5.0 out of 5 stars A good all round smartphone that looks elegant, performs very well and good value for money.
I owned a Galaxy S which was amazing for two years. It could not cope well with multi tasking or more demanding apps. I got fed up it with it and was looking for a change. I preferred a mobile phone that could perform well but at a decent price. I did quite a bit of research because I am a bit funny about technology which I am not going to rant about.

1)...
Published on 12 Aug 2012 by bifukawjbmbf

1.0 out of 5 stars sony experia u
ive had this phone for about 5 months now and the truth is that I wanted to smash this phone few times cause it made me so angry but couldn't afford to buy another one and selling it second hand it will cost less than half price. this device was supposed to have a strong processor and good for multitasking, it freezes if 2 or more apps are running at the same time. every...
Published 14 months ago by Al

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Consistantly slow with daily "lock ups", 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have this phone from 3 for £13 (was a deal because i complained about a faulty HTC)

Anyway, this phone would be pretty good. I found it was initially very good. Nice and snappy! Great...

But no, after a couple of months the phone begins to lock up when texting, regularly crashes and freezes and its consistently so. it's also consistently slow even when no apps are actually open or running. had to restart on a daily basis just so it would respond.

All i used it for was
- Email gmail/hotmail
- minor calls and a few texts
- reading of online newspapers/news/tech news

That is it, no games, no music, Honestly, dont buy this phone.. it's cheap and slow.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, this phone is terrible, 11 Jun 2013
This phone keeps freezing and I keep having to reboot it and/or remove the battery. This most frustratingly happens when I get incoming calls that I can't answer because the phone has frozen. The internet also crawls.

I bought this phone so I could break free from paying exorbitant contract rates. However, I've now stumped up the cash for an iphone (which is what I used to have before I lost my old one) which actually works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone!, 25 Sep 2012
So I managed to get this for £99.99 + £10 topup from CPW a couple of weeks ago. So far, the phone has been awesome and is so better than my Orange SF in almost every way possible. I even managed to find a custom rom that transformed the phone into a time machine. I used this to go back to 1997 when I was still using my Motorola Startac. I showed the Xperia U to some of my friends back then (who commented that I looked a bit more mature for some reason) and they were totally blown out the water!! Unfortunately I couldn't really show off wifi or 3G but Angry Birds totally dominated Snakes that all the Nokia geeks had on their crummy banana phones. I also tried to explain that I had invented FaceBook and showed them the app but seeing no one else was on, they thought it was a crap idea. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Great

1.0 out of 5 stars DOn't buy this phone., 3 July 2013
This is easily the worst phone I have every owned.
First issue, and your find many other reviews that back this up, the battery life is shockingly short (half a day if your lucky) Fine! So I brought two other spare batteries and a charger so I can have one charging whilst I an using the phone, But then you hit the second major problem with this phone it's sooo slow, sometimes you can't even answer phone calls because it's trying to load something.

Then there is today which is the reason why I am writing this review. I have a new job starting today in fact I was supposed to be there an hour ago. However because the phone has crashed, I have been up all night trying to get to my texts, which I can't because everything about sony is crap. The computer software is so ropy I can't up load the text message nor will it let me reset software.Nor can I contact them, Basically I'm screwed. SO I going to do today what I should have done in the first place which is to buy a proper smart phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 20 Feb 2013
A good phone for a good value. Just didn't like the fact that the phone was not sealed when sent

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, 16 Jan 2013
Phone arrived in the post - just pushed through the letter box, which surprised me for such an expensive item. All okay though

1.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional Android phone, 22 April 2013
The phone receives pushed mail from your personal account ie Yahoo or Hotmail but does not actually sync. Therefore, any action taken on your phone for example, deleting an email, needs to be repeated on all devices. Also, emails that are either read or marked as read, appear as unread the next time you switch the phone on.
Annoying to say the least and had I been aware of this issue, I would have steered well clear, despite having been a fan of Sony.

2.0 out of 5 stars P.O.C., 16 Sep 2012
Neil Young has a song for this phone; P.O.C, which only works sometimes. Got it home to find that it is not capable of picking up GPS in my area, retailer says , it only works where the signal is strongest, that's not here apparently. Since I bought it for it's sat nav as much as Camera then phone, I think I made a mistake, perhaps I should have gone for a more expensive one instead of this bargain basement piece of plastic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought at the request of my son, 9 July 2013
Bought this at the request of my son. Have not personally used it and find it very different to my iPhone. Phone looks very smart. He loves it but has not used all the aspects of the phone.

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›