4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Summer Alpine Trekking
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by Scriabinmahler

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but fit could be better
This is a nice looking jacket and works well. It fits well except it seems to pull across the shoulders when I have the zip done up fully
Published 11 months ago by ColinR

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Summer Alpine Trekking, 24 Sep 2012
Scriabinmahler (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Berghaus Men's Cornice II Interactive Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I used this Gore-tex jacket for two weeks' hut-to-hut trekking in Eastern Tirol in August and September, culminating in climbing Grossglockner, during which heavy rain, hail, snow and sudden change of tempreture had tested it. Light rain would just roll off the fabric surface, sustained heavy rain soaked the first layer but kept the inside completely dry. With a fleece underneath, it kept me very warm even under subzero tempreture, including my head covered in the well-shaped large hood which accommodated the helmet nicely. Not as breathable as Polartek NeoShell, but good enough to cope with typical Alpine weather swinging between warm and cold.

The only problem I had was the durability. The thin fabric had no chance against rough rock surface during the climb, when I came down I found the fabric around the side pocket slightly tattered. So, I would recommend more strechable and durable (lighter and more breathable too) Polartek NeoShell jackets for Alpine climbing, but Berghaus Cornice jacket is excellent for trekking and hiking in testing environments.

The actual colour of the jacket is nice greyish green, not the brownish olive colour as displayed on this page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit and colour, 18 Feb 2013
The length is is sufficient to cover your bottom to keep you warm and dry. The sleeves have both Velcro and elasticated cuffs meaning that the jacket can be slipped on easily without adjusting the Velcro each time as with some other makes of jacket. Also like the poppet closer of the main zip rather than Velcro which can cling onto bits of other clothing being warn at the time. The colour is a nice country colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Jacket, 20 Aug 2013
Much nicer green than in the photos this is a lovely jacket and with the IA easy to warm up or cool down depending on the climate. Very light and easy to pack for journeys. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Feb 2014
D. Grimshaw (BRISTOL) - See all my reviews
Have had this item in blue for over five years and it performed perfectly in really wet weather including up on offas dyke in howling winds. They don't mix well though with barbed wire so I needed to replace it. I saw this and was wary about the price ( was it a Mickey Mouse counterfeit) and the colour which looked 'unpleasant'.
I eventually bought it. Colour is nothing like the photo, in fact it's rather posh. Still can't believe the price and it's not Mickey Mouse. Wore it on the Skirrad recently, rain and wind, coped admirably.
If they can sell at this price, why are the other colours so much more expensive?

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing Jacket, 11 Jan 2014
This is a great jacket and very good price considering it is Goretex.
I bought a zip in fleece to go with it as I wanted an all year jacket which did put the price up by half as much again but, still a great item and you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality jacket., 28 Nov 2013
I got this jacket to use for nature photography, as my red and my blue ones are a bit too conspicuous and tend to scare everything away. Yes, I have two other Berghaus jackets identical to this one, and have been using them for a number of years now. I use them with the interactive fleece in winter, and without in the summer. I find them very versatile, and seriously comfortable in use. Would recommend them to anybody, no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice jacket, 24 Nov 2013
lovely light weight jacket , wind proof and water proof , length is ideal as i am quite tall ,great when we went to america , rolls up small enough in suitcase , together with a fleece kept me warm and dry , when not needed fitted in camera bag to take out with me on walks , would recommend no problem .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lightweight jacket, 2 Mar 2014
I have been in a few heavy downfalls of rain and this Jacket has kept me bone dry and warm ,providing you zip a fleece inside in winter. It is lightweight and ideal for carrying in your rucksack on those unpredictable summer walks.
One thing to consider,if your size is on the upper limits of the size charts then consider going the next size up as being a longer jacket it puts a strain on the bottom of the zip when climbing hills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer length is great, 19 Feb 2014
Robert C. Wiggins "Running Rob" (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This is a great jacket having all the features I was looking for after doing some research - reading reviews and u-tube videos of the jacket. The longer length was important as was the quality of the product and as I have always found Berghaus a good make I thought this was the ideal jacket for me - then I saw it for this excellent bargain price what could be better! Then I saw the colour in the picture and thought even at this price I could not put up with the olive/brown shiny finish. However I read the reviews which said it was in fact a more subtle greenish/grey and not like the picture so I though I would give it a try and send it back if not satisfactory. I am glad I took the advice of the reviews as they were correct the colour is indeed not at all like the picture but a very pleasant greenish/grey. The jacket is well made and designed. I like the hood and neck protection it keeps you warm and protected from both wind and rain - it is also a good fit and longer so it covers the top of my legs and all my trunk from wind and rain. It is the jacket I wanted anyway but at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket., 15 Feb 2014
A great jacket and what an unbelievable price . I would not buy any other make as I think they are the best.