on 7 January 2014
This camcorder is fantastic for the price. It's great for the beginner/amateur film maker, it's simple to use, and has great features usually associated with higher end cameras. However, there are a few bad things.

Pros:
- Cheap: A great price, most similar models from other brands are more expensive.

- Simple: Extremely easy to use, it only takes 5 minutes to familiarise yourself with the settings.

- Great Features: For example, the touch screen is great, the Zoom is good, and the variety of quality settings is fantastic.

Cons:
- As mentioned in other reviews, battery life is an issue. Basically, the battery life is around 40 minutes, so is not great for longer event recording. However, a lot of camcorders are so, and the Ex-Pro unofficial (but very good) replacement battery improves the life drastically, and for a lot cheaper than the official JVC ones.

- Memory. If you want to record in the higher end qualities (as you do), it takes up so much more memory. Whilst this isn't so bad considering you know the quality is going to be great, it is an issue if you have no memory card or a small one. I would suggest at least a 16GB one to be able to cope with a decent amount of footage.

- The sounds are annoying! Luckily there is a silent mode though.

- I don't find this a problem personally, but a negative review mentioned this so I thought I'd touch on it. This JVC camera (like similar camcorders such as Sony) records in AVC-HD. This is because of the high quality, but it does mean files cannot be read in certain editing softwares etc. It's annoying, but i'm pretty sure there is a conversion tool that is compatible with AVC-HD. I don't want to sound certain in case i'm wrong, but a quick Google search should tell anyone who needs it.

So all in all, a great camera for the price. Memory and battery are my only main concerns, and have required further investment, but even still, this camera is cheap for how good it is. Hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase.
on 23 June 2013
Small enough to fit in a trouser pocket, very light and easy to use. Would have given 5 stars, but the battery only lasts 40 mins, to upgrade the battery is £36 for a 90 min battery.
Would I buy another? yes, but I would check out battery life on other models first.
on 28 February 2013
Very pleased with this camera. Its very light, compact and takes stunning videos. When plugged into my LG television via the HDMI input, the picture is clearer than my television reception (even HI-Def). I dont know if this is available on other makes/models but this camera is able to Auto Record, ie, it can be left switched on and will automaticaly take a still picture or video clip when movement is detected, ideal for surveilance of persons/annimals etc. Also it can Time Lapse videos for opening flowers for example. Only downside is the battery that comes with the camera is low capacity and you will probably need a better one for any serious work. The proper JVC data battery is best, its expensive but a lot cheaper at Amazon, where I ordered mine.
on 9 June 2013
Bought as a present for my wife, who isn't the most gadget loving person. But she loves it. Really easy to use and she managed to work it out for her self after about 20 minutes.
on 15 June 2013
If you need a great light weight camera with super features at fantastic price I can recommend this camera from this seller
on 12 April 2013
brilliant camcorder i now have 2 for various shooting home and abroad easy to use and to transfer to dvd and very good image quality on my sony hd tv highly recomended better than sony camcorder
on 11 February 2015
I have enjoyed using this. Easy to use and good value.
on 31 December 2013
Purchased this product about 7 months ago and the first thing that i noticed was the very poor battery life supplied with the camera. I will get on average 25 mins use from a fully charged battery and that is less than half the time i used to get out of my old Sony camcorder. Another problem encountered recently is that of downloading footage from my memory cards onto either my PC or onto disk, as it appears that JVC use a different format to save the data! I have downloaded the suggested everio browser software onto my computer so that i can actually view the footage, but despite several attempts i cannot download further software to allow my computer to copy the footage onto the drive and thus enable me to free up various memory cards that i now have. Have just phoned the JVC helpline to be confronted with a message saying that 'due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot answer your call at the moment and to call back later' Great! I wish i had paid the £70 it would have cost to repair my old camcorder instead of buying this unit. Haven't written a review before but hope that this at least helps someone else thinking of purchasing one of these cameras?