Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 28 December 2012
I'll take it you've heard of this guy if you're reading my review as country isn't as well known in the UK as it is in the US. I'd say this is probably in my top 2 country albums.

When I say country, it's probably classed as cross-over country. That is it's a pop / rock / country mix in line with Toby Keith / Kenny Chesney / Lee Brice / Taylor Swift as opposed to Kenny Rogers or Alan Jackson from back in the day. But that doesn't mean it's not country nor good. It's fantastic.

I got into country from listening to 99.5 The Wolf, a Texan radio station that focuses on 90's music to today so they play Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, Rodney Atkins, Taylor Swift, Carry Underwood etc so if you like any of these guys, you'll enjoy this. It's much more rockin' and uptempo than some old slide guitar-based "I lost my man" country but it still has it roots in the south, traditional values and decent fun running through the tracks.

It kicks off really well with "Country Girl - kick it for me" which is brilliant if you're driving and "drunk on you" which you can't help but sing along to. In fact, just looking at the track list on Amazon reminds me how much I like this album. Anyway, I'm off to listen to it again. He also posts quite a few videos on a well known video website which you can watch for free - what a nice chap.
on 11 March 2015
This album is great, it's one of my non stop playing buys, in fact a hard copy of being sorted for the car. Check out the first track on the album and I dare you not to shake something (maybe I shouldn't put it in the car). An amazing artist and I have a lot of catching up to do on this music scene. Roll on pay day
I have all Luke bryan's albums and from his debut I thought him very good. He is a singer who could well be destined for superstardom. Great voice. Great backling. The album kicks off with the rollicking and fun 'Country Girl Shake it for me'.......and there is then a mixture of fun, honky tonkers, rockers and ballads with him never letting you forget he is country. This is not traditional country but of all the new modern Country Singers, he may well be the best and the most consistent. Very enjoyable to lsiten to. Not a bad song on the album. Highly recommended to those that enjoy the the modern country music or just good music.
on 3 January 2012
A friend referred me to Luke Bryan's song: I don't want this night to end. This song is sooooo romantic... especially if you watch the official video on YOUTUBE. (Ladies.... a must see!) I couldn't resist buying the album, and am happily listening to it in my car ever since. Luke Bryan's Tailgates & Tanlines album offers a nice mix of laid back country music with a modern twist. Luke sings his songs with a lot of southern warmth, and the lyrics are very touching. Looking forward to Luke Bryan's next album......
on 4 August 2015
I can count on one hand the number of albums I know of where I like every song, not only that but they stand up to repeated listening, this is one of those albums. I can give it no higher praise.
on 29 September 2015
Its the first country C D i have bought and what a disc .heard a song on u-tube,read several reports i am well pleased, also delivery was good next day. this guy is brilliant .
on 1 January 2013
This is the first album I brought by Luke Bryan and I am so happy with it! I am a keen listener to country music and this is everything I wanted and more.
on 9 February 2015
Arrived quickly and is a great country CD. I look forward to purchasing more from Luke Bryan
on 27 March 2015
My kind of country. Wailing guitars and macho lyrics and delivery , a la Toby Keith.
on 17 August 2015
I bought the CD because he is one of the up and coming country singer thanks