Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, 6 July 2012
Derek Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)

I have now migrated my family tree to Family Historian 5 because I found it to be far better software. More information can be seen on the screen without having to click on another 'tab' but best of all are the printing options where it is possible to move either the whole chart or parts of the chart to give a better fit on the page(s) when printed.

Family Tree Maker probably looks better on screen but Family Historian 5 has a better screen layout and is functionally better.

If you are not sure about Family Historian 5, download the 30-day trial first before buying. I did (and Roots Magic also) but for me Family Historian 5 is the best buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Information, 23 Oct. 2012
J. F. Naylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I used to use an old version of this software but when I came to Windows 7 I found the old software would not work so updated to this version and the software has changed for the better. Bette graphics, layout and easier to update any informaton you have already entered onto the system. Overall I am very pleased with this programme and strongly recommend it for recording your family history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent software, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I wanted a software package which didn't link to the internet on which I could record my research. I wish I'd had this a couple of years ago, when I first started on our family tree. I am in the process of transferring my information which I previous collated in Word documents and have have found a few gaps in my research. This software helps with the type of information to research and data is easy to enter into it. Overall, an excellent package, with good diagram and information publishing options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
For some time I had considered Family Tree software and after trying one several years ago, I had been put off finding it user unfriendly. Wanting to do something with my accumulated notes, I again looked at software and after reading numerous reviews I downloaded the trial software. I would recommend this product and if you want something that is easy to use from the outset, this is the programme. After mastering the basics, you can add to your records as you learn more about the programme. Trial and error suits me and this programme lets you undo anything you have got wrong. When I'm looking at reviews, this is the sort of information I want, so I hope this helps you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant New Software, 20 Dec. 2013
David Lewis (Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have been using Family Historian software for about 6 years. I started of by just recording a very basic tree with just the names of famiy members that I knew. The process is very easy and intuitive. As I researched my family history and started entering more and more information I discovered from Birth marriage and Death certificates I always found a way of recording the information easily. I now use family historian to store and display scanned images of certificates, census records, Newspapers cuttings and photographs.

My passion for Genealogy has incresed as I have learnt how to use more and more of the features of family Historian. I now also use it to maintain a record of over 12000 descendants of The Electress Sophia and produce a line of succession to the British Throne.

There are many built in Query Functions which let you extract all manner of data from your tree such as lists of ancestors, descendants and even all relatives. There is also the abilty to write your own custom queries. I use this feature extensively to extract statistical information from my trees, for example Ive managed to produce a query which extracted all the descendants who died in Childbirth or where Killed in Action and a list of all descendants who married another Descendant Like queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip.

Yes it takes time to get to that sort of level but you dont have to spend that much time just to get started. if you do get stuck there is a brilliant Family Historian user group on line who are only to pleased to point you in the right direction.

All in all a brilliant bit of software for both the Amateur and the seriouss enthusiast. I cannot reccomend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great program, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been using Family Historian for some time and found it truly excellent. It is easy to use, even for a beginner, and particularly useful is the ability to produce reports for any individual and their ancestors or descendants that can then be output in PDF format. Note that unlike some similar programs, and websites too, it uses the standard GEDCOM format so the basic file can be read by similar programs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 July 2013
A. Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I like this programme because it is clear and simple to use and I can transfer my family tree from Ancestry when my membership ends, which is what I really wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Family Tree Software, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
Although I have only used this one package it offers everything I expected. Its User Interface is fast to learn, no need to pick up the book, especially as the start up tips give good information. I have been using it for a week now and have not found a single problem or situation it cannot handle. I am also impressed with the auto save feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend too highly, 18 Dec. 2013
S. Boardman (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I would really recommend this product. It's easy to get started if you've never used it before,and you can add loads of information to your records as you learn more about the programme. Adding your photos to your records is also simple. There are many built in features for reports and for just entering data, but with a little knowledge you can build on it yourself. There is an active User Group that you can join, so you finish up not just with software for yourself but a whole community of people just like you who can offer support and suggestions.A very good product

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have used a history programme befor but wanted to upgrade and so far this has proved to be very good.I transfered the old information and am now having to go through and alter that which didn't transfer over correctly. This may be the programme or me not doing it correctly. The programme seems to be easy to use and there are a lot more features to play with.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC)
Family Historian 5 Deluxe Genealogy Software (PC) by Calico Pie (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £4.74