on 15 November 2012
read the review on the accident.
recently had to decide on sliding into a fence or going straight onto a gravel area. chose the latter.
was wearing both the texspeed trousers and jacket. slid on my side for 20-30 feet, and sustained nothing at all as the gear protected me 100%
nothing got shredded, apart from the faring on my bike.
bikes can be fixed, we cant so easily!
the clothes protected me as I needed them to.
They are warm, windproof and waterproof(at first)! drove through severe wet weather this summer, and kept dry!
on the minus side, I needed to re-waterproof the trousers after a few months wear!
on 27 July 2012
"Highly recommended. 5 stars really isn't enough.

I was advised by the Seller to consider getting slightly longer trousers so that they could "ride up" whilst straddling my bike - clever move.

I've used them over 60 miles in absolutely atrocious rain and wind conditions, and stayed 100% dry. I've also worn them over 500 miles of relatively good weather now, and they're comfortable and dry.

The Seller - Bike Wear Direct - offered A1 service/delivery/communications/advice, and free delivery for over £100 (I bought the jacket too). Superb.

Overall, its an A1 suit with good protection and are very waterproof, well worth the (relatively small) cost. Brilliant.
on 9 September 2013
Well worth the money, front Velcro pockets are excellent as you can place your mobile phone,wallet etc in them as there is plenty of space to accommodate these items with the added bonus of easy access.The trousers include knee and thigh impact pads.There is also an inner liner that can be removed for summer riding.Would advise anyone on a budget to purchase these trousers.They were delivered promptly so a first class service overall from the supplier.
on 10 January 2015
I returned these items as I wanted a bit more protection than the armour which in these items, and also a better fit. But here’s my opinion for what it’s worth. Both items arrived very quickly after order. They appeared as described by the seller. The jacket was a perfect fit in the arm length, under arm and across the back (I’m 5’11” and slim – medium build). After that, the body was a bit too generous for me and when I used the Velcro adjustment straps on either side, I looked like a bag of spuds. If you have a beer belly or are a bit portly then this shouldn’t be an issue to you.
The pants, I measured my current Richa monsoon as shown on the size chart for the product and bought the 36” waist, as I use them over my work pants or a pair of jeans. The outer shell seemed find but the lining was too tight for me to wear anything under them. This may not be an issue with some, but unfortunately, the changing rooms at work and mixed and I wouldn’t want to get all the ladies hot under the collar at the start of the shift (or scare them to death at least).
The quality of the material seemed fine and the stitching etc was also fine. The Hi Viz is a bit bright but that’s what it’s for. If the fit had been better and he armour more in line with my current RST / Richa clothing then I would have kept them, but unfortunately they weren’t. The price is about right for the kit and if your shape differs from mine you should have no issues. All in all not bad for the price (if they fit). No problem with the returns either, although you have to pay the postage.
on 4 April 2013
My partner does like the oputfit but, unfortunately, the first time he went out on his bike in the rain water did seep into his clothing underneath. He returned the items and received replacements. These appear to be ok
on 7 October 2014
At first these trousers seemed like a real bargain, good finish, comfortable to wear. However, after ast night and this morning I have changed my opinion. Having ridden through the first substantial rain we have had since I purchased these trousers, I found they shipped water like a sieve and by the end of my journey, I was uncomfortably wet! These trousers are a big let down and do not represent good value.
on 25 December 2012
i am a motorcycle rider instructor i ride 7 days a weak ,just lately in the rain and cold ,but so far i have stayed warm and dry as well as sean
on 26 July 2012
I brought these for my Honda scooter. They fit well, have removal inner lining for a hot day and are very bright. Highly recommended.
on 4 December 2011
I bought these trousers to wear every day i ride. They are well made, waterproof (tried and tested) comfortable and affordable. They aren't true high viz, but they are bright enough to help to be seen. To be honest they are probably better of not being true high viz. They offer pretty good extra protection and have an inside extra warm liner which you can detatch.
I'm really pleased with these trousers. I only wish i had ordered a couple of sizes bigger. Not on the length, but on the waist. They would fit perfect if i never had jeans on underneath. But if you are going to wear trousers or jeans underneath then i suggest you order atleast one size bigger. I ordered 34" by 34". I should have got 36 width to allow for extra clothes. Because i hadn't, i've had to take out the inside liner.
Anyway, good product and well worth the money.
on 16 November 2014
Bought the Jacket, Trousers and Gloves together giving the advantage of no P&P. They turned the next day which was a surprise as it was stated 3-5 days. Combo was very bright so hope car drivers will see me. I get the jacket one size up XL where I only needed L and was very tight around the neck, it has loosen off with wear but still very snug (2 month old now), fits great every where else. Trousers Again one size up and they fit great over jeans. Whole lot is warm (been out at 3C and still OK). Trousers very water proof but jacket started to leek after the 20th mile, not complaining as it was a torrential down pour in high winds (not a fun ride) so I was happy it lasted that long. All in all, fantastic product for the price.