on 18 August 2012
I got this 2.1 home cinema to link with my Samsung 3D TV. It was easy to set up with the optical connection allows me to play the TV through the external speakers which greatly enhances the sound quality. The player loads Blu Rays quickly and the picture quality is excellent. The speakers are compact but powerful and the 2.1 was a good compromise because I did not want to have to speakers and wires all round the room but wanted a better sound than what the TV speakers could provide.
on 2 December 2012
I was looking for a new Blu ray system. I had a DVD surround system and a Blu ray player which connected through a optical cable, but try as I might with settings, I constantly had sync issues and 2 boxes. Due to a very small front room and a Girlfriend that hates wires, I never had the rear speakers connected and was constantly moaned at for OTT base from the sub woofer. Well, this is the answer to all our prayers! The Mrs loves it because it looks smart and has tiny speakers, plus 1 box instead of 2, with fewer wires. Even better, if the bass gets too loud I can turn the bass down on the sub woofer and keep Her happy. For me, the set up was a doddle and the sound is amazing out of such small speakers, picture quality is excellent too. I have seen some reviews moaning about the wi-fi, but for £20 quid extra you can get an adaptor and it's still about £50 cheaper than the same model with built in wi-fi, so I'm not sure what the issue is!! For £200 a real bargain!
on 20 January 2013
Hello All,

The sound quality for the price is superb which I think was my top priority. As far as Wi-Fi is concerned (which it doesn't have built-in, but clearly says wireless adapter required), it does have an USB input and moreover I've connected using wired LAN - so wi-fi was not really a priority for me. Using LAN, youtube works like a charm with excellent quality both audio and video. All-share through Samsung works amazing as well. If you have a big enough screen, Blu-ray doesn't get better, excellent quality again.

Pros:
Cheap compared to similar 2.1 systems
Sound quality
Super-Fast DVD playback, Blu-ray slightly slower but still acceptable.
3D (I have not tested this yet)
Compact

Cons:
On the noisier side when disk is running, but what I've noticed is that this noise is super imposed completely if your speaker volume is on average level. But if your priority is to connect for example your gaming console or connect TV output through this system, don't think twice because it is really, really good.

Please do ask if you have any questions related to review.
on 26 April 2012
Where to start. OK!

I had a previous Samsung Ciny Surround system which decided not to play videos anymore {just displayed 'STOP' all the time), it was only 2 years old but due to lazyness I decided to replace it with another Samsung as my TV is Samsung.

Delivery was expedited quickly and everything arrived as one would expect. Unpacked the item and connected it up to my existing speakers just to try it out at first.

WOW, OMG, what a fantastic picture, sound is noticeably better than before and I have yet to connect the upgraded speakers!.

I have a lot of mp4 movies on my PC (ACER ASPIRE) which is stuck to the back of my LED TV to view directly. The HT-E4200 accessed my pc as soon as I connected the ethernet cable and displayed all my movies. Clicked on one of my favourites, 300, and WHAM, picture was infinately improved from what I previously thought was crisp and vibrant. I will have to watch all my movies again!!

Set up is a dream even the samsung apps are good and the internet access.

WELL DONE SAMSUNG.

(I reserve the right to alter this review should it break down!)
on 11 December 2012
This review was started on 11/12/12. A new section was added 05/01/13 as the problem continues. And another section added on 19/01/2013 as the worst customer service in the world continues to haunt us. Yet another on 21/01/13
No doubt more will need to be added as the incompetence of Reliant continues. A new section added on 14/01/2012
We were happy when this was first received and gave a rating of 5 stars. Now we would give less than zero.
The dvd players developed a fault and would only play some dvds.
We contacted Reliant, the supplier, to be told that under the terms of the guarantee the dvd player could only be repaired and not replaced.
This seems to be a contravention of the Sales of Goods Act.
After some days of 'discussion' by email we were told that Reliant would send us packing materials so that the dvd unit could be returned for repair.
Christmas is approaching so we were forced to accept this as a temporary measure, though we intend to take action to obtain a proper repalcement.
On the same day, the very same morning, a man called to collect the dvd player. Of course it was not ready as we were expecting the delivery of packing materials. He left.
Ten minutes later, Samsung 'phoned out of the blue to say that they will arrange to collect the unit tomorrow. They hope that we can find a suitable box and they will provide labels.
Now we have packing materials apparently coming from Reliant,a collection by Samsung and a potentially repaired machine.
I hope Amazon allows me to continue this exciting tale of chaos and confusion.
But if you don't want a similiar adventure the solution is to avoid purchasing from Reliant. The name Reliant, in this case, is very misleading!
IT IS NOW A MONTH LATER. Reliant(?) would not replace the machine. It was taken away for repair. Two weeks later it was reurned and was still faulty.
Clearly it is not fit for purpose but all Reliant(?) want to do now is 'uplift' it. We assume this means, take it way yet again. In a previous mail Reliant(?) told us that if the machine could not be repaired it would be replaced. This sentiment now seems to be forgotten or ignored.
This report will be continued as even more incompetence on the part of Reliant(?) is revealed by future events
By this stage of the stage (14/01/2013) things have moved on. Reliant(?) carried out the new uplift and the unit was taken away again, BUT I arranged for the driver to see the unit failing to work before it was packed and removed. This resulted in an immediate offer of a replacement. Oh! It would have been so easy if the fault had been recognised in the first place and a replacement given to us then. Hopefully this saga is now at an end. Hopefully the replacement works!
I thank the staff at Reliant for their help in this. I cannot however thank the management who even decided not to discuss the problem on the 'phone with so that the whole situation had to be dealt with by a long series of emails using Amazon.
Surprise surprise! No replacement has ben received. Nothing has happened. More emails go back and forth!
Now Reliant(?) claim that they cannot obtain a replacement to send to me. Odd, as Amazon now has 9 in stock and other firms seem to have plenty. A manager (the same one who can't use a telephone?) is investigating this and I am supposed to be contacted on Monday 21/01/2013. I do not raise many hopes of this.
Amazon have mailed the firm as well asking what is going on.
As anyone would be after 6 weeks of inaction and incompetence in behalf of this firm I am now heartly tired of the whole shoddy affair and if I never see a Samsung cinema system again it will be far to soon.
I have a feeling that I won't ever see one, judging by the farce this has become.
Certainly I will never purchas Samsung products again or use an Amazom associated firm. If Amazon do not have the product I want in stock then its off to the good old fashioned shops for me
21/01/13 I was right. There was no contact from Reliant(?) until i rang them and then an member of staff 'phoned me. No management seems capable of reslving this simple problem. I have given them 24 hours to send me a refund. Then after 6 weeks of nonsense i will begin legal action.
on 29 January 2013
A great bit of kit gives good sound for a 2.1 sub woofer gives good deep bass, 3d blu ray player is just great on my Samsung smart tv and with the arc feature I can control everything with one remote, its a very good all rounder at a good price ,I would recommend this product to anybody
on 30 August 2014
Sound was great and it's nice that any modern Samsung TV can also be controlled by the remote. Shame it only worked for just shy of a year before the BluRay drive stopped functioning completely.
on 14 December 2015
Nice simple system. Working well with samsung TV & sky+HD box. There is a sky remote code for controlling this system
on 13 September 2012
OK, how can I say this!

The description of the product is not real!

First of all, it says it comes with WIFI, not true, it is not a built in WIFI, you need a Wireless dongle for it to work. It says specifically that it has a BUILT IN WIFI on the product description!! SUCKSSSSS.

The worst for me was when I found out that there is no "HDMI IN" connections!!! supposed to be 2 HDMI IN. It has only a HDMI OUT socket!!! and that I am sure it was suppose to exist, that was one of the main reasons why a bought it!

Really disappointed with those 2 let downs!

The SMART TV, even with a wired internet (did I mention it does not have the built in WIFI??? :()connection it is pretty slow, and my internet speed service is 100MB, so cant blame my service!

Besides that, it has a pretty good sound quality for a 2.1 home cinema.

It is quiet quick reading the HDD through the USB connection. Even reads your files from your smart phone when plugged into the USB. Would be much nicer to link your phone and pc via WIFI, but......!!!!

So, if you want a built in WIFI and HDMI IN sockets, like I wanted, don't by it, if not, it is a good buy for the price of it!
on 16 September 2012
This product is advertised (or at least leads you strongly to believe) as having built in wi fi connectivity. It does not, you need to buy a seperate dongle which was irritating to say the least.
As I bought it mainly to connect to my sky hd box and improve the crappy sound fromy tv, it was not a deal breaker and the sound quality is terrific for a 2.1 set up. I use the audio via RCA cables as the optical connection would not work for me, whether this is my sky box or the blu ray I don't know. The sound from DVDs is deep rich and powerful.
Looks neat and is easy to configure. Hdmi out Would be nice as well.