on 2 June 2014
I purchased volume one on a whim, as i had enjoyed her other series, and the story sucked me in to devour all four books. The characters were amazingly resilient in their adversity but did annoy me at times. However, for a fast paced unusual themed story it was a splendid escape, with additional 'elements' introduced at interesting points and the plot did sort itself out. It is more inconsistencies in the supporting characters and the unanswered questions (I wont give spoilers) that prevented a 5*. I will continue to enjoy her work.
on 11 April 2014
I can't believe I've finished it so soon and there isn't another to jump into!
Denise Grover Swank has blown me away with her writing, after reading the 28 and a half series and being impatient started this series....although hesitantly as I am no fan of supernatural reads but this is amazing also.
A very talented author capable of turning her talents to many styles....thank you Denise.
on 22 December 2013
This is not the sort of thing I normally read, so I just started reading to make up time, without any great interest. I am now on the third book and still enjoying it, a very novel way to ignite your interest and this author is a master at keeping you severely interested. Really great stuff. Just start reading it...I challenge you not to read it to the end
on 29 April 2015
Again another brilliant book. Sometimes follow on books are not always as good as the first, but with this series that is not the case. The story line carries on and keeps you guessing, and then a new character is introduced throwing all your theories as to what is going to happen next out the window. Could not put stop reading. Can't wait to read book 4.
on 7 April 2015
the title of this book is so appropriate. The sacrifice is clearly the reader's time. Be warned people, you'll never get that time back. This is mills and boon fantasy of the lowest order I'm afraid. I bought all 3 sequels after an impressive first book. I will not be buying anything else from this author. Weak....
on 29 May 2014
Dont normally read anything like supernatural books but because these were by Denise Grover Swank and she writes brilliant books I thought I'd give them a try. They are truly magnificent I could well imaging a film or two from the books the special effects would be brilliant. I read them all one to three.
on 30 December 2013
This is the 3rd book in the series and it has the same cant put me down pull to it as the previous books it keeps you wondering whats going to happen im now reading the 4th book by denise grover swank and am hoping shes going to write more dont know what im going to do when I finish this book
on 19 March 2014
This Author has a special gift. Reading The Chosen series I was so captured by the characters and the story I could not put the book down. I look forward to reading more of her work. If I could give her a hundred stars I would, however FIVE will have to do.
on 20 July 2014
I'm not sure how much Grover Swank likes her characters, considering the pain and trauma she puts them through, but it certainly makes for gripping and emotional reading. A fantastic continuation of the series that has stolen my life temporarily.
on 18 May 2014
Not disappointed in the third of the seris another fast paced high action gripping read. Possibly not as believable as the others as plot gets a bit weirder but Definitely exciting and going to go straight to the next book now