on 29 April 2013
surprisingly clear and precise images for something this price. A Bargain! My kids take it everywhere, hanging round their necks!
on 9 September 2013
This is an excellent toy, it kept my daughter entertained all summer. From tracing to lines on her hands to looking at the details on a ladybird, she never lost interest. There is a small light to illuminate your subject for thorough study and is durable enough that a 5 year old didn't break it. I may but another as a gift for her friends.
on 24 January 2014
We adults couldn't wait to have a go, even though it was meant for our 7 year old niece... you'd think you wouldn't need instructions, until you try to use it. No instructions, just the back of the card shows how to switch the light on and off and that's it. 5 different adults 'had a go', because everyone wants to be the one who can make it work...sometime later, when we were considering returning it because everything was blurred, you just couldn't see a thing... someone realised that you literally have to hold the item to view right up touching the magnifying part... the magnification is massive. To be honest you could get the same thing with a good resolution magnifying glass and be able to see a much wider area, but this looks the part for kids, however, lightweight plastic that I don't think will last for long in a kids hands and getting whacked around in the undergrowth.
on 19 August 2013
Great product - magnification is brilliant for the price, and is nicely portable. Both kids love it and have had loads of fun looking at different creepy crawlies among other delights!
on 29 September 2013
Bought it for my scientifically inclined nature loving niece and found that she was thrilled. It was used quite extensively the first day. It has a light source and is quite good. Would definitely recommend it.
on 4 January 2014
Bought this for my youngest son aged 4 but the whole family is having fun with it, including my 10 year old son. Gives great illuminated magnification. We've only used it indoors so far but have looked at skin (so hairy), printed paper (you can see the dots that make up the printing), the carpet (don't go there!) and the logs for the wood burner (see the wood fibres). We'll be taking it out on walks to look at sand on the beach, leaves, soil etc. Very surprised by the quality of this microscope. Highly recommended.
on 31 December 2014
Bought this to accompany a bug safari and ladybird kit for my twin grandsons and its magnification is fantastic! Unfortunately they're gonna have to wait until the slightly warmer months to study up close God's creatures as its a bit cold and we've been unable to find any lol. Mind you they declared "Awesome" when they looked at frost under this microscope as you could see such glittery detail. I think this is going to prove to be an awesome gift as my grandsons would say!
on 11 March 2015
I bought this for my grandson age 7 for his birthday. He is thrilled to bits with it, as it really enlarges the bugs etc that he loves so much.
His mother has given it the thumbs up. It is fairly robust and so it should keep him going for a while. Also the telescope I bought with it is good as well. All in all a very good gift.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2015
This is a great product and requires minimal skill to use - you just put one end flat against the thing you want to look at, turn the in built light on and look through the viewfinder. The images it delivers are really, really surprisingly good for a toy - they far, far exceeded what I'd expect for the price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2014
I bought this for my 5year old grandson who was doing a school project studying Mini beasts. I was very disappointed that this microscope was difficult for me to be able to focus on anything close up let alone my Grandson being able to use. I have since bought him a conventional magnifying glass which has been ideal