4.0 out of 5 stars A great tool
I bought this product to remove a broken crank set from my bike.

You first screw the black part into the threads of the crank. Then you use the thin metal tool on the extraction screw to pull the crank off the taper. In reality what happens is the thin metal tool crumples leaving you to use something like an adjustable spanner to do the rest of the work...
Published on 8 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price, shame about the accessory that came with it!
Published 22 months ago by Jason

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tool, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
I bought this product to remove a broken crank set from my bike.

The extractor tool is fine, I don't know why the thin metal tool is included, I'd have been happier if it wasn't!

Your extractor is fine, you don't need to confuse things with the spare tool (I would have given this a 5star review, although I wasted a bit of time thinking I was doing something wrong when the tool broke).

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
I was sceptical as the thread on my pedal crank looked scuffed and worn. It took a number of attempts to ensure that I had the tool correctly aligned on the thread. I checked by putting the tool in place, giving it no more than a quarter turn or so and then turning the pedal crank back and forth with the tool in place and noting whether the tool wobbled about its axis, which would indicate cross-threading. Possibly some reviewers had not aligned the tool correctly before tightening it onto the crank and had consequently stripped the thread when trying to extract the crank. It took me a number of attempts to get the tool correctly engaged with the very fine thread on the pedal crank. I used a ring spanner both to tighten the black part securely into the crank and to release the crank from the bottom bracket by tightening the chrome part. It required quite a bit of force to release the crank so, as other reviewers have said, do not even think of using the midget spanner provided. At the cheap price, though, why worry about a redundant bit?

5.0 out of 5 stars Can hardly fault it., 3 Nov 2013
J. Harrison (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
Did this strip the thread of your poorly made and cheap crank? Throw it away, it wasn't worth it. I tried it with this tool, which worked perfectly on one side, but stripped the thread from the other - a poor quality Chinese item which had the rings riveted together with rivets made to look like Allen bolts. I heated it up with a blowtorch and levered it with a crowbar...nothing worked, which is why I then took an angle-grinder to it...soon came off then and straight into the re-cycling (ho, ho!) On went my 30 year old aluminium cranks, (all together less in weight than the plain steel crank, too!) which have been on many bikes - and off with no problems.
This tool is very good and well thought out as it is an old, old design. The spanner that comes with it will last for years if you are careful (and not a tool...). I used it for assembly only, as the factories and the many 'cheap stores' press/hammer/force them on using a poorly paid Capuchin. I couldn't ask for more, apart from swifter posting. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as more expensive versions, 6 May 2013
Mr. C. Allison (Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
This is a great little bargain. I got this as I'd planned to help my mate strip his crank off his bike and I didn't want to spend much money on a big brand tool. This little thing's great and very well built. It's pretty solid as I also used it to pull an old/seized crankset off another bike using some serious force. Unfortunately I managed to strip the threads out of the non-drive side crank arm before it came free but the threads on this tool remained intact. It comes with a silly little throw away spanner which would break in half when used but that's no reason to mark this tool down, you just use a spanner/adjustable wrench to thread the black part of the tool into your crank.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price, shame about the accessory that came with it!, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
Purchased this tool for removing the crank arms from my daughters bike (after lending my more expensive tool to someone a few years back, who then gave it back with stripped threads!) I was a bit dubious about what the quality would be like at this price, but it stood up to the task of removing some seized-on crank arms a treat! The spanner tool that comes with it however, is rubbish. The material just twisted as soon as force was applied (see other peoples comments). I used a spanner from my trusty toolbox instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 4 May 2014
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
Cheap and cheerful, but I've used this effective little gadget a few times now and it's performed very efficiently. Possibly not professional quality but neither is the price that of a professional tool. Good value and perfect for cyclists who work on their own bikes. Recommended purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
The item arrived in timely fashion, properly packaged. I used it and it worked well. I chose to use my own spanner as the crank provided seemed a bit insubstantial, but for £3.68, I didn't expect a crank to be included. I'd say that if you used it a couple of times a year (only) it would last a long time. I'm happy with this product.
Krishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes spanner, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
This worked fine on my bike once I'd cleaned up the thread. One end can be used to remove the nut which I didn't realise before buying my socket set! It also includes a small ring spanner to turn it, though I'd recommend a proper spanner or it'll hurt your hands to apply the required torque.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 14 Nov 2013
Colin Metcalf (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
I am currently restoring a Kona mountain bike that has been left outside for a couple of years so as you can imagine most parts are rusted and seized. The crank in particular was a pig to removed, maximum force was required but this little piece of kit stood up well. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job I bought it for, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool (Misc.)
I gave this product a 4-star rating because without it I couldn't do what I needed to do and my project would've ground to a halt. For the price you pay it is worth the money, however be prepared to wait for a long time for delivery.

Bike Crank Extractor Remover Puller Tool