5.0 out of 5 stars Handy device
Published 11 months ago by A M Bronze

2.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY
SPASMODICALLY WORKED AND NOW DIED.DEFINITELY A POOR TENNERS WORTH .I WOULDN'T SAY TO ANYONE THAT THIS IS WORTH BUYING
NOPE NOT FOR ME
Published 3 months ago by IAN MURRAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy device, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Verbatim 97928 Universal AA USB/Micro USB Power Pack (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I wanted a USB power pack that took AA batteries as I have loads of AA rechargeable. This device works fine and has a built in regulator to maintain the correct voltage. Using a set of 2900mah batteries from Seven Day Shop, it charged my tablet from nearly flat with enough power left to give a part charge to my smart phone. It should be born in mind that these types of charges are only around 70 % efficient so you will only get around 2000mah from a 2900mah set of rechargeable.

When you first plug it into your phone to charge there is a blue LED around the USB socket which turns to red when the batteries are getting low. It will cut off the power before the batteries are completely drained.

Added bonus is if you are away from home and need to charge the phone, you can buy AA virtually anywhere to get you out of trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable power via USB conector from AA batteries, 6 Sep 2013
Power for iphone, ipod and camera while camping - runs from 4 AA batteries. Instructions are slightly not clear as to whether it will charge an ipad or not - outer packaging says it will, inner leafleat says not - as I don't have an ipad I can't test it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good, 26 April 2014
Many times when my phone Galaxy S4 runs out of battery this power pack helps me while in transient. I realy love it. Works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY, 17 Mar 2014
NOPE NOT FOR ME

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and does the job but a bit big, 12 Mar 2014
A good device but it is quite chunky - it fits 4 AA batteries. It got me out of trouble recently and I would recommend it since it can use batteries. A small more compact unit like one from the Pebble brand might be easier to carry.